Disney discontinuing resort specific merchandise.

JEANYLASER

What about Disney DVD's I need to know Does the Disney Hotels to discontinued of the disney DVD's! Because I love Disney dvd's!

lbrad

I believe you. One of my friends came a few weeks ago with a $500 merch budget. He spent about $40.

My family went to WDW in June....we didn't buy any souvenirs!!!
NOT ONE!!! Didn't see anything we liked that you couldn't get at Wal-Mart for half the price :shrug:
Didn't buy a refillable mug either:( I prefer the resort specific

hrcollectibles

This is a major reason I feel embarrased to enter Disney Stores because all the young Child-Tween age group and so much generic stuff' it is sickining. There are in fact many people who think I have Peter Pan Syndrome (no pun intended) because of my intense interest in Disney which is Disney's fault because of the way it markets itself.

So a Multi-billion dollar company's fault for your obsession :shrug: If they are to blame wouldn't every man, woman and child have the same obsession

"If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But... if it's real, you'll feel it." - Kid Rock

WDW1974

Great.....I wanted to start getting pins from the resorts I've stayed at in NOV.:(

You have nothing to worry about in that department.

Even if they stop making clothing or key chains or mugs for the resorts, you can rest assured they'll keep making and selling the pins all over.

That will not change.

Andy Walker

If that's true why buy anything at WDW that you can't get at your local Disney store? Surely people want a specific memory of a resort they've stayed at, or an attraction they've been on.Shops full of Mickey and Minnie and Princess stuff will be very dull places indeed.

brucie

to bad I always got something from the resorts I've been at it may not always have been a big purchase but it was something. too bad

kimmychad

That's not accurate. I was there last month and while CMs can bring guests (I am not a CM!) that's always been the case.

A guest can't just go there and shop on their own.

Also, FWIW, if any guests have cast friends and want to buy loads of Disney crap at big discounts to stock up for the holidays (can't believe it's already August!) the fall SALSA sale is coming up the last week of September at the new Jostens fieldhouse at WWoS.

As to the OP, while this is the exact sort of stupid, dumb, ignorant move I'd expect of TDO, I think we need some confirmation before we jump to conclusions.

Sure, they sell a helluva lot more Grumpy generic tees and Tink pins than WL polos or BC towels or Coronado tees. But people want those items and they aren't gonna swap out generic crap for it. They'll either make a sale on resort specific stuff or lose out entirely.

I need to ask around.

ok so when I bought over $100 worth of stuff there last september on my own it was just a dream right? don't call me a liar just because you weren't smart enough to do it by yourself.

Dommiekazommie

Stop Whineging

Hi Guys!

Ok, before you all jump down my throats, I need to clarify that I am a first timer to WDW, my first trip was this April, but i also live in AUSTRALIA!!! And I spent in excess of $1,000 in 8 days on Merch, including MANY generic tees and hoodies and hats. I LOVE THEM! (and im coming back next year) You guys have no idea just how lucky you are. Here in Aus the Disney Stores were shut down about 7 years ago, and even before that everything in them was so hideously overpriced (when I was a kid my favePooh Denim shir set my poor Mum back $95.00 for a kids shirt!!!).

So, you should be grateful about the shear amount of buying opportunities you HAVE. not get angry because you cant buy a shirt with the name of the hotel. Last time I checked, Disney also opened Design A Tee at DTD, whats wrong with that? I personally made a tee which carries a lot more significance than any POR tee I could have gotten, It has my fave character, my name, my DBFFs name and the dates we were there. Yeh, a lot of the Merch in all the stores is the same, but last time I checked, the bulk of Target stuff is the same nationwide. Disney is a company, just like any other!! Memories are nice, but why not attach a memory to something else. Like take a PIC of your resort....

Ok, ill hop back into my soap box now... :)

Duckberg

Disney Resort Specific STUFF

Overall Disney STUFF is NOT :eek: selling so why not reduce costs by eliminating SOME resort specific STUFF :veryconfu Duckberg :lookaroun

Dommiekazommie

lol

Lol, of course we can. But, alas, Disney will only ship some merchandise from the Disney Store over our way, with 4-6 weeks for shipping, and postage costs that would buy a small child.

:ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer

Even if they stop making clothing or key chains or mugs for the resorts, you can rest assured they'll keep making and selling the pins all over.

That will not change.

Well...That's good...Right?:lookaroun:lol:

Then again....Pins.:rolleyes::lol:

WDW Vacationer

That will not change.
Yes!:sohappy:

Epcot Explorer,what do you have against pins?

stonehill1968

Maybe it's just me, but my treasured resort-specific merchandise -- Beach Club mug, AKL merchandise, various resort refrigerator magnets, towels -- are like little Disney flashing signs, Disney ads that catch my eye whenever I open a cabinet door or closet: Wouldn't it be nice to go back? How about planning another trip - sooner rather than later? Would hate, hate for Disney to discontinue resort-specific merchandise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom