Disney Crafting...

bgoebel

Few quick thoughts what about "we're all ears" as your bulletin board or even rule board and have mousketeer ears with kids names on it. (I know it's not a ride but it's what I got).
You could even do "ready to splash into a new year" and have splash mountain and take pic's of kids as if they are in rides (hands up) and put them in log flume.
Counting (dwarfs for up to 7) and then you got me after 7....
I work in the schools as a speech path. Today was our first day. I would love to have a classroom to do disney theme to but oh well.
Okay...that's all I got, but I think your gonna have me continue to be thinking of ideas when my brain is less fried!!

SewIn2Disney

I like those! Last year I had my door decorated Mousketeer style and the sign said Miss _____'s Mousketeers, and I made mouse ears for each student.

I had my bf giving me ideas too---I have a bunch of ideas for a Back to School bulletin board--it's going to be hard to narrow down.
I'll still take anything anyone else comes up with though!

Time to revive this thread for the Christmas season!

I haven't done any Disney crafting yet this year, but here's a photo of one of the stockings I made last year:

n67100248_30607910_6989.jpg

I made 4 of these, 2 red and 2 green. It's just the plain felt style stocking you can buy almost anywhere, I got mine at Joanns. And then just bought the small sheets of felt in a variety of shades, the ones you can get for like 25 cents per sheet. Used my Mickey head cookie cutter to trace the largest one and then photocopied it to shrink it down for the smaller ones. Put it on card stock to make a sturdy pattern. I think I used just regular old tacky glue and then some glitter glue for the names. You could probably get a bit fancier with the letters but I had a tough time with the glitter glue. I was a little worried to screw it up and have to do the felt part all over again :) They hang from our character stocking holders from disneystore.com. The cost of this project was probably about $3 or $4 per stocking.

I also made a Mickey head shaped wreath, similar to the one they sell on disneystore.com but for like 1/5th the price. Just buy a plain, round evergreen wreath and some extra evergreen garland....shape the extra garland into the ears, attach a large red bow on top of the "head" and viola! No photo of that yet, I'll try to take one when I break out my decorations this week :) Total cost for the wreath was around $5, maybe a little more if you don't have 40% coupons for Joanns!

But now I'm not sure what to make this year....anyone else have some Disney Christmas craft ideas?

SewIn2Disney

I have tons of Christmas crafting things that are Disney related---probably half of which are already on this thread.

These are some wreaths I made last year as gifts---each in a different color scheme.

2926772570077976460S500x500Q85.jpg

2669223800077976460S500x500Q85.jpg

2187170720077976460S500x500Q85.jpg

This is my crafting blog----and here's the link to the Disney category. I do have to update it with the things from my classroom, and a few other things I've made---I've been too busy to update!

http://sewin2disney.wordpress.com/category/disney/

SewIn2Disney

Not Christmas-y, but over the summer, I had an engagement party, and made Mickey Mouse rice krispie treats like the ones you see in the parks---

SewIn2Disney

Here's some things from my kindergarten classroom:
Cars themed bulletin board:

The Door---it says "Admission to the Magical World of Kindergarten" on it, with all the kids names on admission tickets. The word welcome was die cut from my Cricut machine.

Birthday wall:

Nemo's Numbers:

Colors:

Their job chart is "Mickey's Helping Hands"

For Behavior, we have the Pixie Dust Jar. Everytime the class, as a whole, is being good, or gets a compliment from another teacher, they get a pixie dust ball (cotton balls covered with glitter). When the jar is full, they get a prize (extra recess, popcorn party, etc). The jar was an old Bug Catcher jar that I painted the lid of and made a label.

Close up of the pixie dust balls

LoriMistress

All of these art work/craft projects/etc. are excellent. I need to scan a pic of the costume my mom made in the 80's. It's a Snow White costume.

SewIn2Disney

OK---onto something else! The insane amount of snow in the northeast yesterday forced me to sit down and finally make this.

When I was in WDW in November, I saw this shirt and fell in love with it. But, I'm trying to save up to buy a house (so I can go crazy and decorate!), and I didn't buy it. I took a picture, figuring I could make it.

I made a stencil out of freezer paper (freezer paper is awesome---it irons right on!), and used a scrapbook punch to make the teardrop shape inside the ornament. After it was all positioned and ironed on, I painted it with white fabric paint (it took about 6 layers to cover!). When it was dry, I peeled off the freezer paper and used sparkly green paint to make the dots.

Disney's shirt? Probably close to if not over $30, and made out of thin fabric.
My shirt? $6
Very nice.

Laura

Premium Member
Not Christmas-y, but over the summer, I had an engagement party, and made Mickey Mouse rice krispie treats like the ones you see in the parks---

I made some of those this year too! I won one of those in-home Disney parks parties back around Easter and I made about 50 of those things to hand out to guests afterwards. They were SO insanely delicious, but such a pain to make!

SewIn2Disney

I made some of those this year too! I won one of those in-home Disney parks parties back around Easter and I made about 50 of those things to hand out to guests afterwards. They were SO insanely delicious, but such a pain to make!

That sounds interesting---where did you win such a prize---in the parks? Tell more!

SewIn2Disney

**NOTE** This is not my artwork!

Etsy is a website designed to allow people to list and sell their homemade items. I may have mentioned it on this thread before.
Anyway---look at what I found on there today. Someone has done a few acrylic paintings depicting retro-Epcot.
Their store name is "A Pigment of Imagination" (How appropriate!), and here is a link to the store with the rest of their items:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/aPigment

This one is my favorite:
il_fullxfull.94560182.jpg

I want them all!

hack2112

**NOTE** This is not my artwork!

Etsy is a website designed to allow people to list and sell their homemade items. I may have mentioned it on this thread before.
Anyway---look at what I found on there today. Someone has done a few acrylic paintings depicting retro-Epcot.
Their store name is "A Pigment of Imagination" (How appropriate!), and here is a link to the store with the rest of their items:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/aPigment

I want them all!
Including this one?

il_fullxfull.88997968.jpg

(Someone has Seas issues...)

Also, I found this EPCOT Center cup up for sale by another seller too:

il_fullxfull.90591999.jpg

The only problem is the seller supposedly got it in the 1970's! Here's the link.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom