Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

James J

In the Parks
No
$84/adult pre-fixe menu is not exactly a children's restaurant. The staffing and interiors are above the norm. It is designed to be more formal than your average restaurant at MK. Children can of course go, but it's a fancier meal for them to meet princesses.

The last time we ate at CRT we had gone home first, changed into nighttime dinner attire and returned to MK.

I work in Manhattan so none of the dining options on property are really that amazing, but we and many others elevate certain restaurants. Makes for a better date night with the wife.

Tell that to all of the guests who get engaged at CRT (not me, but I have seen it many times). It has a special ambiance, maturity and elegance that is above most of the other dining options in the park.

Hasn't happened yet for dinner. Maybe breakfast/lunch.

The parks were made for adults too. There are certain areas designed to be more mature than others.

Those are certainly great examples of more formal dining options. I would add Jaleo at Disney Springs to that.
I thought your first post might have been sarcasm, but now I see that you are indeed choosing this very weird hill to die on. CRT is not a formal, adult leaning restaurant. The CRT page on the WDW website literally says that it encourages young diners to dress up:

Cinderella makes your acquaintance in the majestic Grand Hall before you ascend a spiral staircase to the banquet room above. (A gilded elevator is also available to transport you to the festivities.)

Then, dine in a storybook setting surrounded by soaring stone archways, majestic medieval flags and spectacular stained-glass windows overlooking Fantasyland. During your time inside the castle, enjoy a visit with Disney Princesses.

Tiaras and glittering gowns are optional, although young Guests are encouraged to dress up for the occasion.

Character appearances are subject to change

So that's kids in costumes, not adults in formal suits and fancy dresses. Lord.

JD80

It’s possible but I think the tier 1 limitation is designed to address this. If you can only book 1 tier 1 then they should not all be sold out at +7. On busy days the more popular times and maybe more popular rides could be.

If what I said above is not true then not sure economically it would benefit Disney to hold some back If the supply is less than demand overall. The 60 slots released at +7 in your example would all sell out with some people shut out and then you would have resort guests unhappy and not buying in to the system. They would possibly get in line with non-resort guests at day +3 or day off to hope to get one of those 20 extra slots released and if they got shut out again they don’t buy. The point is Disney sells the same 80 units whether 60 go to resort guests and 20 go to anyone who gets in at a later time or they release all 80 to resort guests at day +7. I think the 7 days is intended to give resort guests the more favorable time slots and rides but they expect to have openings still +3 and day of.

All potentially true, I don't have data to break down and my numbers are kind of just random. The inventory for LLMP can be substantially larger now due to the DAS changes too which makes most of this conversation useless!

ToTBellHop

As a Disney Adult who is rarely noticed much less hated I leave character meals to people with kids. I'm a freak, I know.
Exactly. Pinocchio’s Village Haus is where I used to frequent before kids. They have tables against the glass obviously meant for adults who want to watch the small world boats before heading over to Dumbo.

Rob562

So today is +7 from go-live date of the new system. I may have missed it in the flurry of posts, but does that mean hotel guests can start booking for next week? Or is it just going to be a straight switch over next week and the first few days will be a jumble?

-Rob

nickys

Premium Member
Is that because of all the off-topic drama related to the really bad take that a restaurant that has princesses and hands out toy wands and swords to kids is "formal," or do you have some insider knowledge that more LL-MP information is incoming soon?
It could also be because Disney managed to send out emails to those with stays on 24th, telling them they could prebook starting today. 🤦🏽‍♀️
They’re now sending out corrected emails to everyone. Not a good look! 😎

nickys

Premium Member
So today is +7 from go-live date of the new system. I may have missed it in the flurry of posts, but does that mean hotel guests can start booking for next week? Or is it just going to be a straight switch over next week and the first few days will be a jumble?

-Rob
We posted at the same time!

No to pre-booking ahead of the 24th. That’s the date the new system starts and the pre-booking system goes live!

JAB

It could also be because Disney managed to send out emails to those with stays on 24th, telling them they could prebook starting today. 🤦🏽‍♀️
They’re now sending out corrected emails to everyone. Not a good look! 😎
Oof. Not good. :facepalm:

I'm guessing the scheduled emails are handled by a different team than the LL devs because this is exactly the kind of thing that happens when multiple different teams work on different parts of a system and they don't properly coordinate or communicate requirements.

nickys

Premium Member
Oof. Not good. :facepalm:

I'm guessing the scheduled emails are handled by a different team than the LL devs because this is exactly the kind of thing that happens when multiple different teams work on different parts of a system and they don't properly coordinate or communicate requirements.
Someone certainly screwed up the implementation. Thought they could get some of the “administrative” parts of the system live ahead of time without checking the scheduling requirements.

DCLcruiser

They probably don’t mind getting engaged around children.
It's not about kids being there in general. It's about how they control themselves. Kids who are mature enough to sit down for a nice meal and not have a tantrum, or run around, are more than welcome. Just like at other more formal sit-down restaurants.

Liken CRT to a themed tea-time. It's supposed to be sophisticated, yet whimsical. Not a loud free-for-all. A lot of the kids there went to BBB and are dressed up in rather expensive clothes. It's all part of the overall ambiance, which lends itself to an elevated experience.

JAB

Someone certainly screwed up the implementation. Thought they could get some of the “administrative” parts of the system live ahead of time without checking the scheduling requirements.
Exactly. They just scheduled "7 days before, for arrival dates starting 7/24" and either didn't consider or didn't know that LL-MP booking isn't active for anyone until the 24th. Either way it shouldn't have happened.

They should have done a one-time email blast on the 24th for everyone with dates from 24th-31st, and then turned on the auto 7-day emails on 8/1.

It will be interesting to see if it keeps sending out new emails each day for the next week (and again on 21st for 3-day off-site guests), or if they actually fix it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom