Disney Cruise FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

StageFrenzy

Welcome back! They are almost the exact same size as the staterooms that sleep 5, but the decor is different. The concierge rooms are beautiful.

The concierge services on the Dream and Fantasy are great. They have a private lounge as well as a private sundeck. Being a concierge guest gives you early booking opportunites for Palo, Remy and other things. They also have expedited check in at the terminal and their own area to relax in while waiting to board.

Concierge on the Dream seemed to kick the pants out of concierge on the Wonder and Magic without staying in the rooms and just looking at what you get.

StageFrenzy

Just got back from a 4 nighter on the Dream. (was awesome) I found out that you don't have to put your KTTW card in the light slot and anything card like object will work. I suggest the privacy hanger since it always falls off the door for me.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Just got back from a 4 nighter on the Dream. (was awesome) I found out that you don't have to put your KTTW card in the light slot and anything card like object will work. I suggest the privacy hanger since it always falls off the door for me.

Just another dcl trick :sohappy:

devoy1701

I have 2 new questions!

Are there any "perks" for Disney Visa holders...whether its a pin, 10% discount in a store onboard, free photo, etc? When we booked and paid off our entire Disneyland Trip on our Disney Visa we received a very nice little travel package that included a Disneyland Backpack, a Pin, and some coupons for various stores and preferred viewing vouchers. I wanted to see if there was anything like that for DCL.

2nd Question...does anyone know of any good hotels near the port. I don't think we're going to be staying on Disney Property on our wedding night, so we're thinking of staying the night in Orlando or closer to the port. We're looking for something nice, not some motel.

Thanks!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I have 2 new questions!

Are there any "perks" for Disney Visa holders...whether its a pin, 10% discount in a store onboard, free photo, etc? When we booked and paid off our entire Disneyland Trip on our Disney Visa we received a very nice little travel package that included a Disneyland Backpack, a Pin, and some coupons for various stores and preferred viewing vouchers. I wanted to see if there was anything like that for DCL.

2nd Question...does anyone know of any good hotels near the port. I don't think we're going to be staying on Disney Property on our wedding night, so we're thinking of staying the night in Orlando or closer to the port. We're looking for something nice, not some motel.

Thanks!

Woohoo! Questions!

The perk for Disney Visa is a $50 onboard credit if you pay for your cruise in full with it. You have to call and get it applied, they won't do it automatically.

I have a few hotel recommendations for you.

The Hyatt at the airport is nice, and if you are paying for Disney transfers, it's a great way to go. You can get all of your check in done at the hotel and get a really early boarding number if you check in early.

We also like the Radisson Resort at the Port. The pool is nice and if you book a suite, they have giant jacuzzi tubs.

I've also stayed at the Residence Inn, which is all suites. It's nice with a great hot breakfast.

The Ron Jon Cape Caribe gets great reviews and is very nice. They've got lots of options for room types and the pool area is like a water park.

The Resort at Cocoa Beach also gets good reviews although it's about 7 miles from the port.

devoy1701

Woohoo! Questions!

The perk for Disney Visa is a $50 onboard credit if you pay for your cruise in full with it. You have to call and get it applied, they won't do it automatically.

I have a few hotel recommendations for you.

The Hyatt at the airport is nice, and if you are paying for Disney transfers, it's a great way to go. You can get all of your check in done at the hotel and get a really early boarding number if you check in early.

We also like the Radisson Resort at the Port. The pool is nice and if you book a suite, they have giant jacuzzi tubs.

I've also stayed at the Residence Inn, which is all suites. It's nice with a great hot breakfast.

The Ron Jon Cape Caribe gets great reviews and is very nice. They've got lots of options for room types and the pool area is like a water park.

The Resort at Cocoa Beach also gets good reviews although it's about 7 miles from the port.

Hi Tammy! Thanks for the insight! I've been working with Richard for our honeymoon trip and he hadn't personally stayed at any of the hotels near the port...so I figured "hey! Tammy probably knows!"

I'm going to look into both the Residence Inn and the Radisson. We're not going to be doing Disney Transfers. With only the two of us it would have been a wash whether we had chosen to drive ourselves and park at the terminal for a week or stay in Orlando and take Disney Transfers...though the latter provided the obstacle of figuring how we were going to get to Orlando or who would take our car back to Tampa once we got on the bus.

We're only staying the one night in the hotel. Our Wedding is May 11th, we're sailing on the Fantasy on the 12th. :D

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Hi Tammy! Thanks for the insight! I've been working with Richard for our honeymoon trip and he hadn't personally stayed at any of the hotels near the port...so I figured "hey! Tammy probably knows!"

I'm going to look into both the Residence Inn and the Radisson. We're not going to be doing Disney Transfers. With only the two of us it would have been a wash whether we had chosen to drive ourselves and park at the terminal for a week or stay in Orlando and take Disney Transfers...though the latter provided the obstacle of figuring how we were going to get to Orlando or who would take our car back to Tampa once we got on the bus.

We're only staying the one night in the hotel. Our Wedding is May 11th, we're sailing on the Fantasy on the 12th. :D

Yay! What a wonderful honeymoon!

As a bonus, both of those hotels have cruise parking options. You can leave your car at the resort all week and not pay for parking at the terminal. :)

devoy1701

Yay! What a wonderful honeymoon!

As a bonus, both of those hotels have cruise parking options. You can leave your car at the resort all week and not pay for parking at the terminal. :)

I think we're going to go with the Radisson. While the decor is kind of blah (I think most Floridians find Floridian decor blah), the rates are great, the rooms look big, includes breakfast, and being able to park your car there and get a transfer to/from the terminal is absolutely fantastic. And the cost for a suite with those extra amenities is only about $20 more than a room without the cruise parking, etc.

Does anyone know if their cruise parking secure?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I think we're going to go with the Radisson. While the decor is kind of blah (I think most Floridians find Floridian decor blah), the rates are great, the rooms look big, includes breakfast, and being able to park your car there and get a transfer to/from the terminal is absolutely fantastic. And the cost for a suite with those extra amenities is only about $20 more than a room without the cruise parking, etc.

Does anyone know if their cruise parking secure?

We've had family leave their cars there several times. No problems.

We love the suites by the way. The Jacuzzi tub is ginormous!!

Crush Dude!

Anyone have what would be considered the average price of the beer/ wine/ margarita seminars onboard??:wave:

GMRO

Tammy,

So you said you get or can get a $50 credit on the ship if you book and pay the cruise using the Disney Visa? Really? Didn't know that! We booked last year on the Dream for this years Dream cruise. Have had the deposit down since last May for this year.

Do I call Disney Visa for this offer? We were told last year while shopping on the Dream that the DCL does not offer any discount on merchandise if you use your visa. They told us in the shop they were sorry but DCL is seperate from WDW etc and there is no such agreement. We still used the card for the reward points.

Thanks for the great info...

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Tammy,

So you said you get or can get a $50 credit on the ship if you book and pay the cruise using the Disney Visa? Really? Didn't know that! We booked last year on the Dream for this years Dream cruise. Have had the deposit down since last May for this year.

Do I call Disney Visa for this offer? We were told last year while shopping on the Dream that the DCL does not offer any discount on merchandise if you use your visa. They told us in the shop they were sorry but DCL is seperate from WDW etc and there is no such agreement. We still used the card for the reward points.

Thanks for the great info...

Well, yes and no! Disney won't let you stack most discounts. Unfortunately if you rebook onboard you will not be able to get the Disney Visa onboard credit. Now the rebooking onboard credit is usually much better, so "unfortunately" isn't quite the right word. :)

There are 3 onboard discounts you can stack. You can get a $25 credit from booking online, the Disney Visa onboard credit and an onboard credit from your travel agent if they offer one.

If you name a travel agent when you rebook onboard you can usually get the travel agents onboard credit in addition to the onboard booking discount.:)

GMRO

Bottle Of Liquor?

Hi DF,

Can you help?

I’m thinking of taking my favorite bottle of liquor with me on the cruise with me this May. It will be un-opened, sealed, upon embarking the ship. However disembarking the ship it will be at least ½ gone or more. But I doubt it will be totally gone. We’ve got the land portion of our trip right after the cruise so there is no rush to drink the whole 5th.

So can I take the partially drank bottle off the ship to land?

THANKS!

Crush Dude!

Hi DF,

Can you help?

I’m thinking of taking my favorite bottle of liquor with me on the cruise with me this May. It will be un-opened, sealed, upon embarking the ship. However disembarking the ship it will be at least ½ gone or more. But I doubt it will be totally gone. We’ve got the land portion of our trip right after the cruise so there is no rush to drink the whole 5th.

So can I take the partially drank bottle off the ship to land?

THANKS!

Yep you sure can :wave:

Crush Dude!

Hi folks :wave:

Been chatting to a friend in California and he and family are hoping to book the same cruise on The Fantasy as ourselves :sohappy:

If all goes to plan, how do we go about making sure that we are sitting at the same table??

Thanks in advance :wave:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Hi folks :wave:

Been chatting to a friend in California and he and family are hoping to book the same cruise on The Fantasy as ourselves :sohappy:

If all goes to plan, how do we go about making sure that we are sitting at the same table??

Thanks in advance :wave:

All you have to do is call DCL or your travel agent and link the reservations. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom