Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

dreday3

Our first day in the parks is October 22. I'll try to post our experiences if Genie+ is in play by that time. Should have some downtime between buying it at midnight and planning our rides at 7 am ;)

I'll make sure to log on right before you and crash the whole system. :D

mikejs78

Premium Member
If they are smart they will wait until some of the negative reviews of the new 50th shows dies down before implementing this mess because ya know what’s coming with this

Narrator: they won't wait.

Curious — other than this site, what other sites are rumoring that date? I haven’t seen it elsewhere personally.

I'd trust this site over virtually any other when it comes to rumors.

aaronml

Narrator: they won't wait.

I'd trust this site over virtually any other when it comes to rumors.
Oh I 100% agree. I was more curious what other sites (which may very well be getting info from this site) also are rumoring that date, since I haven’t seen it anywhere else.

JakeAZ

Is it wishful thinking to think this is delayed due to the reception the announcement recieved? I know Disney doesn't usually care when they announce bad news, but this went over like a fart in church.

Maybe some re-tooling before launch?

Then again, more bad news has trickled out about no re-rides and how Genie+ is basically useless at EP and AK due to the 2 IA$ rides at each.

Patcheslee

Is it wishful thinking to think this is delayed due to the reception the announcement recieved? I know Disney doesn't usually care when they announce bad news, but this went over like a fart in church.

Then again, more bad news has trickled out about no re-rides and how Genie+ is basically useless at EP and AK due to the 2 IA$ rides at each.
Remy doesn't seem to be living up to the demand expected either. Boarding groups are consistently available. Maybe they need to time reassess what will be a IA$ again.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
No. If it's delayed it's due to lack of demand.

I could see them launching without IAS if crowds stay light.

The best four attractions at Epcot and the best one attraction at Animal Kingdom are not IAS attractions. Their picks were great news for guests.

JakeAZ

No you don't. BGs have been available after the park hopping window.
Probably because people are not wasting a park reservation on EP.

About how long into the day are they still available?

As of now, our plan for EP is hopping late in the day on a Deluxe hour night. Have dinner, then stay late to do everything. More than likely, this will cause us to miss Remy. Won't be disappointed though.

James J

In the Parks
No
Probably because people are not wasting a park reservation on EP.

About how long into the day are they still available?

As of now, our plan for EP is hopping late in the day on a Deluxe hour night. Have dinner, then stay late to do everything. More than likely, this will cause us to miss Remy. Won't be disappointed though.

As per the dedicated thread for the attraction:

The second window was open until just after 5pm today.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I could see them launching without IAS if crowds stay light.
I think it's the other way around... I think you'd be better off to sell the IAS alone - then introduce Genie+ as a 'bulk offer' of LL access once the need for many attractions is there.

The problem with Genie+ right now is, it offers a 1 time feature for rides that don't need it. So Genie+ is the one being hindered, not IAS. IAS for the headliners ... those rides still have the highest demand. So sell IAS for that and then build the demand for lineskip for other rides too.. then offer Genie+ LL access.

If you were to put the headliners in the normal Genie+ offer... it's going to be messy to pull them out at a later iteration.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I think it's the other way around... I think you'd be better off to sell the IAS alone - then introduce Genie+ as a 'bulk offer' of LL access once the need for many attractions is there.

The problem with Genie+ right now is, it offers a 1 time feature for rides that don't need it. So Genie+ is the one being hindered, not IAS. IAS for the headliners ... those rides still have the highest demand. So sell IAS for that and then build the demand for lineskip for other rides too.. then offer Genie+ LL access.

If you were to put the headliners in the normal Genie+ offer... it's going to be messy to pull them out at a later iteration.
Nobody is going to buy IAS for the current slate of rides except Rise and MAYBE Flight of Passage. Ratatouille was a flop and that was the only other candidate until Tron and Guardians.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Nobody is going to buy IAS for the current slate of rides except Rise and MAYBE Flight of Passage. Ratatouille was a flop and that was the only other candidate until Tron and Guardians.

That's my hope - that it flops and they roll it into the Genie+ offering. I think if they abandon IA$, they could have a compelling package if all attractions are included (even if they limit tier-1 types to 2 per day..). Agree that Rise and FoP are the only real candidates for IA$ being moderately successful...

I don't think Rat is a flop, it's just not an E-Ticket and was never meant to be - but it is a flop in the sense that it won't be a huge IA$ draw.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Story will change as we get into the holiday period... Stories of WDW demand death are greatly exaggerated IMO.

Besides, Disney just starts running rides at lower capacities... then the waits and 'demand' magically increases.

The hour plus waits will return...

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Story will change as we get into the holiday period... Stories of WDW demand death are greatly exaggerated IMO.

Besides, Disney just starts running rides at lower capacities... then the waits and 'demand' magically increases.

The hour plus waits will return...
I don't think think it's WDW demand death, I think it's tourism demand death, courtesy of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

JetBlue is advertising flights from Providence to Orlando for $64. That's insane.

matt9112

I think Universal has a strategic pandemic benefit in their AP promotion earlier in the year when things were starting to look better and Disney was heavily limiting attendance. So they have built in a good chunk of people who have incentive already to go there repeatedly, which reduces the number of people either paying for tickets or APs at Disney somewhat. There are some like me who have passes to both, but I imagine this was a chance for many to try something else.

Now with these people getting used to going to Universal, they have the new park opening up, and that is it's own huge draw. Having the newest "thing" is going to be a big deal, especially considering that Nintendo World will be part of it. I can only hope that after Epic Universe opens that Disney follows up with some big additions of their own.

Years ago i had both but im not local enough living an hour away makes weekdays pretty meh i have done it but its nothing to write home about therefor its weekends only. Not only could i not buy a pass back forever for Disney but the old silver simply worked better for my scenario. There is no price point where it makes sense for me to visit during the week. So i got uni passes again. Look i miss disney but the overall way they have been running the place i do not plan on buying passes. I will prob buy a day or two sometime during the 50th but thats it. I don't have thousands for disney each year like many here do. If im buying a disney AP it has to make sense to me, to have value.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom