Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

matt9112

I don't think think it's WDW demand death, I think it's tourism demand death, courtesy of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

JetBlue is advertising flights from Providence to Orlando for $64. That's insane.

Man i need to fly up and visit again at that rate. Thats frontier pricing.

ToTBellHop

Is Ratatouille really considered a flop already?

I don't think it's a flop in the sense of "pretty good attraction added to World Showcase."

I do think it's a flop in the sense of "flagship attraction that requires a Virtual Queue and will drive IAS sales."
Exactly. As a ride in the same “land” as FEA and Gran Fiesta, it’s great.

Absolutely no need for the VQ. Just open ‘er up!

If they want $24, they better get Guardians open.

G00fyDad

Nobody is going to buy IAS for the current slate of rides except Rise and MAYBE Flight of Passage. Ratatouille was a flop and that was the only other candidate until Tron and Guardians.
I am planning on buying:
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios - Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
  • Magic Kingdom - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • EPCOT - Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom - Avatar Flight of Passage
I guess I am Nobody. :)

dreday3

I don't think it's a flop in the sense of "pretty good attraction added to World Showcase."

I do think it's a flop in the sense of "flagship attraction that requires a Virtual Queue and will drive IAS sales."

I read yesterday that 1 pm boarding groups were available until after 5, but I think the 7 am ones go pretty fast?

Maybe people showing up after 5/the dinner crowd would want to buy a pass?

macefamily

So what's the deal with Genie, can someone explain ? So there's no more 3 initial Fast Passes ? Also, how many "Lightning Line" passes can you purchase and how much are they ? Thanks.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
So what's the deal with Genie, can someone explain ? So there's no more 3 initial Fast Passes ? Also, how many "Lightning Line" passes can you purchase and how much are they ? Thanks.
There's no such thing as "Lightning Lane passes." "Lightning Lane" is just what they call the FastPass line now.

Genie+ costs $15 per person per day and includes Lightning Lane access at most of the rides in each park, except for the top two rides, which Disney sells separately. Genie+ enables you to book the next available Lightning Lane time slot at participating attractions similar to the way the old paper FastPasses worked, except it's on your phone now.

For the two attractions per park that aren't on Genie+, you can pay for Lightning Lane access a la carte. Pricing has not been announced, but it will fluctuate depending on the attraction and time of year. Pricing is not expected to fluctuate within a given day. These are called "Individual Attraction Selections."

macefamily

There's no such thing as "Lightning Lane passes." "Lightning Lane" is just what they call the FastPass line now.

Genie+ costs $15 per person per day and includes Lightning Lane access at most of the rides in each park, except for the top two rides, which Disney sells separately. Genie+ enables you to book the next available Lightning Lane time slot at participating attractions similar to the way the old paper FastPasses worked, except it's on your phone now.

For the two attractions per park that aren't on Genie+, you can pay for Lightning Lane access a la carte. Pricing has not been announced, but it will fluctuate depending on the attraction and time of year. Pricing is not expected to fluctuate within a given day. These are called "Individual Attraction Selections."

Thank you for the explanation.

Waters Back Side

Why would you *pay money* to skip the line at a ride where you can skip the line for free?

This depends on your tolerance of waiting and time/planning. I can totally see why someone might pay. Even if they would prefer not to.

Remy is not a guarantee for the VQ. Its a lottery like Rise and when its busy, the 2nd chance might not happen either. It is easier now but lets see Thanksgiving and the holidays...

Ill be buying Slinky, Rise, and FOP with the hopes I can get Remy free. If not ill want to buy it and avoid the long wait between Christmas and New Year. So I will be buying 4 also. No plans for Space or SDMT in MK. One is not worth it to me and the other i've been on a zillion times.

dreday3

Gosh, I was looking at the TP app just now - does no one go on Soarin anymore? It's 5 minute wait!!! And it was pretty low yesterday too.

All lines at all parks outside of ROTR and FoP are under 60 minutes at the moment.

If it stays like this, I'm not buying any IAS unless I can't control myself and want to ride Rat our arrival night! :D
But I would purchase Genie + for a day at MK and DHS, just to be able to schedule some rides ahead of time. Save some line time.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Gosh, I was looking at the TP app just now - does no one go on Soarin anymore? It's 5 minute wait!!! And it was pretty low yesterday too.

All lines at all parks outside of ROTR and FoP are under 60 minutes at the moment.

If it stays like this, I'm not buying any IAS unless I can't control myself and want to ride Rat our arrival night! :D
Jungle Cruise is at 65, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom