News Disney Genie digital assistant app coming to Walt Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

arich35

So with a park like AK, if FOP, River, Safari, Everest are all at standby return queue what in the world are people going to go do? It doesn't make any sense

RSoxNo1

So with a park like AK, if FOP, River, Safari, Everest are all at standby return queue what in the world are people going to go do? It doesn't make any sense
Don't get me wrong, DAK needs more rides, especially on the right side of the park, but up until RotR opened, there was more to do in DAK than DHS.

I could spend 8 hours in that park before Pandora opened.

arich35

Don't get me wrong, DAK needs more rides, especially on the right side of the park, but up until RotR opened, there was more to do in DAK than DHS.

I could spend 8 hours in that park before Pandora opened.
But if a majority of people are waiting for stand by everything else is going to be packed.

Figments Friend

So ....

I don't own a cell phone / smart phone.
Never have, and have no interest in it even though a certain Imagineer I greatly admire once told me I should get one.
True story.
If he can't motivate me, I guess it's not meant to be!
😄

Anyway....
One has to wonder what the future Park experience is going to be like for someone like me who doesn't have smartphone access, or refuses to bring one to the Park.
What kind of experience will these Guests receive?

I have done fine up until last year, when the introduction of 'virtual queues/ boarding groups' started for 'Star Wars : Rise at Dawn' ...err...I mean 'Rise of The Resistance'.
I have yet to have experienced it in person despite being at DHS a few times since it opened.
Years prior, I reserved all FP+ and dining in advance online at home via my laptop...and all went fine.
But with 'Genie' now muscling his way into the property and basically being lined up to overtake what little free will / spontaneous options there are ( that are included with admission..,mind you )...... One has to wonder.

There are others who are 'digital device free' in the Parks....and not just senior citizens or toddlers.
Lifestyle choices....sanity choices......enjoyment choices.
What is a visit to WDW going to be like then?
🤔

I can already guess the answer, but thought it would make for a interesting additional topic to discuss.

-

celluloid

So ....

I don't own a cell phone / smart phone.
Never have, and have no interest in it even though a certain Imagineer I greatly admire once told me I should get one.
True story.
If he can't motivate me, I guess it's not meant to be!
😄

Anyway....
One has to wonder what the future Park experience is going to be like for someone like me who doesn't have smartphone access, or refuses to bring one to the Park.
What kind of experience will these Guests receive?

I have done fine up until last year, when the introduction of 'virtual queues/ boarding groups' started for 'Star Wars : Rise at Dawn' ...err...I mean 'Rise of The Resistance'.
I have yet to have experienced it in person despite being at DHS a few times since it opened.
Years prior, I reserved all FP+ and dining in advance online at home via my laptop...and all went fine.
But with 'Genie' now muscling his way into the property and basically being lined up to overtake what little free will / spontaneous options there are ( that are included with admission..,mind you )...... One has to wonder.

There are others who are 'digital device free' in the Parks....and not just senior citizens or toddlers.
Lifestyle choices....sanity choices......enjoyment choices.
What is a visit to WDW going to be like then?
🤔

I can already guess the answer, but thought it would make for a interesting additional topic to discuss.

-

There may be some difficulties but I honestly think it can still me more fun, at least for the way I like to plan and enjoy the parks. The itinerary they give ultimately is going to want to benefit the patterns they want and guest spending.

The worst thing to me about theme parks is backtracking. You burn so much rewalking time back and forth trying to make fastpass times and this sounds similar. If you just go as you go and explore when you want it seems to be more productive, and more specifically, more enjoyable.

nickys

Premium Member
How long does the queue get for Navii?

But to answer your question there’s a show, hopefully two, two major trails, all the smaller trails, Dinosaur and the new show on the water. Plus the train and Conservation Station. Disney will want you eating or shopping of course.

That said, having all the rides in a park use the standby return pass system will create problems.

jpinkc

I have seen upto 210 mInutes personally for FOP and Navi upwards of 120 and that blows my mind for Navi, and its not that good.

Indy_UK

In theory, if the cost of the FPs is so high such that few guests purchase them, the standby wait times should drop significantly. But if Disney is successfully able to get enough guests to buy FPs, it will be disastrous for those who don't pay.

Im pretty sure this is how this will end up

drizgirl

In the past, for most guests, the very long standby waits were partially offset by very short FP+ waits. The problem is that once the new system is introduced, if you don't pay for line-skipping access, you will have to wait exclusively in standby lines. For the same price, you would experience significantly fewer attractions.

In theory, if the cost of the FPs is so high such that few guests purchase them, the standby wait times should drop significantly. But if Disney is successfully able to get enough guests to buy FPs, it will be disastrous for those who don't pay.
It's still disastrous for those who don't pay because they are still relegated to standby only.

UNCgolf

I have seen upto 210 mInutes personally for FOP and Navi upwards of 120 and that blows my mind for Navi, and its not that good.

I saw FoP at 240 last time I was there. I think Navi was over 100.

I actually really like Navi (apparently in a tiny minority here) even though it has a lot of problems, because the things it does very well are among the most important parts of a Disney ride for me. I'd rather have more Navis than more FoPs (that's not to say Navi is better than FoP; it's just the type of design). With that said, it should never have a 100+ minute wait and I would never wait that long for it. It's not that kind of ride.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

So is this where we see the pay fastpasses?
Genie will be a turning point. Pay to get in, pay to get a fast pass, I would not be surprised if you will pay to get a sit down dining reservation eventually.

I would not be surprised if you will eventually be able to purchase a full day itinerary for you and your family; Fastpasses, dining reservations timed; no more zig zagging through the park to get from one Fastpass time then to your dining reservation on the other side of the park.

As Tim Tracker says, “Now it’s time to pay the price”. Little did he know he was predicting the future..

Fox&Hound

I'm sorry but this just sucks. I am one of the most optimistic people I know and this is just so...crushing. A middle-class family saves up to go to Disney and now they are charged EVEN MORE if they want to ride the most popular rides? I am praying this has been exaggerated. I can't see how Disney will benefit from this negative PR, most people I know feel that Disney is already too complicated as it is. Imagine being new to the parks after this all rolls out?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom