Disney Crafting...

Tigggrl

I am working on the Mickey and Minnie kiss one now.....Its slowly coming along, but I LOVE it!

I've got the exact same cross-stitch framed and hanging in my room. I'm currently working on another one...

paspresfor.jpg

I'm about 2/3 of the way throught it and I've got about 4 more that I've bought from various trips to Disney.

puppy.jpg

trolley.jpg

mistletoekiss.jpg

happycelebration.jpg

Mystic

I am working on the Mickey and Minnie kiss one now.....Its slowly coming along, but I LOVE it!

I pick up a new one every time I'm at the world. Unfortunately, I'm not usually done the one I'm working on or done any of the others that I have when I get the new ones so I have a back log. I just love collecting them. I'm sure I'll get a new one on my next trip in December. I also check out the Stoney Creek website to see if they've released any new Disney kits yet so I know which ones to look for. I can't wait to hit the new Art of Disney store on Main Street in December. :D

SewIn2Disney

I was the lucky recipient of the crafty items posted by JuliaGulia. :D

Here's what I made:

Beauty and the Beast Shadow Box

2322540843_d03c243bf1_o.jpg

Beauty and the Beast Tank Top
(the writing says, "...tale as old as time...")

2323359488_b59f797dde_o.jpg

An acrylic Painting of Mickey:
2323359496_4ccebb0a7d_o.jpg

And a paper tile mosaic sign
(This was an absurd amount of work and my first time working with paper tiles)

2322540945_d7d30f311f_o.jpg

Disney crafting is the best! :sohappy:
-m
Oh MissM that stuff is BEAUTIFUL! I so wish I was your partner right now.
What did you use for the background of ths shadow box? Is it wallpaper or did you paint that? It looks awesome! The belle is a JoLee's right?

The shirt looks screenprinted and not at all handmade---well done! I love how it's what I call "subtle disney". It looks like a normal design and only people who "get it" will know it's disney.

The acrylic painting is my favorite---very well done! I like the layout--how it's off to the side---beautiful.

I love the paper mosaic too----I recognize those punches! Haha---I may have to borrow this idea. Did you seal it with anything?

Great job! I love it all---your partner was very lucky!

MissM

Oh MissM that stuff is BEAUTIFUL! I so wish I was your partner right now.
What did you use for the background of ths shadow box? Is it wallpaper or did you paint that? It looks awesome! The belle is a JoLee's right?

The shirt looks screenprinted and not at all handmade---well done! I love how it's what I call "subtle disney". It looks like a normal design and only people who "get it" will know it's disney.

The acrylic painting is my favorite---very well done! I like the layout--how it's off to the side---beautiful.

I love the paper mosaic too----I recognize those punches! Haha---I may have to borrow this idea. Did you seal it with anything?

Great job! I love it all---your partner was very lucky!
Thanks!! :eek: If there's another round, I'd love to partner with you! You make amazing crafts!

I totally lucked out with the shadowbox. I had previously purchased a "Fantasy" stack of scrapbook paper from Joann's. It was on sale and I thought it was cool - even though I don't scrapbook - and that I'd find a use for it. When I was looking for the background, I remembered I had that stack and sure enough if the one wasn't EXACTLY meant to be in the box. It couldn't have been more perfect!! The Belle is the 3D scrapbook stickers you find at Michael's or Joann's. I don't recall the brand, but I'm sure it's what you're thinking of.

The rose heart is an iron-on embroidered patch, but when I saw it, I knew how perfect it would be as a Beauty and the Beast item. Especially adding in "...tale as old as time..." And yeah, I love that it's not in-you-face Disney, but still very much Disney.

I just kinda decided to try my hand at painting the Mickey. I love to color so why not? :animwink: Funny story, this was the second one I made. The first was too large to fit in the box and after going through a lot of work to make a box that fit the dimensions of the paper tile sign, I thought it'd be easier just to do a second Mickey. So I did.

And the paper tile mosaic was inspired by Perfect Paper Mosaics which I checked out of the library. Man, it's harder than it looks in the book! :lol: I sealed it first with Mod Podge and then went over each tile individually with this stuff called "Dimensional Magic" which gives it a glossy, 3D look. Or at least is supposed to. It too is a little tricky to work with. Heh. I was worried that it didn't come out as great as I had hoped, so the Mickey painting was a last-minute extra just in case she hated the sign.

Thanks so much for the lovely comments!! I really had an absolute blast putting it all together!
-m

MissM

The paper mosaic is even more beautiful in person than the pictures show :) Miss M. really spoiled me with this swap
I'm SO relieved you like it. I was so worried. I made a panicked post on my Livejournal asking my friends if it looked good enough to send. *laughs* I underestimated the complexity of the paper tile process and was afraid you'd hate it. So biiiiig whew!

By the way, I'm leaning against my Ariel pillow at the moment. It's on my computer chair for a little extra lumbar support and it's nice and soft and comfy! :D
-m

Ilovewishes

I pick up a new one every time I'm at the world. Unfortunately, I'm not usually done the one I'm working on or done any of the others that I have when I get the new ones so I have a back log. I just love collecting them. I'm sure I'll get a new one on my next trip in December. I also check out the Stoney Creek website to see if they've released any new Disney kits yet so I know which ones to look for. I can't wait to hit the new Art of Disney store on Main Street in December. :D

I have the Disney sewing where Mickey is painting himself. I've done about four rows so far. Because it's just for me, I keep putting other projects as a higher priority and I'm just not getting anywhere!

We don't get many Disney cross stitches in Britain. They usually say "only available in the USA". It's so annoying!

Mystic

I have the Disney sewing where Mickey is painting himself. I've done about four rows so far. Because it's just for me, I keep putting other projects as a higher priority and I'm just not getting anywhere!

We don't get many Disney cross stitches in Britain. They usually say "only available in the USA". It's so annoying!

These particular Disney ones you can only get at Disney World or Disneyland, they don't sell them outside the parks so you either have to get them while you're there or you have to call Disney merchandising (you can get the number off the Stoney Creek Disney page) and have Disney ship them too you but the shipping cost is really high. That's why I buy so many whenever I'm at the World. I'm heading down in December so I'm sure I'll be coming home with at least 1 if not 2 more.

SewIn2Disney

I don't know how I forgot about these! Recently, I've become obsessed with making resin jewerly. Resin is a 2 part chemical product, then when mixed and poured into a mold, becomes hard. It dries crystal clear, and it allows you to embed objects into. When hard, I drill holes into them and attach jewerly findings. I also sand and buff them with a dremel.
Anyway---among many many resin pieces--here are the Disney themed ones:
Some paper punches on the left, and a Disney Trivia game piece on the right:

Some confetti collected from the parks (sorry for the bad pic)

A bottle cap with Mickey picture:

A monorail shrinky

A mickey sticker

I have a few more that need some finishing---so i'll post them later.
I plan on selling these at a craft show in a month----what price would you guys pay for a pendant? (They're not all Disney---I have lots of different things)

SewIn2Disney

I love the castle one! That's really cool. Resin's neat. I think I might have to look into this one of these days. You can never have too many types of crafts, right? :lol:
Thanks----how could one not get into resin after all the threads on crafster about it?
It is really addictive. I just wish I could get a better picture of those two pendants---for some reason, they are so hard to photograph!

SewIn2Disney

ok folks---if you're not tired of me yet---here's some more stuff.
I consider the Potato Head family part of Disney----so here's a shirt I made for a "silly t-shirt party" I attended last week:

Close up:

The whole shirt:

SewIn2Disney

And I also did some easter egg dying---and most had a Disney theme---

Spaceship Earth!

Mickey Parts

Mr. Potato Head

And some Mickey heads:

SewIn2Disney

Ok---we need to revive this thread---I'm the only one posting!
Here's some Pumpkins that my boyfriend and I carved last weekend. I made one from my sister two--it's the leopard print one with the Jeep cut out.

Mine is on the left, my sisters in the front, and my boyfriends on the right.

Here's mine....just solid mickeys cut all the way around like a lantern. (it was taken from a park decoration from Tokyo I think) It casts cool shadows on the walls and ceilings. I gave up with the stupid little knives and used a dremmel to cut mine out....lol

And my boyfriends...he used a pattern from a Disney book. Its mickey dressed up in a cape.

dove_

SO glad this thread got revived! The weather's getting colder and I'm catching the crafting bug here at college.

SewIn2Disney... your pumpkins don't look real! They're so perfect and clean and everything! But the carving is awesome. :)

bgoebel

okay no way near the skill of others on this posting but I made this t-shirt (one for each of my dd- 5 and 2 ) for our upcoming december trip with matching grosgrain barette. The shirt is cordouroy and red cotton polka dot fabric fused on and then around the edge I hand stitched with embroidery floss to give it a handcrafted touch. I'm so excited for them to wear them. I might add ribbon to shirt somewhere to. Haven't decided.
004.jpg

003.jpg

SewIn2Disney

SO glad this thread got revived! The weather's getting colder and I'm catching the crafting bug here at college.

SewIn2Disney... your pumpkins don't look real! They're so perfect and clean and everything! But the carving is awesome. :)
oops! should have mentioned that they're the fake carvable pumpkins you see at craft stores this time of year. No goopy mess to scoop out! (Just styrofoam dust!) I would never use a dremmel on a real pumpkin...lol

and bgoebel, your shirt is adorable! I always make something special for Disney trips (backpacks, water bottle holders, etc) and the CM's always comment....I'm sure your little girl will get lots of compliments!

SewIn2Disney

Here's some more pics. I just got my first teaching job and completly decked my classroom out Disney-style.

Here's our Daily Schedule: (yes, those are all hand drawn---no clip art for me!)

Our pencil jars:

My Birthday wall:

Our specials schedule and bathroom passes (cut out of wood and painted by me)

My very first bulletin board (with all the teachers names on monkeys)

And a close up of the garland that hangs over my window:

I don't want to post it because it has mine and my students names on it, but one side of my door has the MMC logo and says "Welcome to the Magical World of Third Grade" and the other side says Ms. _____'s Mousketeers with each of the students names written on mouse ears.

So yeah. Not so much "crafting" but I did make everything, and I figured if anything, everyone here would enjoy it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom