Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Purduevian

Ah. I made a bad assumption. My fault. Sorry for the hype.
No worries! Are you/your team going to have boots on the ground next Wednesday. Any particular tests/questions you plan to test that first day? You are one of the few people on here that might be able to stress test the new system with multiple people on the first day that posts on this forum.

lentesta

Premium Member
No worries! Are you/your team going to have boots on the ground next Wednesday. Any particular tests/questions you plan to test that first day? You are one of the few people on here that might be able to stress test the new system with multiple people on the first day that posts on this forum.

Oh, yeah. Touring plan software is being tested now on our staging environment. Forecasting models ready to update. I’ll be in the parks to see how it’s going. And maybe see what I smell like in that heat.

JAB

Oh, yeah. Touring plan software is being tested now on our staging environment. Forecasting models ready to update. I’ll be in the parks to see how it’s going. And maybe see what I smell like in that heat.
Don't forget to account for the people rope-dropping the Teacups. 😏

Purduevian

Don't forget to account for the people rope-dropping the Teacups. 😏
Don't waste your time on Teacups! COP is open during EE for a reason, you can't even get a LL for it later!

On a serious note... does anyone thing adding LL to COP would increase the attendance on that attractions? It might not be the worst plan to pull people from other attractions to it.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So they averaged roughly 13M units sold a year since the initial launch. According to TEA reports WDW had about 47M visitors to all 4 parks combined in 2022. I think the TEA numbers include some double counting when people park hop, but ignoring that we get a number of 28% of guests using Genie+. I thought it would be larger and thought I read somewhere that Disney said the number was closer to 50%. Interesting numbers either way. This also points out why the new MLL system could potentially be a lot different than FP+ when it comes to capacity. FP+ was free to everyone so a very small number of people didn’t use it. So far the paid genie system has been significantly less utilized.

lentesta

Premium Member
The money is also coming in and they are doing nothing with it.

I'm told that many WDI parks project proposals now include at least some estimate of LL revenue.

LL isn't going away, and forecasting rev gives a more full representation of the finances.

I'm naive enough to think that add'l revenue might get 50/50 projects approved instead of, you know, stock buybacks. That's me - hopeless optimist.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'm told that many WDI parks project proposals now include at least some estimate of LL revenue.

LL isn't going away, and forecasting rev gives a more full representation of the finances.

I'm naive enough to think that add'l revenue might get 50/50 projects approved instead of, you know, stock buybacks. That's me - hopeless optimist.
I agree. One would hope they use that money from attractions to put back into the attraction or other attractions. They are definitely making bank from LLs

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
sadly for a number of years it went to subsidizing niche D+ streaming projects, many of which have since been written off as losses given their poor viewership.
Yeah that’s the problem I have. Park reinvestment. They have no problem raising prices or charging for things that used to be included, but they haven’t used it all to feed back into the parks that we’ve seen anyways.

Also if they are making this much off of attractions (LLs), why does it seem like we see more ride downtime than in the past? Shouldn’t they use that for improved maintenance

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom