Disney Cruise Line Stateroom Reviews

Jenna Lea

Disney Dream Bahamian Cruise
Via Port Canaveral
Sateroom #8502 Forward Ship
Category 9D
January 2012

I'm 5 ft. 8 inc. and never once hit my head getting out of bed. The bed was SUPER COMFY, and I'm pretty much a bed snob. The room was at the very end of the hallway and tucked in the corner, so we were in an extremely quiet area. We traveled w/out children. This is the cruise my Fiancé proposed to me on. (Deck 13 at sundown, such a special trip.)
I highly recommend this room, lots of space and the entire experience was out of this world.
image.jpg

image.jpg

I left my sunglasses in the room when we were in the Spa, we came back to our room later in the evening to find them on our towel character. Very cute. The sunglasses were incorporated just about every night.

image.jpg
The view from our window at sunrise one day. I believe the pool area in the photo was for the staff, we only ever saw people out there cleaning it.

image.jpg

Our room was perfect for two people. I'm sure one child could have slept fine on the sofa. We had plenty of space and enjoyed the split bathroom. I thought I had photos of the room before we unpacked and settled in, but this was all I could find.

image.jpg
First bath had a sink and shower/tub.

image.jpg
Second bath had a sink and lavatory.

image.jpg

This was near the stairs closest to our room.
Stateroom #8502 is along the forward wall of the ship.
It was incredibly peaceful and quiet the entire time we were in our room.
image.jpg

He scared me at first, but when we returned to ship after a day at Castaway Cay, this fella was cleaning my window. It was pretty funny to see him just walking around out there.

image.jpg

Another view from our window

image.jpg
Home sweet home for the week. We will absolutely book stateroom #8502 again for our next Disney Dream Cruise.

We are 33 days away from our next trip, this time a Western Carribean Cruise on the Disney Magic.
I'll post a room review afterwards.

Jenna Lea

We just returned from our 2nd Disney Cruise
This time on the Disney Magic
7 Day Western Caribbean January 2015
Stops were in Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel & Castaway Cay
Our stateroom was 5524
Category 10 inside stateroom, however... It had a secret porthole window which we were pretty thrilled about.

image.jpg

This room can sleep 5, we only needed it for the two of us, but it does have an upper bunk and a full pull out sofa bed.
It also has a door to connect to room 5522 should you need to reserve two staterooms for a large party.
Notes: This room was really nice. You could definitely hear the people in the next room due to the connecting door, and unfortunately the mom in that room was pretty loud, we never heard the husband or kids. The view is obstructed but its not so bad. Did see the crew members working outside once and saw the captains out there looking around on the first day, so remember to close the curtains when changing. It was one floor above the theatre, so perfect for catching the shows and then getting back to our rooms quickly.

We got a bunch of natural light from the window.
image.jpg

The room was decorated nearly exactly like those on the Disney Dream.
image.jpg

Here you can see the white drums outside the window.

We got a nice gift for our second cruise, this cute beach bag on the bed which also had a magnetic dry erase board for our door.
image.jpg

The view from standing at the window looking to the door of our room.
image.jpg

Super comfy bed!
image.jpg

It felt much more roomier than this photo gives credit.
image.jpg

First bathroom had the shower and sink
image.jpg
image.jpg

Second bathroom had the toilette and another sink. Also a nice storage area for items.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Danessa

I'm going on my first Disney cruise in March. What deck floors you recommend that has minimal noise and you don't feel movement in case of sea sickness?

Cesar R M

I'm going on my first Disney cruise in March. What deck floors you recommend that has minimal noise and you don't feel movement in case of sea sickness?
which ship?
most ships in the middle higher floors (except the ones on top) will be ok

For what I know... :
rooms on the back of the ship = engine vibration. light engine noise.
front of the ship = wave noise and the ship moving up and down during medium to high seas.
top of the ship = rocking side to side during medium to high seas. also noise from the top decks (party area, dance areas)

technically, the rooms with less motion, would be the CENTER INNER area (aka midship interior cabins)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom