Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

C33Mom

If you have one that goes unused will it just remain in your inventory even though it’s expired? I guess it doesn’t matter most of the time since you could just modify it and book a new one that’s not expired. I was wondering if it would be a back door way to get the tiers to drop if you were not in the park yet by letting one expire.
Several bloggers (and some randos!) have reported the tier 1s don’t unlock until you scan in, even after a first return expires. If that changes, the system would work much better for late risers/arrivers— basically sacrificing a FP for the ability to unlock better ones from outside the park— I haven’t paid attention as to whether you can’t book a 3rd one at all or if it just has to be a tier 2. Frankly, I don’t fault Disney from wanting discourage us from burning FPs for ITTBAB that some (less informed) guests would actually be thrilled to get at 8:30AM.

Purduevian

Welp 8/2 and another slow day at work... Challenge mode today playing in MK and DHS. I will just be editing this post as the day goes on

8:30am 5 refresh yields the following "prebooks"
ParkMagic KingdomHollywood Studios
Current "Booked" LLs [booked time]
  • 2:10pm Pirates [1:00pm]
  • 3:50pm BTMRR [10:40am]
  • 6:00pm Buzz [1:45pm]
  • ?? Everything else is either available right now of SDD (which hasn't come up)
  • 1:50pm RnRC [9:35am]
  • 2:50pm Alien [11:45am]
"Used" LLs, (Time it was used)|Standby wait when used [time it was booked]
  • Pooh (10:20am)| 20 mins [Booked at 8:30am]
  • SM (10:40am)| 60 mins[Booked at 10:20am]
  • JC (1:00pm) | 25 mins [booked at 8:30am]
  • HM (1:45pm)| 13 mins [booked at 10:40am]
  • MMRR (9:35am)| 50 mins [Booked at 8:30am]
  • TOT (10:20am)| 30 mins [Booked at 8:30am]
  • TSMM (11:45)| 45 mins [Booked at 9:35am]
  • MFSR (11:55am) | 40 mins [Booked at 10:20am]
Total posted standby time105pm165
I'm going to stop now because everything else in MK is under 10 mins

Last edited:

Purduevian

So "playing" the game the last 2 days gave me a flow chart in my head.
Tier 1: Tiana. SDD
Tier 2: JC, BTMRR, SM, HM. ToT, TSMM, RNRC
Tier 3:Buzz, Pooh, Pirates. MMRR, MFSR
Tier 4: Barnstomer, dumbo, small world, speed way, Mermaid. Alien

When booking a new LL:

1. Is there a tier 1 attraction that is available to you? If yes book it
2. Is there a tier 2 attraction that is available to you in the next 2.5 hours? If yes, book it.
3. Do you have anything booked for the next 90 mins? If yes, move to 4.I f no, select the best ride available in the next 90 mins
4. Are any tier 2 available in the next 5 hours? If so book it. If no, move to 5.
5. Are any tier 3 available in the next 3 hours? If so book it. If no, move to 6.
6. Book the best ride available regardless of time.

Last edited:

Fido Chuckwagon

In my opinion its all about MONEY.

Disney doesn't care about the guest experience, they will tweak the system such that they can get the most people to purchase it.

My hope a side effect of the changes they they may improve the guest experience, but we must realize, the guest experience is NOT the priority for Disney.

The priority for Disney is MONEY when it comes to their them parks.
TWDC, a publicly traded company caring about profits, and WDW caring about the guest experience are not mutually exclusive. Some of the changes they've made recently leading up to this were absolutely about the guest experience.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The priority is MONEY and if the side effect happens to be a better guest experience, we win too.
In this case I think the better guest experience results in more money. LL is a paid upgrade. The more guests who like it the more who buy it and the more profits made. If it’s less popular they make less money. So while I agree that the priority is making more money I think in this case that is directly linked to guest experience.

That’s not always the case. For example adding an additional show or more meet and greets may enhance guest experience but wouldn‘t move the needle on profits.

Disstevefan1

In this case I think the better guest experience results in more money. LL is a paid upgrade. The more guests who like it the more who buy it and the more profits made. If it’s less popular they make less money. So while I agree that the priority is making more money I think in this case that is directly linked to guest experience.
Well, I sincerely think most guests think they MUST get LL to best use of their time in the park. LL is what LL is, and we use it because we must in my opinion.
That’s not always the case. For example adding an additional show or more meet and greets may enhance guest experience but wouldn‘t move the needle on profits.
I have no specific numbers to back this up, but at this point because of previous cuts they made, any addition of shows or meet and greets today is working toward getting BACK to what we had pre pandemic, no additional ones.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well, I sincerely think most guests think they MUST get LL to best use of their time in the park. LL is what LL is, and we use it because we must in my opinion.
Based on Disney’s own reports only about 1/3 of visitors were using Genie+ so there is quite a bit of room for growth in sales and those sales are pure profit. There’s no extra cost if they sell 1 more unit.

Disstevefan1

Based on Disney’s own reports only about 1/3 of visitors were using Genie+ so there is quite a bit of room for growth in sales and those sales are pure profit. There’s no extra cost if they sell 1 more unit.
I gotta dig around for Iger quotes but I really thought it was WAY MORE that 1/3!!!

I thought there was a Iger quote about how hugely successful Genie plus was???

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So increased to 50% during the peak holiday period which makes sense. That was still 2022 so could have been even higher by 2024 but the point is there was still a large number of people to sell to. This new system was rolled out in the hopes that sales would go even higher. They took away the biggest complaint they had with Genie+ related to 7am booking and no way to plan ahead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom