Disney Cruise Line Stateroom Reviews

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Ship: Fantasy
Stateroom #: 10600
Room Category: 4A - Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda
Aft, Mid or Forward: Mid
Date of Sailing: 5/12-5/19/2012

The room itself was beautiful and large, 299 sq ft, split bath, and looked much like the pictures Tammy posted with the exception of no pull-down bed...so it could sleep 4 total.

This room was VERY noisy however and I would not recommend that ANYONE pay the addition fees to stay in a Veranda Room on Deck 10 on the Fantasy. We were constantly woken up early in the morning (6am) to the crew resetting/cleaning/sliding the tables and chairs across the deck, and throughout the day and into the late evening you would hear someone running across the deck. The noise from the deck about just seemed to reverberate throughout the cabin ceiling and walls. We called Guest Services and complained after the second night, and although it helped handled the issue in the mornings (their solution was roping off the area so no one could work there in the morning and they sending up a tote bag full of Inaugural Sailing goodies), they seemed to refuse to enforce the "No Running" rule throughout the entire cruise and had to call again on night 4 when it sounded like people were playing tag or something at 2 in the morning. We opted to not spend much time in our cabin during the day because it just wasn't relaxing. Then on the final morning we were woken up very early at 4:43am because they were pressure washing the deck...so much for that. Surprisingly most of the noise from the events such as movies or pool activities could not be heard from the cabin, just the running/stomping and the morning crews. I'm still going to be working with Guest Services on the issue but my recommendation is to save some money and opt for a more peaceful and just as luxurious stay on Deck 9! (btw, how to I get in touch with DCL Guest Relations post trip?)

Enjoyed every other aspect of our Honeymoon Cruise!

Here you go! I'm glad the rest of it was great! :)

Disney Cruise Vacations
Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10238
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0238

sweetpee_1993

Awww...Devoy, I hate that you had anything less than perfection on your honeymoon voyage. That makes me sad. I will say, tho, that it totally reinforces the use in stateroom reviews. Definitely gotta know what's going on above, below, and beside you when choosing a stateroom. Hope your next voyage you'll have paid the noisy dues and have nothing but good karma and a peaceful, blissful room to call home. :wave:

Phonedave

Dave, I remembered you talking about that stateroom when our GTY assignment came in on the Magic a few months ago. First thing I noticed was Rockin Bar D directly above us. No way! Totally reiterates the importance of sharing experiences and learning from each other. We upgraded for a small fee...then made a huge jump at the port before embarkation...resulting in a totally fabulous cruise experience. So thank you! :wave:

You're quite welcome. I'm glad it worked out for you.

The noise in no way ruined the cruise. We did have a great time. It was just an annpyance that you would think they would have accounted for. It's not like this was the first ship that was ever built.

-dave

devoy1701

You're quite welcome. I'm glad it worked out for you.

The noise in no way ruined the cruise. We did have a great time. It was just an annpyance that you would think they would have accounted for. It's not like this was the first ship that was ever built.

-dave

I felt the same way. You would think that in this day and age that they would be able to dampen the sound coming from areas like the pool deck or the clubs...atleast to lessen the sound transfer into the staterooms. I thought a very thick layer of sound absorbing compressed foam in the ceiling could have made a world of difference for us...

devoy1701

Awww...Devoy, I hate that you had anything less than perfection on your honeymoon voyage. That makes me sad. I will say, tho, that it totally reinforces the use in stateroom reviews. Definitely gotta know what's going on above, below, and beside you when choosing a stateroom. Hope your next voyage you'll have paid the noisy dues and have nothing but good karma and a peaceful, blissful room to call home. :wave:

It seems to be how things go with us and Disney Vacations. When we had our parents over after we got back from the honeymoon to show them pictures and I was mentioning this mishap, my father asked me "Is that company ever going to be able to live up to your expectations?" It made me think for a minute, but I realized that obviously they have in the past or I wouldn't have these expectations to begin with, right? Anyway, as I mentioned, besides the noise issue, DCL met or exceeded all other expectations we had. I promise I will get a trip report posted soon!

I did send a follow up letter to DCL Guest Services. As I wrote the letter I realized the more the issue bothered me. Once you break it down, we were either woken up or kept up 5 of our 7 nights because of noise issues that could have been controlled or avoided, and I just think that is unacceptable and that there should be a disclaimer on rooms under the main pool deck that say "Noise from the above deck can be distracting and intrusive at times" or something of the sort that let us know what we were getting into when we decided to spend the extra $600 on that room catagory.

sarabeth10772

Ship: Dream
Stateroom # 10568
Date of Sailing: April 5, 2012

We sailed on the Dream and had a wonderful vacation. Our room was mid-ship close to elevators. We enjoyed how convenient our room was to the pool. However, our room was so noisy. Every morning we were awaken by the noise from above. We could hear chairs being moved, kids/people running, etc. The evenings were the same. The last evening was so noisy even our tired kids complained about the running feet. My in-laws were just down a few rooms in room 10562 and they said they did not have the noise we did.
We are going on the Dream next March and this time we have the same type of room on deck 8. I will miss being so close to the pool deck, but hopefully it will be a little more quiet.

devoy1701

Stateroom # 10568
Date of Sailing: April 5, 2012

We sailed on the Dream and had a wonderful vacation. Our room was mid-ship close to elevators. We enjoyed how convenient our room was to the pool. However, our room was so noisy. Every morning we were awaken by the noise from above. We could hear chairs being moved, kids/people running, etc. The evenings were the same. The last evening was so noisy even our tired kids complained about the running feet. My in-laws were just down a few rooms in room 10562 and they said they did not have the noise we did.
We are going on the Dream next March and this time we have the same type of room on deck 8. I will miss being so close to the pool deck, but hopefully it will be a little more quiet.

It's a shame really. These cabins on Deck 10 midship are in a fabulous location. Close to Cabanas...close to the pools, and in the center of the ship of course. Our stateroom attendant said that many of his guests have been complaining about the noise from above. I really hope they do something about this when the ships are scheduled for their first drydock refurb.

Sarabeth, I highly suggest you mail a letter expressing your concerns to DCL. I've already been contacted by them and they are working on a resolution with us. I am also going to be forwarding my correspondence over to Karl Holz so whoever read/filters his email messages can see how my situation has played out thus far. Hope you enjoyed your cruise despite the noise. We can honestly say that if it weren't for the noise we would stay in that cabin (10600 on the Fantasy) again.

RobnRachal

Stateroom: 7014
Room Category: 08C Deluxe Family Oceanview
Sail Date: December 4, 2011

This was our second Disney Cruise but our first on the Dream. This room was located directly, I mean directly, across form the Deck 7 Laudry area. We didn't realize that when we booked, but really enjoyed the convevience of it. It was a 4 night cruise so normally I wouldn't have done laundry but we were following up with 10 nights at WDW, so it gave me a head start on the "unmentionables". We had no complaints since the room was very quiet, and comfortably accomodated 5. We LOVED the split bath. On our last Disney cruise we did not have that feature and would never be without it again unless it was just Hubby and I. Since our last cruise was an inside stateroom we were very excited about having an Oceanview. To be honest, though, I would go for verandah in the future since the window was more of a tease. "Oh look at the beautiful view, wouldn't you love to breath in the fresh Caribbean air?" Psych!!!! lol
As expected, service at dinner and elsewhere was fantastic. Our dining room Server and assisstant Server were fabulous. The kids (6 of them ages 12 to 18) adored them both. Not an easy task with kids that age. We usually closed the dining room cause the kids wanted to hang out with Travis (Jamaica) and Carlos (Peru). Our stateroom host Stephen was great. He was always available and on top of things. Our Palo evening we ordered room service for the kids since they wanted to stay in the room and watch movies. Service was prompt and accurate. Food, however, was ok...nothing spectacular but I guess that's why we go to the restaurants at dinner. Better selection and all round experience.
We had beautiful weather with the exception of wind. Such a windy cruise which, as you can imagine, made for a rocky cruise. On our first Disney cruise none of us felt any "sesa sickness". In fact, besides a gentle sway we felt nothing. This cruise was a completely different experience. Weather conditions are a fact of cruising and I in no way felt it ruined our cruise, but I definitely have a more realistic expectation for our next cruise. I will also be more prepared for queasiness.
Despite the Dream being 50% bigger we never felt overwhelmed or crowded. Besides 20 minute lineupes for the AquaDuck we never had to wait.
We're very happy we booked our next cruise, on the Fantasy, while onboard and are really looking forward to our Verandah!

Coree

Stateroom: 2546
Room Category: 09B Deluxe Oceanview
Sail Date: June 12, 2011

I have to admit that before sailing I was a bit worried that I wouldn't like being on desk 2.Somehow it felt second-class to me. However, it turned out to be a great room. So much so that we're staying in almost the exact same location on our next one.

The room was really convenient to Enchanted Garden, the midship elevators, and steps up to the atrium. And even though it was close convenient to lots of places, we never heard any noise.

The room had a large port hole that my daughter loved to sit in. There was also only one time that I actually felt any kind of ship motion and that was on the very last night. I would definitely recommend this stateroom.

iloverags2

Ship - Disney Magic
Stateroom # 5640
Room Category - 7A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Navigators Verandah
Aft, Mid or Forward - Aft
Date of Sailing - 2/11/2000

This is from quite a long time ago, but I wanted to include this one since it is a Navigators Verandah which sleeps 3 people. Since my DH were not married (we had just gotten engaged, and booked this two weeks out as a celebration) and we were traveling with his 13 year old daughter, we separated the beds (as you can sort of see in the first picture). I ended up taking the convertible sofa actually because I wanted to be close the the verandah, and it was very comfortable.

Unfortunately I do not remember if there was a steamer trunk.

This stateroom is just a few steps from the Buena Vista Theatre, which we found very convenient. It is also on the same deck as the kids clubs, although we found no issues with noise.

What I especially loved about the Navigators Verandah was the bench seat. Great place to curl up and read a book!

You can see somewhat the beds separated
ry%3D400

Open porthole on the verandah
ry%3D400

iloverags2

Ship - Disney Wonder
Stateroom # 6152
Room Category - 6A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with solid white wall Verandah
Date of Sailing - 5/1/2008

This stateroom has an extra large verandah, which was wonderful! Although we were not crazy about the solid white wall, the size more than made up for that. The location is convenient for running up to Beach Blanket Buffet and the drink station, and there were no noise issues.

The oversized verandah
ry%3D400

iloverags2

Ship - Disney Wonder
Stateroom # 8082
Room Category - 4B Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Date of Sailing - 10/22/2009

This stateroom sleeps 5, although there were only two of us. We did have a steamer trunk in this room, and loved having the additional storage space just for the mere fact of keeping things out of sight!

The location could not have been more perfect. We were literally steps from the aft lifts and stairs. At first we were concerned this would be a noise issue, but it was not in the slightest! The convenience to Beach Blanket Buffet and the drink station were awesome - especially the drink station. We loved that the verandahs on this deck do not have the possibility of a minuscule obstruction (off to either side depending on where you are located...and not all have this). Overall and excellent room and location!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

iloverags2

Ship - Disney Magic
Stateroom # 8048
Room Category - T Concierge One Bedroom Suite with Verandah
Aft, Mid or Forward - Midship
Date of Sailing - 11/27/2010

Wow! I'm not even sure where to begin with this one! How about the one and only negative - middle of the night noise from the pool deck above as the CMs clean the deck (think chairs being dragged mainly). While this did not bother me (I'm hard of hearing, therefore NOTHING wakes me up), I would imagine this would be quite bothersome to others. It didn't affect either one of us, but that's not to say others would feel differently.

Ok, now on to the good! I have toured both the Dream and Fantasy and can honestly say I would never book a one-bedroom suite on either one of those, especially after enjoying our one-bedroom suite on the Magic. This is simply due to the stateroom layout between the two different classes of ships. What I love about this stateroom is the fact that both the living room and the bedroom have a verandah right there next to them. I can wake up and look out at the ocean with no obstructions in my way (same can't be said about the Dream class where you have to sit-up or bend your head to look around the partial wall and then across the living room furniture).

I also love the wood furniture and bookcase in this stateroom. Very classic and classy.

The master bedroom has a bed, two side tables, a side chair with ottoman, and entertainment center with a good amount of drawer space. A lovely sliding set of doors with frosted windows separates the bedroom from the living room.

The master bathroom? Heavenly! Three sections - first section closest to the bedroom is a vanity and chair with a WALK-IN closet across from it. Ample, ample, ample storage space. The second section in the middle is the double sink and a jacuzzi tub across from it. And that jacuzzi tub is just heavenly! The third and furthest back section is the toilet and marble walk-in shower. We loved the shower. Very roomy, and true walk-in.

There is a nice, albeit small, dining area which allowed us to order in from the dining room two nights. We truly enjoyed this! The dining area also has a wet bar and fridge and a hutch. The living room, in addition to the gorgeous entertainment center, has a sofa and two side chairs.

Both the living room and master bedroom have sliding doors leading out to the double sized verandah, which extends across both.

The bathroom for the living room area also has a walk-in shower, toilet and sink. There is a generously sized closet in the front as well, which serves a great purpose for jackets, scuba gear, etc.

The location of this stateroom is fabulous, about midway between the midship and aft lifts/stairs. It's one deck down from Topsiders and the drink station, which is awesome.

A "few" pictures below...

Living room
ry%3D400

Dining room
ry%3D400

Hutch near dining room, where we found out daily Navigators, excursion tickets, etc.
ry%3D400

Looking towards the master bedroom from the dining area
ry%3D400

Front hall closet
ry%3D400

Front hall bathroom (not the greatest picture - we never used it!)
ry%3D400

Dining area and living room
ry%3D400

Living room entertainment center
ry%3D400

There were lots of little items on the entertainment center, which were cool
ry%3D400

Bedroom chair and ottoman (that is a pull down murphy bed behind the chair)
ry%3D400

Not the greatest shot of the entertainment center in the bedroom
ry%3D400

Bed
ry%3D400

View of turned down bed from living room
ry%3D400

View from bedroom looking out into living room
ry%3D400

With doors closed
ry%3D400

Verandah
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

View looking out at verandah from bed in bedroom
ry%3D400

Pictures continued in next post...

iloverags2

View into master bathroom from bedroom
ry%3D400

Vanity and chair
ry%3D400

Walk-in closet (there is more to it to the left as well)
ry%3D400

Double sink
ry%3D400

Jacuzzi tub
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Toes in the tub! (And no worries on bringing bubble bath - the H20 body wash works perfectly!)
ry%3D400

Walk-in shower
ry%3D400

iloverags2

Ship - Disney Magic
Stateroom # 7625
Room Category - 11A Standard Inside Stateroom
Date of Sailing - 5/9/2012

Having sailed in only verandah staterooms, we were determined to try an inside stateroom, and guess what? We loved it! Well, we loved this particular stateroom. The layout for the standard inside, which does not have the split bath, is a bit different...and honestly we much preferred this. The bed is straight ahead when walking in, and it faces the door. This makes the room seem so much more open when you are lying in bed. (With the other categories, the bed is turned sideways and faces a wall, which is relatively close to the bed.) No steamer trunk here, but we felt the drawer space and closet space provided ample room for two people. The room could sleep three.

We had absolutely no noise issues - wow, it was as quiet as could be here! The location was absolutely incredible. We were just steps from the secret aft deck, and also just steps from the secret staircase that leads directly into Topsiders. We were also close to the aft lifts/stairs and were only two decks down from the drink station. There honestly could not be a more perfect location.

I apologize for the messy closet and desk! We overpacked (five checked bags and two carry-ons...crazy!), and we also were involved with a gift exchange, so we were amassing quite a collection of things!

IMG_6224.jpg

IMG_6235.jpg

IMG_6234.jpg

IMG_6232.jpg

IMG_6229.jpg

IMG_6231.jpg

ExRoadie

Stateroom #: 8534
Room Category: 5B: Forward Starboard
Date of Sailing: August 5th, 2012 - August 10th, 2012

The room was just ahead of the forward elevator lobby. While I was never waken by noise, my friends from Canada were in the connecting stateroom 8532 and they are admitted light sleepers, were woken up every night at least once by someone slamming a door, running down the hallway or talking loudly as they passed.

The verandah was another thing entirely. There's simply no way to slide the chairs or table on the verandah without making a horrendous racket. As soon as I discovered this fact I always picked the chair or table up to move it. This simple gesture was a foreign concept to my fellow guest in the staterooms above and below me for several decks. Several times I was deep into a book only to be jarred back into reality by the roar of rubber feet dragging on the deck. Please understand, my hearing was damaged from years as a nightclub DJ so it's not that I'm sensitive to sound. The sound is very unpleasant so please be considerate on your next cruise.

The stateroom was spotless and kept that way by the host. I found the bed covers to be rather heavy for my taste. I asked the host for a single sheet when passing in the hallway and found the sheet on my bed less than an hour later.

This stateroom has a full width verandah with a railing and glass below. If you look at a picture of the Dream it's the 8th stateroom with a full verandah from the front of the boat on deck 8.

Getting around was easy because we walked down the hall and took the mid or aft elevators if going to Deck 3,4 or 11. For the theaters or the the adult areas we took the forward elevators.

bunnyman

Ship: Disney Magic
Stateroom #: 2110
Room Category: 9C
Aft, Mid or Forward: Aft
Date of Sailing: 7/28/12

Room was relatively quite, slept 4 with 1 pull down bunk and convertible sofa. Large round window, but did not have steamer trunk. Only real complaint during trip was room temp being somewhat tepid, but a service call helped that as they came out and changed air filter and hooked up some device to the A/C control to change settings. Did note that that electronic devices in room (i.e. wave phones and alarm clock) really need to be changed out, as they are so well used the buttons don't really work anymore. The wave phones as a result were never used (you could never push a button and get it to work), and the alarm clock if you bumped it would unplug and reset (which resulted in a 1/2 hour fight to reset the time).

WishIWasAtWDW

Ship: Disney Dream
Stateroom # 9168
Room Category: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Aft (Almost as Aft as you can get)
Date of Sailing: 10/23/11 - 10/27/11

We traveled on our first cruise on the Disney Dream for our honeymoon in October 2011. Our room was almost as aft as you can possibly get, as we were the second to last room from the back of the ship but it was pretty close to the stairs which was a plus. The best part of the room was the fact that we were so close to Cabanas and to the pool decks. Our room was fairly quiet except for the morning that we were in Nassau. When the ship docked, it vibrated so bad that it actually woke us up. Our bathroom doors were making a rattling noise from all the vibrating so I got up and closed them and that drastically reduced the noise. Other than the minor vibrating/noise problem when docking, I would highly recommend the room. I really liked the location and having a verandah was really nice with no obstruction. I believe the room could sleep 3 or 4 and it had a split bath.

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom