Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
This depends on your tolerance of waiting and time/planning. I can totally see why someone might pay. Even if they would prefer not to.

Remy is not a guarantee for the VQ. Its a lottery like Rise and when its busy, the 2nd chance might not happen either. It is easier now but lets see Thanksgiving and the holidays...

Ill be buying Slinky, Rise, and FOP with the hopes I can get Remy free. If not ill want to buy it and avoid the long wait between Christmas and New Year. So I will be buying 4 also. No plans for Space or SDMT in MK. One is not worth it to me and the other i've been on a zillion times.
Rat is not a lottery and neither was Rise.

Waters Back Side

Gosh, I was looking at the TP app just now - does no one go on Soarin anymore? It's 5 minute wait!!! And it was pretty low yesterday too.

All lines at all parks outside of ROTR and FoP are under 60 minutes at the moment.

If it stays like this, I'm not buying any IAS unless I can't control myself and want to ride Rat our arrival night! :D

Some weeks you can go and not need Genie + or to buy the IAS rides. Others you have no choice unless you do not mind waiting a long time for rides.

flynnibus

Premium Member
RAT is no Soarin' or FOP and never would be... they just need to drop the idea of trying to pitch it as some limited Tier 1 resource.

VQ for it would be fine to deal with 'opening' crowds, but should have always just been framed as dealing with the spike in demand due to opening. Past it's first year it's gonna settle down into a normal tier 2 kind of wait for a ride in a park with very few rides.

pdude81

If Rise was random then my family wouldn't likely have gotten it 5 out of 6 tries at 7am and 1/1 the only time I had to try in the afternoon. Back in the early days when you had to be in the park to try and pull of a BG while waiting in a rope drop line, I believe it was somewhat random. These days I'd have hit the button within a second or two of 7am and my wife would have a boarding group before the next page even tried to load for me.

Now it wasn't fair that speed, skill, practice, advance knowledge, etc. made a big difference, but if you followed the procedures it was not hard to achieve at least 50% of the time.

Waters Back Side

I do not think the IAS rides are anything more then what Disney sees are the 2 consistently longest wait lines in each park.

Remy is not Soarin and never will be. Remy is not the best ride in Epcot, but its the new ride.. and will draw people so it will at least to start be on that tier. HS its obvious it will be Slinky and Rise. MK Space and Mine Train. We heard a few different possibilities from 2 reliable go to sources for AK (FOP goes without say)and it will be either Safari or Everest which have comparable wait times when its busy. Same with Test Track and/or Frozen as the 2nd in Epcot. Perhaps there is internal discussions on which two it should be for AK and Epcot and thats why we saw two different possibilities. Regardless, I think it really comes down to the 2 rides with the longest wait.

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
If Rise was random then my family wouldn't likely have gotten it 5 out of 6 tries at 7am and 1/1 the only time I had to try in the afternoon. Back in the early days when you had to be in the park to try and pull of a BG while waiting in a rope drop line, I believe it was somewhat random. These days I'd have hit the button within a second or two of 7am and my wife would have a boarding group before the next page even tried to load for me.

Now it wasn't fair that speed, skill, practice, advance knowledge, etc. made a big difference, but if you followed the procedures it was not hard to achieve at least 50% of the time.
We tried to get it at 7 and 1 on our only HS day in May and were not successful. We definitely would have taken the option to pay, especially if we could schedule it at a convenient time for us.

pdude81

We tried to get it at 7 and 1 on our only HS day in May and were not successful. We definitely would have taken the option to pay, especially if we could schedule it at a convenient time for us.
I honestly only tried half the times because it was the only option for riding. Then once I got one I planned around it. I'd rather just wait on line if lines aren't crazy or pay if my son freaks out and needs to ride. Will make my day more flexible

DisneyDodo

Gosh, I was looking at the TP app just now - does no one go on Soarin anymore? It's 5 minute wait!!! And it was pretty low yesterday too.

All lines at all parks outside of ROTR and FoP are under 60 minutes at the moment.

If it stays like this, I'm not buying any IAS unless I can't control myself and want to ride Rat our arrival night! :D
But I would purchase Genie + for a day at MK and DHS, just to be able to schedule some rides ahead of time. Save some line time.
The standby lines will be longer when the rides have to accommodate LL as well

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom