disney downhill?

cikacz1981

Original Poster
I just returned home from my 18th trip and had a few things to vent about. Here we go:

1. It seems as if some of the Magic has gone on vacation. I remember the workers being much more cheerful in previous trips.

2. The Transportation was terrible. The bus system has really been let go.

3. Thanks God that Pleasure Island is done for. I went there with my fiance and another couple and was disgusted. Definitely not a place that I would ever take a child if I had one. I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination either.

4. I know that it's an extremely crowded time of year but the lines at Disney Studios were outrageous. I went for the day and the only ride I got on was The Great Movie Ride. RNRC was 160 mins...TT was 90 mins....and TSM was 200 mins. $70 dollars a day for 3 rides...Backlot Tour needs to go so that the congestion will dissipate.

5. This is the worst one of them all.........................Disney Burgers!!!!! I used to crave a Disney Burgers. I was soo excited to get one and then I bit into it and it tasted like dried out meatloaf...it killed my trip.

I know that everyone is gonna rip into me fro bashing the Wonderful World of Disney but it just really ed me off. I love Disney more than anyone and get psyched for my annual trip but this one really turned me off.

On a brighter note: I rode haunted Mansion for the first time since the rehab and positively love it. The sound is second to none. Also, Spaceship Earth which is my favorite ride is unreal. At first not so much but after the 3rd time, great work on keeping the old while revamping it.

figmentmom

Sorry to hear your trip was a disappointment. Heat, high humidity and crowds can take their toll on even the most diehard of Disney fans - AND Cast Members.

(Why didn't you use fastpasses for RNRC and ToT?)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Sorry you had a less than stellar experience.

My take is the CMs are sometimes just having an off day. It's only $70/day if you always buy single-day tickets... :shrug:

I've never been anywhere but AC at PI and loved it, but wouldn't take a child. It's really not child-appropriate, though children are technically allowed.

As for crowds, that's part of the fun for us. If lines are long, we FP what we can and people-watch for entertainment otherwise. I realize that only riding GMR in a full day wouldn't be worth the visit, but I've never been that unlucky with crowds :shrug:

Hopefully Disney will be back to normal for your next trip :D

figmentmom

At busy times of the year Fast Passes are quickly used up for the day within the first couple of hours of operation.

Soarin's FP in April were gone by noon. :eek:

I know. The OP mentioned that he'd been there for the entire day, though, and I just assumed he'd arrived fairly early in the day. :wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Gulp. I`d better cancel our trip...

Nah!

Looks like the PI plan is working; make it unattractive and people won`t care to see it go. Amazing what ungating a place can do.

And the crowds... peak time... as a purple dragon once said "here we goooooo!"

:D

figmentmom

Gulp. I`d better cancel our trip...

Nah!

Looks like the PI plan is working; make it unattractive and people won`t care to see it go. Amazing what ungating a place can do.

And the crowds... peak time... as a purple dragon once said "here we goooooo!"

:D

Peter Pan, too! :ROFLOL:

beefog

This is one thing that I have never seen any say on the boards so I am going to say it FLAME ON

" When you go to any place for the 20th time or the 17th or the 50th time, that magic that made it special for the first 10 times starts to get old and you start to pick at the little things. its just human nature. NO matter what it is a show, movie or WDW once you have seen for the the umptenth time it starts to get old. Stop comparing to the first times you went and enjoy it for what it is. Things change for the good and things change for the bad. Its a big cycle. Enjoy the vacation and stop nitpicking at all the little things that bother you"

OK FLAME STARTS NOW

figmentmom

This is one thing that I have never seen any say on the boards so I am going to say it FLAME ON

" When you go to any place for the 20th time or the 17th or the 50th time, that magic that made it special for the first 10 times starts to get old and you start to pick at the little things. its just human nature. NO matter what it is a show, movie or WDW once you have seen for the the umptenth time it starts to get old. Stop comparing to the first times you went and enjoy it for what it is. Things change for the good and things change for the bad. Its a big cycle. Enjoy the vacation and stop nitpicking at all the little things that bother you"

OK FLAME STARTS NOW

Not to worry, other people have said the same thing before, and it's true. :lol: Nothing lives up to the excitement of that first trip to Disney, and it's easy to find fault on later trips.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Not to worry, other people have said the same thing before, and it's true. :lol: Nothing lives up to the excitement of that first trip to Disney, and it's easy to find fault on later trips.
I dunno... nine trips so far all 5-8 days and the magic hasn't worn off at all! Each trip as or more magical than the last. :king:

If that changes, mebbe I'll finally make it over to Universal! :D

EPCOT Explorer

I just returned home from my 18th trip and had a few things to vent about. Here we go:

1. It seems as if some of the Magic has gone on vacation. I remember the workers being much more cheerful in previous trips.

3. Thanks God that Pleasure Island is done for. I went there with my fiance and another couple and was disgusted. Definitely not a place that I would ever take a child if I had one. I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination either.

4. I know that it's an extremely crowded time of year but the lines at Disney Studios were outrageous. I went for the day and the only ride I got on was The Great Movie Ride. RNRC was 160 mins...TT was 90 mins....and TSM was 200 mins. $70 dollars a day for 3 rides...Backlot Tour needs to go so that the congestion will dissipate.

5. This is the worst one of them all.........................Disney Burgers!!!!! I used to crave a Disney Burgers. I was soo excited to get one and then I bit into it and it tasted like dried out meatloaf...it killed my trip.

I know that everyone is gonna rip into me fro bashing the Wonderful World of Disney but it just really ed me off. I love Disney more than anyone and get psyched for my annual trip but this one really turned me off.

On a brighter note: I rode haunted Mansion for the first time since the rehab and positively love it. The sound is second to none. Also, Spaceship Earth which is my favorite ride is unreal. At first not so much but after the 3rd time, great work on keeping the old while revamping it.

I understand the other gripes and wish you would have had a better time but I REALLY hope that's a overstatement.:lol:

Peter Pan, too! :ROFLOL:

He's an EPCOT fan...LOL

OK FLAME STARTS NOW

Not for me-WDW is amazing all the time no matter what happens!

I dunno... nine trips so far all 5-8 days and the magic hasn't worn off at all! Each trip as or more magical than the last. :king:

If that changes, mebbe I'll finally make it over to Universal! :D

I'm with ya!

RobnRachal

When I read some of the negative posts it makes me think a little more intently about our last trip. Any trip we've made to Disney (if I think hard enough) could have negative aspects. I guess I just don't focus on them. Maybe at the time they seemed like a super big deal. However, when I look at the vacation as a whole and the entire experience....the negative things never seem to be what comes to the front of my mind. I just hope it stays that way...:p

AEfx

Not really rebuttals, but more comments :

2. I agree, bus service is no where near as good/fun as it used to be. With *SO* many people staying on property now it just means long lines and crowds so much of the year. I always have my own personal vehicle on property now and although it may seem odd I have a much more relaxed and comfortable time.

4. Well...it *IS* practically one of the busiest times of the year. You need to arrive super-early if you want to get rides done, as in be outside the gate ready to walk through turnstyles *before* opening. However, no matter how much good planning you do - this is easily the worst time of year to visit. For many it's not a choice, I know - but if you have a choice, there really couldn't be a worst time in terms of crowds/etc.

5. It's the burgers at the studio that suck...from what I understand, they are from a different vendor for some reason than the burgers served at other parks. Did you have one from ABC Commisary? Theirs are the worst, the ones at the Backlot place aren't as bad. But fear not, the burger at Pecos Bills/etc. is still the same - the studios just have awful quick service period.

AEfx

Rockin Roller

Heres a hint for those long lines. If singler rider is available use it I walk on almost every time. But only do so if fastpass is out of course

CinderALLIE

I gotta say I've only been once for 2 1/2 weeks in 2006, but I' going back this year and am probably even more excited and anxious then the first time.

The burgers though, from when I went, when it was Disney MGM Studios, were definately different, after the first 2 times I ordered either pizza or chicken strips while there. If you order a Cheeseburger while there it came with lettuce where elsewhere it didn't.
Seriously a Cheeseburger with lettuce...what the H.E.doublehockeysticks (I love that movie)

As for buses they can break down or be overcrowded so it takes longer for people to get on and off thus delaying them. Also if you were there when it was crowded there is this thing called traffic LOL

AEfx

Seriously a Cheeseburger with lettuce...

You've never head a burger with lettuce, LOL? Most major national chains have some form of burger with lettuce, and in Manhattan, for instance, a burger with lettuce and tomato is called a "cheeseburger deluxe".

Lettuce is one of the most common burger toppings.

AEfx

Craig & Lisa

I don't know either, trip 19 coming in Aug. and the excitement is just as fullfilling as the first time there for us. My wife is going nuts and taking the rest of the family with her. :p:hammer: But by the time it comes for us to leave she will calm down knowing that it's finally hear and the wait is over. :sohappy:

CinderALLIE

You've never head a burger with lettuce, LOL? Most major national chains have some form of burger with lettuce, and in Manhattan, for instance, a burger with lettuce and tomato is called a "cheeseburger deluxe".

Lettuce is one of the most common burger toppings.

AEfx

I've had burgers with lettuce, but in Australia if you buy a cheeseburger at Macdonalds it has no lettuce, so it was weird buying a chessebuger at MGM (it was that when I went) and getting lettuce when the other parks don't. Also IMO Lettuce and tomato sauce don't match.:hurl:lol

daliseurat

Gotta agree with you on some of this.

1.Yep. I've noticed this on my last THREE trips. Not that everyone was bad, but enough that it was noticeable. I used to love the fact that EVERYONE in the parks was friendly and did their jobs so well. It was a nice break from the reality of the idiots see everyday.

2. Don't know at what TIMES you used it, or which hotel, but I've only had problems at NIGHT. I always take the very first bus out, so there not usually a line.

3. Pleasure Island was fun when I was in my twenties. Then they got rid of the gates and all kinds of people who had MISCHIEF on their minds crept in...

4. This is why I avoid crowded periods. But I am curious as to why you didn't use fastpass or go on whatever had no lines.

5.I've never had a burger at Disney that was any good. I don't eat them there. They've got so many more interesting choices. I surprised you craved a Disney Burger. Which one was so good?

Sorry you had a bad time. Blame the season you went. Even though I've experienced some of this almost every trip, the good outweighs the bad. And i am frequently happy to just walk around and soak up the ambience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom