Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Splash4eva

But you used very general phrasing about how businesses should "stand up" to their customers and operate how they see fit. So are you really just saying that Disney should stand up to its customers when it suits your preferences? Either way, Disney clearly thinks this is the better choice, so they ARE operating as they see fit - because "as they see fit" = finding g ways to get customers to keep paying for things and filling resort rooms.
Do they really think this is a “better choice” or as i said just putting more lipstick on the pig?!? I think we can all agree they need to add capacity. No matter what system they role out next and call it. In regards to “my preference” comment they removed DME i never used it once felt it was one of their worst decisions removing that…. Just like i did with FP/FP+ & Genie+ ill do some research and find the best way to utilize the system. Its worked so far and see no reason it should not in the future and those who follow suit will get great use out of it and the ones who dont will be once again complaining and criticizing the systems as they have had in the past systems

Purduevian

I’ve been periodically keeping an eye out too. Refresh is IME more plentiful than it was with Genie (balanced out by the way Genie held availability longer through the day), and drops are similar. I think it will be possible to have a similar experience as Genie for the user focused on quantity.
4ish pm check because work is slow right now

RideNormal return timeBest return time within the 5 refreshes
Big Thunder*8:40pm7:45pm
Buzz6:55pm5:50pm
HM9:20pm7:35
Jungle CruiseSold out
PoohSold out
Pirates
7:30pm
5:55pm
SMSold out7:20pm
TianaSold out
FrozenSold out
MSSold out4:40pm
RemySold out
MMRRSold out8:25pm
MFSR6:20pm5:45pm
RnRCSold out
SDDSold out
TSMM*6:40pm4:50pm
ToT*4:35pm
EE2:20pm
Kalisold out
NaviSold out
*2 hours ago 5 refreshes showed 0 or almost 0 available... now they all are always available, must have been a big drop

C33Mom

Multiple reports and YouTube videos have pointed out that “sold out” is not necessarily a final state at any given time of the day.

Playing the slots/refresh game has so far worked to get LLs for some rides that were showing as no longer available.
Yep, I appreciate Purduevian’s spot checks (and understand that people don’t want to be on their phones all day refreshing!) but it doesn’t look quite as dire as I originally thought this AM, based on one random check (no refresh) at 4:15pm, in my case.

Jungle CruiseSold out
PoohSold out
Pirates
TianaSold out
FrozenSold out
RemySold out
RnRCSold out
SDDSold out
Kalisold out
NaviSold out
*2 hours ago 5 refreshes showed 0 or almost 0 available... now they all are always available, must have been a big drop
This is basically what I saw but also ToT was also available this evening and Kali is also back at 4:25.

Honestly will be way more likely to buy if there is a significant drop of T1s at/after 3PM, which makes the product far more appealing for those of us who can’t make it to their first LL before noon (for various reasons).

JIMMYEDDIE

Jungle CruiseSold out
PoohSold out
Pirates
TianaSold out
FrozenSold out
RemySold out
RnRCSold out
SDDSold out
Kalisold out
NaviSold out
Almost none of these were sold out w genie. Why does everyone support something that is vastly inferior? I just don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MickeyLuv'r

Genie kinda did that for you tho when you think about it
Mostly we were okay with G+, but the early days of G+ were a mess. Before the modify feature was added, G+ was terrible, and a significant downgrade from FP+.

Having used it on both slow days and on busy days, G+ on a slow day was vastly different from how G+ worked on busy days.

but then, on slow days, we can do just as many rides if we don't buy G+ at all. It just takes a little park touring strategy.

I was there the FIRST day WDW charged $35 for G+. I hope EVERYONE agrees that was a sucky thing to spring on parkgoers at 6:45am in the morning, when the previous highest price had been $29, I think.

One thing I like about the new option is that at least you know in advance what it will cost. Too late for most people to cancel, but still a few days in advance.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yep, I appreciate Purduevian’s spot checks (and understand that people don’t want to be on their phones all day refreshing!) but it doesn’t look quite as dire as I originally thought this AM, based on one random check (no refresh) at 4:15pm, in my case.

This is basically what I saw but also ToT was also available this evening and Kali is also back at 4:25.

Honestly will be way more likely to buy if there is a significant drop of T1s at/after 3PM, which makes the product far more appealing for those of us who can’t make it to their first LL before noon (for various reasons).
Yeah, early indications are that it won’t be much different for power users who have a good feel for the drop times. Even if rides “sell out“ in pre-booking more reservations will drop just like Genie+. Still too soon to judge fully since they are still adjusting the system, but if they are holding back capacity for operational reasons as a cushion the availability should eventually get better. The only thing that could potentially hurt this system is its early positive reviews. The more people who buy the less capacity available so could be a victim of its own success.

C33Mom

Yeah, early indications are that it won’t be much different for power users who have a good feel for the drop times. Even if rides “sell out“ in pre-booking more reservations will drop just like Genie+. Still too soon to judge fully since they are still adjusting the system, but if they are holding back capacity for operational reasons as a cushion the availability should eventually get better. The only thing that could potentially hurt this system is its early positive reviews. The more people who buy the less capacity available so could be a victim of its own success.
One thing that shocks me as I keep checking back is how short the waits are for most rides right now. FEA at 35, Remy at 30, Soarin at 5 right now… I’ve waited substantially longer than that IN lightening lanes for all of those rides (maybe not quite 30 for FEA). Over at DHS, Tower of Terror is 13(?) minutes, TSMM is 20 and most other rides are closed.

ConfettiCupcake

One thing that shocks me as I keep checking back is how short the waits are for most rides right now. FEA at 35, Remy at 30, Soarin at 5 right now… I’ve waited substantially longer than that IN lightening lanes for all of those rides (maybe not quite 30 for FEA). Over at DHS, Tower of Terror is 13(?) minutes, TSMM is 20 and most other rides are closed.

I agree. I have to wonder if it’s really that much quieter than even a couple weeks ago, or if part of the reason for sparse availability throughout the day is even less capacity being dedicated to the LLs. Reports of the LLs themselves being very quiet seem to back that as well.

On the other hand, there’s tons of attractions down right now looks like it must be weather. Maybe rain is playing a role tonight.

C33Mom

I agree. I have to wonder if it’s really that much quieter than even a couple weeks ago, or if part of the reason for sparse availability throughout the day is even less capacity being dedicated to the LLs. Reports of the LLs themselves being very quiet seem to back that as well.

On the other hand, there’s tons of attractions down right now looks like it must be weather. Maybe rain is playing a role tonight.
Agree that weather is a factor—but I would still expect the limited (entirely indoor line) rides remaining open would have much longer waits.

Purduevian

Almost none of these were sold out w genie. Why does everyone support something that is vastly inferior? I just don't get it.
Again you are not comparing apples to apples here. LLMP availability at 4pm is for people who already have 2 better LLs booked between 4pm and park close, this is picking up a 3rd one.

vs

G+ at 4pm people were either picking up their only LL between 4pm and park close, or had not used any LLs in the morning in order to stack

Stacking is dead btw and something tells me that's by design.

DisneyDreamer08

That's exactly what I'd like to see. My trip is coming up in November. Please post updates if you would.
I definitely will post my experience. I *think* we are only going to purchase multi pass for MK and DHS. I’m still on the fence for the single pass options. We will only be a party of 2 for this trip so it will be a little easier to just the cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom