Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

easyrowrdw

One way to look at this is instead of increasing ticket prices by $12 a ticket for everyone and making the service free like FP+ they instead raised prices $25-$30 per ticket for the 1/3 using the system and $0 for those not using. Guests have a choice now.

Before anyone says it, I acknowledge that they also raised regular ticket prices each year as well. I also acknowledge that paper FP and later FP+ were both free services. The point is Disney is going to get paid either way. Better to allow you to pick and choose vs a blanket increase in tickets. On a 7 day trip you can even pick and choose by day.
I would’ve thought that “stealth” price increases would’ve worked better. G+ seems to have turned off a lot of people from both groups. Some that use it are frustrated by paying for a formerly free product. Some that don’t are mad that Disney removed a free service.

nickys

Premium Member
Is that true? I know at one point you couldn’t book G+ for anything other than your first park until return times stretched past 2pm, but then I switched to an evening stacking strategy and haven’t paid attention. I hope you are right— we want to do the GOTG VQ in the AM but I don’t see much appeal in FEA or Remy and I refuse to accept that Soarin belongs in Tier 1 at all.
That 2pm restriction was only in force until they removed the park hopping restriction. You can tap in and go straight to your next park if you want to.

You can buy G+ for a single park that you plan to hop to and then stack as you say. Admittedly I don’t have an AP but I know lots of people who do and haven’t been restricted like that.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I would’ve thought that “stealth” price increases would’ve worked better. G+ seems to have turned off a lot of people from both groups. Some that use it are frustrated by paying for a formerly free product. Some that don’t are mad that Disney removed a free service.
Most people are going to be upset at a price increase. Nobody wants to pay more for the same product or service. That hasn’t stopped Disney and just about every other company from jacking up prices.

The idea of paying for something that was once free or included with admission is definitely harder to take for most consumers. That’s part of why Disney changed the name. Just like Disneyland had maxpass instead of calling it paid fast pass. That will fade over time as new consumers come along and old regulars get adjusted to the new norm. Lightning Lane is now just another upsell for Disney like after hours parties, fireworks viewing packages and other optional additions. Your basic park admission is becoming more like basic economy airline tickets where you get in and have access to the primary good or service (a seat on the plane or in this case access to the parks) but many upsells exist to enhance your experience if you are willing to pay the price. For airlines it’s meals and drinks on the flight, premium seats near the front with more leg room or an earlier boarding group that guarantees room for your carry on in the overhead bin. For WDW it’s front of the line access to some rides, reserved areas for shows or special ticket events that limit how many people attend.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Thrill Data has shared what the MDX app's API currently shows for upcoming Lightning Lane Multi Pass pricing (with the caveat this could change before the new system goes live on July 24).

image.png.172150f531de93443157cd89bf5ced99.png

Here's a link the article:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thrill Data has shared what the MDX app's API currently shows for upcoming Lightning Lane Multi Pass pricing (with the caveat this could change before the new system goes live on July 24).

View attachment 802690

I'm not expecting much of a price change policy change from current Genie+

Purduevian

View attachment 802690

What's interesting to me is that it looks like they removed the park hopper option... which means all of these basically turn into park hoppers.

I think this makes it less likely that all the prebook rules "unlock" at a certain time. Otherwise, someone could pay for the AK LLMP then at midnight or 7am or whatever try to book 3 MK tier 1s.

easyrowrdw

What's interesting to me is that it looks like they removed the park hopper option... which means all of these basically turn into park hoppers.

I think this makes it less likely that all the prebook rules "unlock" at a certain time. Otherwise, someone could pay for the AK LLMP then at midnight or 7am or whatever try to book 3 MK tier 1s.
If that's the case, this makes Epcot and AK more appealing booking options now.

Purduevian

If that's the case, this makes Epcot and AK more appealing booking options now.
1721660031139.png

What we still don't know if any of the rules on the prebooks ever "unlock" or if you have to use 1 tier 1 and 2 tier 2s in the same park (or just 3 LLs in AK).

There are a few schools of thought on this:
1) Restricts on the first LL on each "track" remain in place until used or expired
2) Restrictions on all LLs "unlock" at a certain time (midnight, 7am, or park open)
3) Restrictions on all the tracks "unlock" once any LL is used.

I think #2 just became unlikely due to the different price in each park and #1 is probably the most likely.

If it is #1, I think it will be common to book 1 "burner" LL at EPCOT(Figment/Pixar) and AK(ITTBAB) right at park open and either tap in or let it expire so you get an unlocked LL earlier.

Last edited:

lentesta

Premium Member

I'd emphasize that while the MDE code seems ready, there's likely back-end code and data not yet in place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom