News Disney Genie digital assistant app coming to Walt Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
Question-----Vietnam vet honorable discharge-- What level of disability is required for discounted tickets?

So ....

I don't own a cell phone / smart phone.
Never have, and have no interest in it even though a certain Imagineer I greatly admire once told me I should get one.
True story.
If he can't motivate me, I guess it's not meant to be!
😄

Anyway....
One has to wonder what the future Park experience is going to be like for someone like me who doesn't have smartphone access, or refuses to bring one to the Park.
What kind of experience will these Guests receive?

I have done fine up until last year, when the introduction of 'virtual queues/ boarding groups' started for 'Star Wars : Rise at Dawn' ...err...I mean 'Rise of The Resistance'.
I have yet to have experienced it in person despite being at DHS a few times since it opened.
Years prior, I reserved all FP+ and dining in advance online at home via my laptop...and all went fine.
But with 'Genie' now muscling his way into the property and basically being lined up to overtake what little free will / spontaneous options there are ( that are included with admission..,mind you )...... One has to wonder.

There are others who are 'digital device free' in the Parks....and not just senior citizens or toddlers.
Lifestyle choices....sanity choices......enjoyment choices.
What is a visit to WDW going to be like then?
🤔

I can already guess the answer, but thought it would make for a interesting additional topic to discuss.

-

Just a guess but I know we have seen the old FastPass+ terminals slowly returning to some areas. EPCOT had them coved over by The Seas. I would guess these with be loaded with the new Genie software for those that don't have or use phones.

The only thing I really hope they have Genie do is deal with DAS. I use DAS when my middle child is with us at the parks. While I appreciate the DAS program I wish after you sign up it was linked into your phone to get return times. Sometimes on really bad mood days its hard for him not to have a melt down when we stop in front of an attraction and he is not going on it right away. Being able to get a return time on a phone would allow me to avoid a few melt downs lol.

Time will tell with Genie I hope it ends up being a great app.

MurphyJoe

Genie will be a turning point. Pay to get in, pay to get a fast pass, I would not be surprised if you will pay to get a sit down dining reservation eventually.

Perhaps Disney will roll out more prix fixe menus then require payment upfront if you're not on a dining plan. This could be extended to the buffets and family-styled restaurants too.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
What the heck is an Elephant Ear?
1628976409660.png

And....No....It's not a Funnel Cake. It's kinda like a funnel cake. But better. It's an "everything that's bad for you" treat.

Figments Friend

I'm sorry but this just sucks. I am one of the most optimistic people I know and this is just so...crushing. A middle-class family saves up to go to Disney and now they are charged EVEN MORE if they want to ride the most popular rides? I am praying this has been exaggerated. I can't see how Disney will benefit from this negative PR, most people I know feel that Disney is already too complicated as it is. Imagine being new to the parks after this all rolls out?!?!?

Don't worry.
The Marketing will present the 'Genie' upsell options as a 'benefit for our Guests'.
You will be able to 'benefit' by skipping the 150 minute standby line wait at your favorite Attraction when 'Genie' offers a come back time for only $10 to $15 dollars.

"Don't wanna wait?
Your Wish is granted!"
( for a additional fee, of course....)

And yes, this will 'suck' for many but likely be a boon for others.

-

TYOTimer

Still think 10-15 is wishfull thinking. I just hope that doesnt come to pass at all.
10-15 will be the price for a ride like the Tea Cups. I could see upwards of 30 or 40 for something like FoP, and 50+ for a guaranteed boarding group on ROTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom