News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

PolynesianPrincess

I think they missed out with BTB. I know since they have Be Our Guest, that they thought it might not be as popular or able to compete. I would've rode it over and over regardless. That is my favorite Disney movie ever made. I think a lot of people feel that way. I have a phobia of rats, and think the premise for Ratatouille is absolutely disgusting. It literally gives me anxiety. I would not ride that ride if they paid me, let alone wake up early for it. WS definitely needs rides, but not about rats running around kitchens. Then they want you to have an appetite, and pay a hefty price to eat after that. I am looking forward to the creperie though.

What is BTB?

If you don't like it, don't go on it. Many people disagree with you. It's a cute movie. That's the good thing about Disney... you don't have to like everything because there's thousands of other people who do :)

J4546

I dont think Rat is better than BatB. The BatB land and ride looks amazing in Tokyo imo, not that Rat doesnt look great.

UNCgolf

I've never once been in the World Showplace or even looked at it -- is that facade cardboard? It looks terrible. I think the actual non-disguised entrance would look better.

UNCgolf

The news post about it links to this thread, but it doesn't look like it was actually posted in this thread. Oops.

This is what I was referring to:

Ratatouille_Full_44677.jpg

James Alucobond

Better than the original Millennium Village appearance, at least. 🤷‍♂️ But ideally, this thing would just implode since they're not even using it for Food & Wine anymore, I suppose because it's too out-of-the-way and they want foot traffic to all kiosks. This and the plot across the water from China are the two that most deserve to be developed from the standpoint of balance.

jaxonp

The news post about it links to this thread, but it doesn't look like it was actually posted in this thread. Oops.

This is what I was referring to:

Ratatouille_Full_44677.jpg
This is a festival or private party space between UK and Canada. Sometimes the areas is gated off. You wouldn’t even know it was there unless it’s open. They’ve been using it a lot since Covid.

James Alucobond

RAT is a much better fit to the France Pavilion than BATB would have been. Leave the classic princess fairy tales in the Magic Kingdom where they fit perfectly...rather than shoehorned into EPCOT.
While I agree that Ratatouille is a better fit in EPCOT because, well, Paris, with the new mullet theming of the World Showcase (business in the front, IP party in the back), some of the princess fairytales are fairly sensible depending on the country. Anything Grimm could work in Germany, and while it stretches the definition of a princess to the broader Disney categorization of leading ladies, Mulan certainly fits China.

Bocabear

While I agree that Ratatouille is a better fit in EPCOT because, well, Paris, with the new mullet theming of the World Showcase (business in the front, IP party in the back), some of the princess fairytales are fairly sensible depending on the country. Anything Grimm could work in Germany, and while it stretches the definition of a princess to the broader Disney categorization of leading ladies, Mulan certainly fits China.
I would agree with Mulan and Coco for World Showcase...the others I am not too sure about. I wish TDO had the conviction to create original park content.. Like a Germany ride that would not be dependent on existing IP...but something fresh and park specific... Look at what Tokyo Disneyland did with Sinbad for the Arabian Coast section of Tokyo Disney Seas...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom