Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JIMMYEDDIE

I am definitely one of them, especially can mined with the 7am booking, it just made for stressful mornings. Not just having to do it at 7am but not knowing what you would be able to get and what time it would be for. And then then at times you would get whammies by clicking on it when it says one time, but by the time confirmed it was a lot latter

I was able to make G+ work really efficiently for us but was much more stressful and took up more brain energy than a FP+ type system - so hoping for similar with this system
you could have had both....no 7am AND a much more efficient genie.....why do people not understand this?

Jrb1979

If everybody used all the tips and tricks to the fullest you no longer would have been able to get the results you did.

I don’t know why it’s so hard to understand a finite capacity where demand outpaces supply. There is no best system from the perspective of all guests because of this. Somebody has to give up LLs for somebody else to get them. They quite literally only work the way they do for power users because a contingent of users could not or would not use the system like a power user.
Agreed. Cause the majority of guests are happy with 3 LLs a day as the majority don't go to Disney to ride attractions all day. This system works the best for the majority of guests.

IMO power users are the minority of users. Most don't go to the parks at rope drop and stay til close.

ConfettiCupcake

what about all the people that go to buy it and see sold out and have no clue about drops (prob 90% of the users buying it)? they will never buy it

They’ll miss out like they did with Genie+. Rides with drops like Tiana, Slinky, and Remy were absolutely not available easily with Genie either. I’m not buying into the revisionist history of Genie+. No line skip system has been kind to the guest who has not learned how to manipulate it.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Give you one thing that’s better? I’ll give you a few:
- prebooking
- easier to plan your park day/route
- know times for 3 attractions ahead of time instead of zig zagging all over the parks
- being able to book another as soon as you use 1

Now with all that being said, there are pros and cons to all the systems they have tried and the end result is nothing will be perfect because there isn’t enough attractions and many do their park days differently

I do wish they had just allowed resort guests to book 1 LL and ILL in advance for each of their park days and left the rest as it was but oh well

Jrb1979

By design for 20 years…and they have a monetary stake in putting pressure points there.

I’m just wondering if the long nap is over yet?
It's why I don't get why they went back to this system. It didn't work the first time. They must really be panicking trying to fill rooms. I doubt this is going to do much either.
When free dining doesn't move the needle you know there is issues.

Saskdw

It's why I don't get why they went back to this system. It didn't work the first time. They must really be panicking trying to fill rooms. I doubt this is going to do much either.
Free dining isn't moving the needle because they are trying to pass off the QS chicken finger dining plan as free dining.
They need to offer full free dining at Mod resorts like they used to.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The Walt Disney company is desperate for revenue

Not Orlando…not a certain park…the whole outfit.

Why do people think their stock falls as practically every other one on earth rises? There’s a huge problem in entertainment.

That’s what all this is…financial panic being handled $1 at a time

Jrb1979

everything you said....BUT: that same family could ride whatever they wanted vs what they had to take

thats genie vs this crap
On-site guests having a 7 day headstart will likely get just about anything they want when they want.

7am, SDD......
10AM, TOT
noon, MMRR

vs now: RNR for 5pm return, and TSMM
It hasn't been a week yet so a lot of this is still day of for most guests. That's just looking at whats available today. From most reports there is lots of availability 7 days out.

LSLS

what one would you pick?

1) 3 crappy rides

2) as many tier 1 rides as i would want?
I'm curious, why do you think they changed to this system? If Genie worked for most guests, and was great, why did they make this change? Honestly as someone who knows people in Guest Relations at the parks, I've got a pretty good guess, but I'm curious your thoughts.

Jrb1979

The Walt Disney company is desperate for revenue

Not Orlando…not a certain park…the whole outfit.

Why do people think their stock falls as practically every other one on earth rises? There’s a huge problem in entertainment.

That’s what all this is…financial panic being handled $1 at a time
It looks good on them. This keeps going and the stock keeps falling I can see the day a takeover happens and Disney gets sold off in pieces.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom