News 'Disney Dreams That Soar' Drone show coming to Walt Disney World this summer

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If you didn't know it, now-now you know....

1715993429233.png

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
Show is very good. Worth a trip to Disney Springs.

It's impressive to see how much more fluid is the drone movement since the last show in ... 2015?

My one take-away was that more drones would be even better.
Is there an expectation that this is just a more defined proof of concept for drones in the domestic parks, either to plus up existing entertainment or to make new shows? I know that was the idea 9 years ago, but since it has seen success in international parks, I would hope this would actually lead to something new.

ToTBellHop

Is there an expectation that this is just a more defined proof of concept for drones in the domestic parks, either to plus up existing entertainment or to make new shows? I know that was the idea 9 years ago, but since it has seen success in international parks, I would hope this would actually lead to something new.
Yes. If this does well (and I expect it will) we can expect more.

doctornick

It's perfect for AK. Can't have fireworks because of the animals. They haven't had a real show since Rivers of Light and they have seating around the Discovery River going currently unused. (I'm not counting the kite show).

I really would love to see a new show at DAK sooner rather than later - drones in the sky, floats with fountains and fire in the water - but I wonder if there would be a hesitance to extend hours to nighttime especially if/when Dinoland and ITTBAB go out of commission.

Last edited:

donsullivan

Premium Member
Sorry, I'm not following...
The show is staged toward the Disney Springs side of the lake and @wdwmagic video was shot from Saratoga Springs side of the lake. In that scenario, you see the entire show from the back vs front. If you look at Disney Springs in the background, you can see that Cirque and the balloon are opposite of how they would be positioned in an image from that side of the lake- Cirque should be to the far right. Any text that shows in the show would appear backward normally from that side of the lagoon since it's staged to the DS side. By flipping the video horizontally, the text shows as usual but everything else in the show looks fine.

There is nothing at all wrong with the approach. However, I noticed something didn't feel accurate, and it took a few viewings before I figured it out. Not a complaint at all, just a random, totally useless, and irrelevant observation.

jrhwdw

The show is staged toward the Disney Springs side of the lake and @wdwmagic video was shot from Saratoga Springs side of the lake. In that scenario, you see the entire show from the back vs front. If you look at Disney Springs in the background, you can see that Cirque and the balloon are opposite of how they would be positioned in an image from that side of the lake- Cirque should be to the far right. Any text that shows in the show would appear backward normally from that side of the lagoon since it's staged to the DS side. By flipping the video horizontally, the text shows as usual but everything looks fine.

There is nothing at all wrong with the approach. However, I noticed something didn't feel accurate, and it took a few viewings before I figured it out. Not a complaint at all, just a random, totally useless, and irrelevant observation.
Thanks! I figured the CM Preview was at DS this Morning......

Ayla

It's perfect for AK. Can't have fireworks because of the animals. They haven't had a real show since Rivers of Light and they have seating around the Discovery River going currently unused. (I'm not counting the kite show).
I agree, but do they have a space large enough for staging the drones?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom