Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

DisneyDodo

No re-rides adds an interesting variable into touring with G+. The best move could be to wait before booking the next LL so it'd be during a more advantageous time slot. Park hopping's value is also increased where it might be better (for maximization of G+) to start in one park, run out of LL entitlements, then hop to another to finish out the day. At the same time, Epcot and MK might run out of LL passes in the afternoon as people hop over to them from AK and HS. Thus there's probably going to be an optimal hoping strategy if the goal is to ride, ride, ride.
Absolutely. Not only does this mean booking your first LL at 7am may not be necessary, but it actually may be harmful in some cases, since you would be “wasting” one of your limited LL bookings for a time when lines are short anyway.

Karakasa

It doesn't mean better, but more befitting takes on a lot more importance when the rides are of similar quality.

It's not like Frozen was a major upgrade over Maelstrom; it's a pretty bad ride.
Yep. FAA is a definite downgrade from Maelstrom, particularly the ice castle segment compared to the troll forest in Maelstrom. There are parts of FAA that are about as good, but that segment alone unfortunately makes it worse.

TrojanUSC

They want people to get enough value that they buy this every day of their trip for 7 days, plus they want to limit how cumbersome the FP lines had become, which will help the standby situation. This includes leaving people wanting more by restricting re-rides, keeping the LL minimally crowded, etc.

John park hopper

So, you have to pay $3,000. plus your DVC charges???? Nuts.

Disney's IT started going downhill when they fired all their experienced IT workers and hired off site to cut costs. OH, that this was followed by the original team having to teach the new team too. I remember reading about this at the time, and thought, Oh No, there goes good IT at disney. We won't go back anymore and are happy to have had so many visits over the years.
It' not just Disney outsourcing their IT my nephew worked for Fedex in their IT dept he was pretty high up in the dept. Fedex started outsourcing their IT to India and wanted him to teach the systems to people that would replace him. Not in so many words he told them to pound salt and lef. Been with Fedex 15 years

Jeff4272

Get to MK for open, rush Space Mtn (7DMT I can take or leave), burn through everything else as quickly as possible, then hop to DHS which has several great options on G+. No dining reservations that day.

This won’t be an every day thing for my family. “This is ride day.”
What if HS rides are all "sold out" by then?

Jeff4272

Sure, I don't need to pay for any of this extra crap. If it saves me time (G+) or gets people out of my face (dessert party) then I likely will pay.
I hear you........But in Epcot or AK, to save 15 mins on 2 rides? I feel same way you do but most people wont....and you can pay for a dessert party separately

pdude81

I hear you........But in Epcot or AK, to save 15 mins on 2 rides? I feel same way you do but most people wont....and you can pay for a dessert party separately
Nah, at those two I'd probably only utilize them if hopping. I'd be more likely to spend 10 bucks at Frozen and do the rest standby. But we'll see how this all plays out. They may find that without letting people pick whatever ride is available at the time, it flops.

Jeff4272

Nah, at those two I'd probably only utilize them if hopping. I'd be more likely to spend 10 bucks at Frozen and do the rest standby. But we'll see how this all plays out. They may find that without letting people pick whatever ride is available at the time, it flops.
I think they should let you pick return time like FP+ was.............stagger the release of them if you have to but to limit me to have to take next available was the worst part of paper FP other than the running

Minnesota disney fan

It' not just Disney outsourcing their IT my nephew worked for Fedex in their IT dept he was pretty high up in the dept. Fedex started outsourcing their IT to India and wanted him to teach the systems to people that would replace him. Not in so many words he told them to pound salt and lef. Been with Fedex 15 years

Why does that not surprise me? It seems employees are not valued anymore. I hate it when I call customer services of any store (mostly the bigger companies) and it's answered by a foreigner. In itself there is nothing wrong with that, IF they can at least speak English as a first language> It's frustrating. I just thought it was a rotten thing to do to the excellent IT employees by a company like disney. It seemed like a rotten big company move! We could sure use them back again, especially with the newest tech of genie.,

Castle Cake Apologist

Why are we not discussing this?? All is forgiven if this is true. I will stand there all day and take Castle Cake selfies like it's 1996 and I'm still 9 years old and not yet the terrible Disney cynic I've become. And Chapek can have all my money for the privilege. I submit.

Waters Back Side

I think they should let you pick return time like FP+ was.............stagger the release of them if you have to but to limit me to have to take next available was the worst part of paper FP other than the running

This would definitely be better and could pose problems by always picking the next available. I do not think the Genie + rides will sell out quick. Especially when between 7 and 9 am the resort guests are also booking IAS rides, as well as I do think they will stagger the availability. But one thing that could very well happen is you might have to do them in an order you did not want.

For example if buy Slinky and choose 2pm since I can pick the time for it, and then wait until 930 or so and try to get MMRR with my first Genie + with the hopes of getting it at 11am or 12 so that I can head over to Toy Story Land and hang out there, I might get stuck with booking MMRR for a later time. So I would have to go back and forth. And if I want TOT I might have to get a time that is not in line with where I want to be in the park. But ultimately I do think I'll be able to use Genie + to get any ride offered with it. If this is not the case, and rides book quick for the day then quickly people will realize Genie + has no value.

Last edited:

MickeyLuv'r

No re-rides adds an interesting variable into touring with G+. The best move could be to wait before booking the next LL so it'd be during a more advantageous time slot. Park hopping's value is also increased where it might be better (for maximization of G+) to start in one park, run out of LL entitlements, then hop to another to finish out the day. At the same time, Epcot and MK might run out of LL passes in the afternoon as people hop over to them from AK and HS. Thus there's probably going to be an optimal hoping strategy if the goal is to ride, ride, ride.
oh, there will most certainly be hoping involved with Genie+.

Was this perhaps a Freudian slip typo?

homerdance

No. It's a labor shortage. That's why there's no parades and some restaurants and hotels aren't open.
I mean if Disney really was trying to get and keep employees seems like they would be a bit more employee focused/friendly.

But Disney does yet another greedy move, in the seemingly never ending

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom