News 'Disney Dreams That Soar' Drone show coming to Walt Disney World this summer

UNCgolf

Good little show, although I agree with others that the Guardians segment doesn't work well. I don't think the Star Wars segment works especially well either, though -- the Death Star is cool, but it goes on too long.

They probably should have stuck with just using short segments from animated films.

Regardless, it's great to see them add stuff like this.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's a step in the right direction, but, when you look at top notch drone shows from around the world... this is lacking. Most of the images are in a flat plane. Slowly drifting and slowly morphing is just bad animation. And head shots? Very undeveloped.

I'll certainly go see it. But, it's going to be a one and done. Not something that draws me to DS, which is supposed to be its raison d'etre.

TTA94

It's a step in the right direction, but, when you look at top notch drone shows from around the world... this is lacking. Most of the images are in a flat plane. Slowly drifting and slowly morphing is just bad animation. And head shots? Very undeveloped.

I'll certainly go see it. But, it's going to be a one and done. Not something that draws me to DS, which is supposed to be its raison d'etre.

Fully agree with you.

UNCgolf

If this was just intended as a nice additional thing for guests, then it's a solid add.

If the goal was to draw people to DS, then yeah, this is a failure.

mattpeto

If this was just intended as a nice additional thing for guests, then it's a solid add.

I’m not sure I understand your point.

I’d stay away from Disney Springs like the plague over the summer with my AP, but I’m building a night around this show and grabbing dinner there too.

We skip DS on nearly every trip.

Touchdown

I’m going to be in town to go to pretty much every other park (Sea World, Discovery Cove, Aquatica, Volcano Bay, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure) and planed to go to DS one night to see Drawn to Life, thanks to this drone show I plan on going (and eating there as well as likely shopping) multiple nights (mainly arrival night, Discovery Cove night and Aquatica night.) So it worked for me.

ToTBellHop

I’d stay away from Disney Springs like the plague over the summer with my AP, but I’m building a night around this show and grabbing dinner there too.

I think that’s all they realistically want. Pull you away from the parks one night. I certainly wouldn’t travel to DS twice, but like you, we often just don’t make it to DS. They have really good restaurants for Disney but it’s often too much hassle for us to get there. This year, we will prioritize it.

The lack of boats afterward for the resorts over there kinda stinks, though. That’s a major perk over there. I’d be upset if we were at POFQ/POR or OKW.

UNCgolf

We're the opposite -- we go to DS most nights to eat dinner (even if it's late) because the food options there are so much better than in the parks.

Regardless, I was just agreeing with @MisterPenguin that this probably isn't going to be a draw for most guests because of the simplicity.

I think it makes sense for DS, though. I don't think they can really have some kind of majorly impressive show that attracts thousands of people there. They should save that for an Animal Kingdom drone show.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom