Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

dmc493

I didn't think it was possible, but they've made it even more complicated. 🙄
Idk I don't mind how the screenshots are looking. Seems logical, and will give people a better guarantee of what they're paying for upfront... anything to make the day-of experience is a winner for me

GoofGoof

Premium Member
i do not think people will find any value in the new Genie+ or whatever it is now being called......You can buy 2 ILL's and get a VQ for the top rides....why would you then buy Genie+ on top of that for 1 more Tier 1 ride? doenst make sense to me but what do I know
How is that any different than the old Genie+? You always had to use VQ and ILL’s for the top rides. Depending on who you believe somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of guests were buying old Genie+. I doubt the percent goes down for MLL.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
so what if you cant make it after purchasing those things for a certain date...they have to have some kind of refund/cancelation policy in place...or no?
Good question. I assume there will be some way to change the dates similar to the date specific park tickets. Then you just pay the difference if the price is higher for the date you change to.

Ayla

Idk I don't mind how the screenshots are looking. Seems logical, and will give people a better guarantee of what they're paying for upfront... anything to make the day-of experience is a winner for me
I'm a long time visitor who's been visiting since before all this nonsense started. It is unbelievably complicated trying to explain it to a first time visitor. I don't bother, anymore and tell them to spend their money somewhere else.

ConfettiCupcake

I'm a long time visitor who's been visiting since before all this nonsense started. It is unbelievably complicated trying to explain it to a first time visitor. I don't bother, anymore and tell them to spend their money somewhere else.

I find first time or first-in-a-long-time guests who are motivated and excited to learn the strategy are fine. I think most of our society is tech savvy enough to figure out the system when motivated. That’s just been my experience with people I know and their approach to a Disney trip. That’s the key though. They’ve got to be motivated. It’s a huge turn off for people who are already kinda hesitant but are taking that trip to Disney either for someone they’re traveling with or to check it off a to do list of sorts.

Disney’s line skip programs are technically cheaper than other parks (I’m not sure if they actually are if you break it down per attractions visited but I digress), but with that comes a level of planning and strategizing that the others don’t have. That was fine when it was included, as FP- and +. I think the pre-planning in particular now that it is no longer free may cause even more stress for the reluctant/hesitant guests. It’ll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow and moving forward.

dmc493

Ok sure, thought we were comparing to the most recent iteration of this service. But at this point we've had the complicated systems for over 10 years now, so I'm just highlighting what I look forward to in this iteration compared to what's currently available.

Ayla

I find first time or first-in-a-long-time guests who are motivated and excited to learn the strategy are fine. I think most of our society is tech savvy enough to figure out the system when motivated. That’s just been my experience with people I know and their approach to a Disney trip. That’s the key though. They’ve got to be motivated. It’s a huge turn off for people who are already kinda hesitant but are taking that trip to Disney either for someone they’re traveling with or to check it off a to do list of sorts.

Disney’s line skip programs are technically cheaper than other parks (I’m not sure if they actually are if you break it down per attractions visited but I digress), but with that comes a level of planning and strategizing that the others don’t have. That was fine when it was included, as FP- and +. I think the pre-planning in particular now that it is no longer free may cause even more stress for the reluctant/hesitant guests. It’ll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow and moving forward.
My last 2 visits were in 2021 (when it was stand by ONLY) and May 2022 right after Genie+ started and I refused to buy it on principle. We still had a great trip. I was an avid super user of Fastpass+ and loved it.

The changes and different versions since then are ridiculously complicated.

C33Mom

My 8-year-old daughter understood Genie+ after watching a couple of YouTube videos.

Keeping up with the changes is annoying, though.
It’s especially annoying if you’re the crash test dummy visitors they are foisting the changes on (with fairly short notice)— thankfully we are not until August, but even still not a lot of time to get our arms around the new system — wishing pixie dust and limited IT catastrophes for everyone visiting between now and early August— don’t forget to update the app tonight!

bwr827

It’s especially annoying if you’re the crash test dummy visitors they are foisting the changes on (with fairly short notice)— thankfully we are not until August, but even still not a lot of time to get our arms around the new system — wishing pixie dust and limited IT catastrophes for everyone visiting between now and early August— don’t forget to update the app tonight!
True! I have a December trip - plenty of time to watch and learn.

ConfettiCupcake

Historically the new systems tend to get modifications down the line to make them less annoying and more user friendly. FP+ started out as a hard limit of 3 (and required the machines to change anything in park), and Genie+ did not have the ability to modify for quite some time relative to the short life of the system.

Definitely annoying to be a test dummy with a change! I think it’s usually the worst time to use it.

TheMaxRebo

See in the app the tip board is set up for LLMP

Interestingly it shows LLMP for character meets (assuming just a place holder)
Screenshot_20240723-233023.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom