News 'Disney Dreams That Soar' Drone show coming to Walt Disney World this summer

stuart

The lack of boats afterward for the resorts over there kinda stinks, though. That’s a major perk over there. I’d be upset if we were at POFQ/POR or OKW.
Yeah, I have to agree on that. I get it being suspended during the show, but to stop them as early as they are is a bit annoying. But that's also partly personal, as there's nothing I like more than a boat up the road at sunset or when it's dark.

yensidtlaw1969

Just watched a video - part of me wishes a little more thought went into the content, so it felt a bit more like a cohesive show rather than just a bunch of stuff in the sky just because. But considering that it's a freebie for guests and will likely only open the door to more and even better drone use in the stateside parks I don't wanna complain too much.

I saw the drones at DLP in 2022, and they really do have a high degree of magic when used properly. I don't know if Dancing Starlord is that for me, but I would probably arrange my time at Disney Springs to make sure I could catch this. I definitely look forward to seeing this sort of tech be integrated in shows across the property.

ToTBellHop

Just watched a video - part of me wishes a little more thought went into the content, so it felt a bit more like a cohesive show rather than just a bunch of stuff in the sky just because. But considering that it's a freebie for guests and will likely only open the door to more and even better drone use in the stateside parks I don't wanna complain too much.

I saw the drones at DLP in 2022, and they really do have a high degree of magic when used properly. I don't know if Dancing Starlord is that for me, but I would probably arrange my time at Disney Springs to make sure I could catch this. I definitely look forward to seeing this sort of tech be integrated in shows across the property.
I think it could have added a bit of that missing je ne sais quoi that Luminous lacks.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I think the show is good, is it the most impressive and advanced use of drone technology ever? No, but it was never promised to be. I think it's a good extra show for people going to Disney Springs and will probably bring people there, which is it's goal. You also have to remember that most people seeing this show have probably never seen a drone show. Also as someone who has a drone show, (although none of the Disney ones) like fireworks they are much more impressive in person. Also I'm happy this doesn't take away from any of the current shows. Hopefully we a new show at DAK using drones in that amphitheater.

OvertheHorizon

I love this, and I found the Guardians portion interesting because of the use of "negative space" to show character movement. I saw the 2016 Christmas drone show in person and this is a nice step forward. I hope to see future shows at Disney Springs and for them to develop more drone shows for in the parks (especially Animal Kingdom).

ToTBellHop

I love this, and I found the Guardians portion interesting because of the use of "negative space" to show character movement. I saw the 2016 Christmas drone show in person and this is a nice step forward. I hope to see future shows at Disney Springs and for them to develop more drone shows for in the parks (especially Animal Kingdom).
Yes, the negative space technique is cool but I would have used the scene from Frozen with Anna and Hans.

mattpeto

We're the opposite -- we go to DS most nights to eat dinner (even if it's late) because the food options there are so much better than in the parks.

Regardless, I was just agreeing with @MisterPenguin that this probably isn't going to be a draw for most guests because of the simplicity.

I think it makes sense for DS, though. I don't think they can really have some kind of majorly impressive show that attracts thousands of people there. They should save that for an Animal Kingdom drone show.
I don’t miss nighttime spectaculars during my trips.

Late dinners at Disney Springs is not an option, because I’m not punting a nighttime show in the parks.

This summer there is a reason for me to be there.

DisneyDreamer08

I will be in Disney for a week in August with my 13 year old. We have a “rest day” mid week set aside for Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Springs. I wasn’t planning for it to be a late night, especially since every other night will be. But we will definitely be staying for this. It looks amazing, great free addition to DS. Sleep is for the weak anyway 😉🤣

ToTBellHop

I will be in Disney for a week in August with my 13 year old. We have a “rest day” mid week set aside for Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Springs. I wasn’t planning for it to be a late night, especially since every other night will be. But we will definitely be staying for this. It looks amazing, great free addition to DS. Sleep is for the weak anyway 😉🤣
Ah yes. Restful Typhoon Lagoon lol

We call that a “rest day” as well. Just chillin on the Humunga Kowabunga.

ToTBellHop

I’ve personally had some amazing naps on the lazy river.
1716474601663.jpeg

PREMiERdrum

I’ve personally had some amazing naps on the lazy river.
A bit OT, but the waterpark attached to our zoo (Columbus) has a 2nd lazy river that is for adults only, circles a large bar and sundeck, has a 2nd bar accessible only from the water, allows you to sip as you go, and has a number of pull-off areas where you can just stop and float.

It's wonderful.

Touchdown

A bit OT, but the waterpark attached to our zoo (Columbus) has a 2nd lazy river that is for adults only, circles a large bar and sundeck, has a 2nd bar accessible only from the water, allows you to sip as you go, and has a number of pull-off areas where you can just stop and float.

It's wonderful.
TL is the rare water park where my favorite attraction is not the lazy river (it’s the wave pool) and outside of TL and Schlitterbahn in Texas (where most rides are a delightful mix of slides and rivers) is always the place I spend the most time in water parks. Don’t get me wrong the slides are great, but I go to water parks to stay cool and relax, and the river is usually the best place to achieve both those goals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom