News 'Disney Dreams That Soar' Drone show coming to Walt Disney World this summer

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The show is staged toward the Disney Springs side of the lake and @wdwmagic video was shot from Saratoga Springs side of the lake. In that scenario, you see the entire show from the back vs front. If you look at Disney Springs in the background, you can see that Cirque and the balloon are opposite of how they would be positioned in an image from that side of the lake- Cirque should be to the far right. Any text that shows in the show would appear backward normally from that side of the lagoon since it's staged to the DS side. By flipping the video horizontally, the text shows as usual but everything else in the show looks fine.

There is nothing at all wrong with the approach. However, I noticed something didn't feel accurate, and it took a few viewings before I figured it out. Not a complaint at all, just a random, totally useless, and irrelevant observation.
I kept flip flopping on whether to do it or not, but thought it was the way to go.

Brian

There's a number of 'pixels' in the show, at least as recorded this morning, which become out of sync or "stuck", leading to, for example, all white lights with one random drone flying around with a red light. It has the same effect of the Spaceship Earth points of light malfunctioning where even just one out of sync sticks out like a sore thumb.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I think it’s safe to say which individuals this show was made for, I really liked it and I haven’t melted to a show like this in a long time. Simple and good score what we’ve wanted all along. I sure hope it goes beyond the summer. Did anyone else get that Fantasy in the Sky vibe at the end?

Last edited:

TTA94

I think it’s a good show for DS. It’s not Wow and amazing or something I personally would make an effort to see more than once, but for an evening at DS it will be a nice addition to look up and see while walking around.

I look forward to what’s next with drones at WDW.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I think it’s a good show for DS. It’s not Wow and amazing or something I personally would make an effort to see more than once, but for an evening at DS it will be a nice added addition to look up and see while walking around.

I look forward to what’s next with drones at WDW.
I’ve found their current shows to be to modern and flat but the way they choreographed this just bought me right back to the old days.

Dr.GrantSeeker

This looks so good! Can't wait to see it in person. Not sure if it has been mentioned but where are these drones taking off from and landing/being stored? More or less just my curiosity.

Squishy

This looks so good! Can't wait to see it in person. Not sure if it has been mentioned but where are these drones taking off from and landing/being stored? More or less just my curiosity.
Somewhere here I believe
1716391571830.png

Disone

The show is great. It's clear that there wasn't a lot of cast members cause the crowd wasn't super loud, I'm sure it'll be packed on Friday though. Also here's another video on the Disney Springs side so you can hear the soundtrack:

Plenty of cast where present. Easily a couple thousand cast members. From the Starbucks to Jaleo It was three or four deep back from the railing. Drones just do not produce the same ohhhs and ahhhs as fireworks So it's a quieter show for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom