Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

misterID

So you think TT 2.0 is a new attraction, but the Frozen attraction (that you haven't even seen yet) doesn't qualify? You don't think that's a double standard?

But they don't count. They don't LUV Disney like you do.

Yeah, nobody has- that's my point.

Interesting that you bring up SSE. It is wonderful that Epcot is so brimming with culture and learning, isn't it? Perhaps we thank the Phoenicians?
I think you really missed the point. Frozen won't be a new ride (it's an overlay)... It's like calling TT 2.0 a new ride. And I personally won't miss Maelstrom. I might actually like the Frozen attraction. It still doesn't fit in WS, which is the whole... you know... argument. Dumbing down the park by sacrificing the aspects people actually like, for reasons you don't really need to appeal to a demographic you're not hurting for, it's going to upset people who do love the park. EPCOT doesn't need Frozen, other parks could have benefited from the ride.

Mike S

Good one Mike.

Now is TDO having anything to do with this attraction or is Burbank taking care of if because if Burbank is taking care of it, we might have a chance that this ride will be something.
I just get my info from the trusted people on this site and from everything that's been said this ride will be a cheap rush job (remember, 15-18 months is fast for Disney).

lebeau

I think you really missed the point. Frozen won't be a new ride (it's an overlay)... It's like calling TT 2.0 a new ride. And I personally won't miss Maelstrom. I might actually like the Frozen attraction. It still doesn't fit in WS, which is the whole... you know... argument. Dumbing down the park by sacrificing the aspects people actually like, for reasons you don't really need to appeal to a demographic you're not hurting for, it's going to upset people who do love the park. EPCOT doesn't need Frozen, other parks could have benefited from the ride.

This right here.

I have ridden Maelstrom 3 times in my life. The third time this summer was only because I knew it would be my final opportunity to do so. I'm not a fan.

I like Frozen. I've been a big defender of the movie against those who think it has been over-done. Odds are, I will like a Frozen ride more than I liked Maelstrom.

It's the decision to put it in the WS that is the problem.

I just get my info from the trusted people on this site and from everything that's been said this ride will be a cheap rush job (remember, 15-18 months is fast for Disney).
Ah yes. If takes almost 5 years to create a New Fantasyland, it's almost certain that this will most likely be a dud.

- B.

Neither of those attractions attempt to tell a story like SDMR does with its show scenes. It's not fair to those attractions to judge them by that same standard.

What would be fair to judge are the quality of the respective coaster designs and general environment. Space Mountain and BTMRR easily win these battles.
You say that you've never been on SDMT. I can assure you that the surrounding area, the queue, and the ride experience is quite comparable to SM or BTMRR.

- B.

jensenrick

I think you really missed the point. Frozen won't be a new ride (it's an overlay)... It's like calling TT 2.0 a new ride.

which is what the other poster did, did you miss that?

And I personally won't miss Maelstrom. I might actually like the Frozen attraction. It still doesn't fit in WS, which is the whole... you know... argument.

Yes, I know. That IS the whole argument. :bored: **yawn**

Yet some want to wail, gnash their teeth and rend their hair-shirts or fall on their swords.
Wow, to have such problems.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If EPCOT were designed today with modern fan input... this is what Disney would build

-----------------------------------------
If EPCOT Center were imagined today under the leadership of Bob Iger and today's WDI leaders listening to what today's fans wanted... what would they build?

They would build.. EPCOT Studios

The front half of the park would be Future World with some familar pavilions..

We enter the park under Spaceship Earth..
- Spaceship Earth - where we explore the galaxy learning about the planets from from our own space ranger BuZZZZ Lightyear! You shoot aliens with your light guns as we fly through the galaxy

beyond Spaceship earth we enter.. Stark Expo!
- A permanent exposition of technology and products from all the world's richest corporations!

To the left, we approach the Universe of Energy
- In the Universe of Energy, we are guided through how the world relies on symbiotic relations by Master Yoda

Next, we have The World of Motion
- Ride with Lightning McQueen through the race track with your crew chief Mater!
- Don't forget to purchase all your Cars! merchandise

On the other side of Future World.. we start with The Living Seas
- Ride the EAC with Nemo and friends in your sea cab!
- Meet and interact with Crush the Turtle

Next, we have the The Land Pavilion
- Take a landspeeder tour through Tatooine and see how moisture farmers can feed a population on a desert planet!
- Eat lunch at the Mos Eisley Cantina if you dare!

Next we have the The Force Pavilion
- Come see were your imagination takes you as you build your lightsabers and get instructions from Jedi Master yoda himself!
- See what the force can do in live demonstrations!

Beyond Future World.. we have World Showcase where you can see various countries of the world all in one place!

The Up! South American Pavilion
- Come ride in Carl’s house as you fly to Paradise Falls! (reskinned star tours clone)
- Meet Carl & Russell & Dug characters!
- Take photos of Kevin in a plastic jungle set!

The Norway Pavilion
- Ride with Kristoff and Anna trying to save Elsa in an fast paced sled ride!
- Come join the Elsa in the sing-along
- Meet Olaf the snowman!

The China Pavilion featuring Mulan!
- View ancient armor that inspired Mulan!
- Meet Mulan in your favorate character spot
- View the Mulan film as you never have with stunning 360 images!

The German Pavilion
- Join Indiana Jones as he tries to escape the Germans and Castle Brunwald (no Nazis – can’t have that!)
- There is a pinocchio and geppetto Meet & Greet – that is never staffed
- Eat in the Beirgarten food court!

The Italian Pavilion
- Enjoy the ancient Greek ruins with Hades and Hercules!

The American Adventure
- See Captain America and the Avengers save the USA in the action packed Marvel stunt show spectacular!

Japan Pavilion
- Come eat Sushi in Disney’s high end signature sushi restaurant – Open only for Dinner and FP+ holders who book 200 days in advance

Morroco Pavilion
- Come ride the magic carpet with Aladdin!
- Enjoy pseudo-Moroccan food in the M&G Dinner featuring Jasmin and Jafar

France Pavilion
- Run through the kitchen with Remy in the 3d adventure
- Enjoy food court dining at Remy’s

United Kingdom
- Learn to shoot with Miridia in the virtual archery range!
- Explore the Scottish castle and eat lunch at the local pub

Canada
- Explore the wilderness in this wonderful circlevision film hosted by the cast of Brother Bear!
-----------------------------------------
http://coreplex.blogspot.com/2014/09/what-if-epcot-were-created-today-under.html

flynnibus

Premium Member
So admittedly I've missed about, I dunno, 70 pages in this thread in the past couple days, can I assume all the Coca Cola discussion has zero to do with Frozen replacing Maelstrom?

Sure - if you are the camp that thinks World Showcase has zero to do with why Frozen shouldn't go in.

misterID

Yet some want to wail, gnash their teeth and rend their hair-shirts or fall on their swords.

I was responding to you.

And yet you're still participating in the thread you're complaining about. It's actually a good thing people care about the park this much.

lebeau

Yes. Clearly it's not at all pathetic to spend your time and energy telling other people what they should and shouldn't be upset about...

prberk

EPCOT isn't in dire need of an attendance bump. It's the second most popular park at WDW and one of Disney's most visited parks. AK and DHS need the bump. MK needs added compacity. This was a cheap solution to place a Frozen attraction in the parks, and so poorly thought out that it's going to cause massive congestion in WS. If any part of EPCOT had an identity crisis it's FutureWorld, not WS, and they had ample space and availble refurb ready projects to help create an identity and construct a fantastic new E-ticket.

Lets not be naive, this isnt a move to help EPCOT, it's all about that new giftshop they'll be building in Norway... along with an overlay attraction.

Has anyone asked any of the Norwegian exchange students who work the Norway pavillion what they think?

I would love to hear their opinions. I really enjoy talking to them about their culture, and I usually buy a candy bar or some other item from Norway.

I personally really love the stave church and viking ship as well.

While, like most of the WS countries, the notions presented are somewhat archetypal, if not stereotypical, I do think that they do a good job of intruducing people to the foundational culture to the country represented. And I think that the Norway pavillion for a long time did that the best.

PhotoDave219

Has anyone asked any of the Norwegian exchange students who work the Norway pavillion what they think?

I would love to hear their opinions. I really enjoy talking to them about their culture, and I usually buy a candy bar or some other item from Norway.

I personally really love the stave church and viking ship as well.

While, like most of the WS countries, the notions presented are somewhat archetypal, if not stereotypical, I do think that they do a good job of intruducing people to the foundational culture to the country represented. And I think that the Norway pavillion for a long time did that the best.

I tried to but they were too busy talking with their off-duty ICP friends

BigTxEars

Jenna-Marbles-Cant-Even-Believe-It.gif

Was that an answer? :)

The conceptural ideal of a education WS is great and one that would simply be awesome to see, the reality is that it's a huge very well themed retail area.

Using Mexico as a example (it's the first country we always go to) what is the educational aspect of it?

Using Japan (my favorite area of WS) what is they far the largest area there? That awesome giant retail store. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom