Disney Crafting...

Disnut

Here's some more pics. I just got my first teaching job and completly decked my classroom out Disney-style.

Here's our Daily Schedule: (yes, those are all hand drawn---no clip art for me!)

Our pencil jars:

My Birthday wall:

Our specials schedule and bathroom passes (cut out of wood and painted by me)

My very first bulletin board (with all the teachers names on monkeys)

And a close up of the garland that hangs over my window:

I don't want to post it because it has mine and my students names on it, but one side of my door has the MMC logo and says "Welcome to the Magical World of Third Grade" and the other side says Ms. _____'s Mousketeers with each of the students names written on mouse ears.

So yeah. Not so much "crafting" but I did make everything, and I figured if anything, everyone here would enjoy it.
I love your room. I wish teachers here would do things like that. Maybe some do but...

Christine43

Here's some more pics. I just got my first teaching job and completly decked my classroom out Disney-style.

Here's our Daily Schedule: (yes, those are all hand drawn---no clip art for me!)

Our pencil jars:

My Birthday wall:

I don't want to post it because it has mine and my students names on it, but one side of my door has the MMC logo and says "Welcome to the Magical World of Third Grade" and the other side says Ms. _____'s Mousketeers with each of the students names written on mouse ears.

So yeah. Not so much "crafting" but I did make everything, and I figured if anything, everyone here would enjoy it.

I absolutely love this room, it's incredible. If I walked into my child's school room and it looked like this I would be absolutely delighted. I think it's wonderful that you put so much of yourself in designing this room. Good job!

Minnietoo

Our pencil jars:

My Birthday wall:

what a great thread! Every one is so talented! I make custom clothes for my kids for the parks. When I have a chance I will post some!

I wanted to comment on this 3rd grade class room. OMG it is too cute!!! My little girl is in 3rd grade and I am not fond of her teacher can she be in your class?!?!

MissM

Here's my Mickey Vampire pumpkin I carved last year. (It's a foam one so I just took the pic the other day but it's last year's carving.)

mickey-pumpkin2007a.jpg

mickey-pumpkin2007b.jpg

I haven't carved up mine this year but I thought I'd show off the quickie carving I did last year. (We were trying to hurry up and decorate my friend's house late Halloween afternoon last year and I did this one since it was a simple pattern.) It's pretty cute though not perfect, but that's ok, Mickey still rocks. :lol:

SewIn2Disney

Ooh--Miss M, your pumpkin is too cute! I have that pattern, and now that I see how great it looks done, I may have to make one too. Aren't the fake pumpkins great?

MissM

Ooh--Miss M, your pumpkin is too cute! I have that pattern, and now that I see how great it looks done, I may have to make one too. Aren't the fake pumpkins great?
Thanks! And yeah, I love that I can get my own "pumpkin patch" going and get to enjoy them year after year instead of having to toss them out! :D

sillyspook13

I also have a Disney pumpkin. I didn't see any Epcot patterns around so I made my own.

Here it is with a blue led light...
IMG_4968.jpg

In regular light...
IMG_4966.jpg

And all lit up with the other pumpkins...
IMG_4992.jpg

kbmum

Here are some sites for Disney pumpkin carving patterns. The patterns can be made into stencils for other crafts, too. :)

Disney Family site with patterns for Mickey, Minnie, Pooh, Tigger, Snow White, and Goofy (free):

http://family.go.com/holidays/pkg-pumpkin-templates/

JP's Jammin' Pumpkins has a great Sorcerer's Apprentice in the kids' stuff section -- I'm carving this one tomorrow -- and Davy Jones, Barbosa, Chernobog body, and Chernobog face in the movies & TV section (nominal fee):

http://www.jamminpumpkins.com/

Zombie Pumpkins has Eyeore, Cinderella, Snow White, Tigger, Lightning McQueen, Stitch, Maleficent as a dragon, and Mr. Incredible in the Kreatures for Kids section; Davy Jones and Barbosa in the Movie Monsters section; Captain Jack in the Heroic Headliners section; and The Nightmare Before Christmas in the Burton's Nightmares section (nominal fee):

http://www.zombiepumpkins.com/patterns.php

I've carved patterns from both the JP and Zombie sites, and all of the patterns were excellent. I think I posted these last year, but here are the Chernobog body and Maleficent dragon pumpkins. Just a little warning -- Chernobog was a difficult pattern.

Chernabog2.jpg

Maleficent2.jpg

dukehoopsfan

kbmum ~

Thanks for the great websites. Since we have already carved the pumpkins for this year - I'll shop the clearance aisles for "fake" pumpkins and carve Disney pumpkins for next year!

kbmum

I carved three pumpkins this year, two of which are Disney-related. :)

Sorcerer's Apprentice
sorcapprentice1.jpg

POTC Flying Dutchman (this is the name on the pattern, but it isn't exactly like the ship in the movie)
flyingdutchmanpumpkin.jpg

sillyspook13

I was cleaning up around the house and going through some things when I found a drawing that I did several years ago. It is based on several photo references: one for the pose and maybe 6-7 different angles to get the details right. The drawing is in brush pen, gel pen, colored pencil and marker.
IMG_5180.jpg

tare

i love your scarf you are so talented!!!!!!i found your directions and i am going to give it to my sister!!!!

kbmum

This thread has been quiet for a while. Time to start it up again! :) I decoupaged lightswitch plates for my house. I need to make one for Epcot, but I'm still looking for the right images.

MKlightswitchplate.jpg
AKlightswitchplate.jpg
HSlightswitchplate.jpg
towerofterrorswitchplate.jpg

MeTa

Here are some pics of my kids room, I made the letters in the yellow room from scratch and I recreated the lighting logo on my computer (I do design work) and had it printed out on a large format printer. I posted one of these rooms before. But my kid has now turned two and its time for his upgrade due to a new brother coming his way.

Here is the first room I posted again, followed by his new room.
IMG_3704.JPG

IMG_3703.JPG

IMG_3702.JPG

IMG_3700.JPG

IMG_3701.JPG

And the new room, still needs a few accessories but its getting there:
IMG_3698.JPG

IMG_3694.JPG

IMG_3695.JPG

IMG_3696.JPG

IMG_3699.JPG

foreverbelle

Here are some pics of my kids room, I made the letters in the yellow room from scratch and I recreated the lighting logo on my computer (I do design work) and had it printed out on a large format printer. I posted one of these rooms before. But my kid has now turned two and its time for his upgrade due to a new brother coming his way.

Here is the first room I posted again, followed by his new room.
IMG_3704.JPG

IMG_3703.JPG

IMG_3702.JPG

IMG_3700.JPG

IMG_3701.JPG

And the new room, still needs a few accessories but its getting there:
IMG_3698.JPG

IMG_3694.JPG

IMG_3695.JPG

IMG_3696.JPG

IMG_3699.JPG

love the rooms!

SewIn2Disney

Ok my fellow Disney craftaholics - I need help!

New year - new classroom - and I need ideas!
I'm still cleaning my classroom, but I'm going to start decorating in a few days, and this year I want to go with more of a Disney World theme rather then just a Mickey theme. I still have my Monorail and Castle that I made last year (see pictures in post #180), but I want to take the theme further. I'm teaching Kindergarten now, so the theme must be on the "easy" side.

So far I have "It's a Small Word Wall" rather then "world" for my word wall, and "Lend a Helping Hand" (using Mickey's Hands) for our Job Helper chart.

I need ideas that relate to (preferably) Magic Kingdom rides to go along with the following:
Birthday Chart
Daily Schedule
Math Charts
Back to School Bulletin Board

--and anything else attraction themed that you can come up with! I'd love to try to incorporate Dumbo, Teacups, The WDW Railroad, Space Mountain, and the other classics.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom