Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Texas84

Well, I polled the family (those who care about Disney) and they are all excited about this. I'm surprised.

I'm going to miss the oil rigs and fishing village. We can keep the fishing village can't we?

jensenrick

I was responding to you.

And yet you're still participating in the thread you're complaining about. It's actually a good thing people care about the park this much.

I'm not the one complaining. (although it is off-putting to constantly be called stupid-but c'est la vie)

"Care" is an interesting word. Of course, everyone is the hero of their own story.

Tigger1988

This is such an easy argument in favor of this to trounce and stomp on that I'm surprised people even bring it up anymore. Desperation to justify each and every decision from Disney I suppose. Well, here I go.
View attachment 65961 View attachment 65962
How many times must I bring this up before it sinks in? I'll spell it out for you: the tourism board does not equal the people of Norway.
And neither does the one person in those screencaps. This just goes in circles. Unless you poll every Norwegian citizen it's a lame argument on both sides.

You can stop repeatedly posting them now.

BigTxEars

This is such an easy argument in favor of this to trounce and stomp on that I'm surprised people even bring it up anymore. Desperation to justify each and every decision from Disney I suppose. Well, here I go.
View attachment 65961 View attachment 65962
How many times must I bring this up before it sinks in? I'll spell it out for you: the tourism board does not equal the people of Norway.

Sooooo we need to take a national poll of the folks in Norway to get the answer to this question of what we do in Florida? OK that would carry some weight in the matter, see if you can find some substantial data. The two talking heads you posted do not exactly represent all the "people of Norway". At the end of the day though it's not Norway's call, they seem to have opted out of that process.

And here goes the implication that I am just to dense to understand.....typical low level debating skills :)

Mike S

Well, I polled the family (those who care about Disney) and they are all excited about this. I'm surprised.

I'm going to miss the oil rigs and fishing village. We can keep the fishing village can't we?
Not singling you out but I wonder how the people excited for this would feel if they knew the exact situation behind it. Specifically the cheap crap we're getting compared to Tokyo. Would they still be excited or wonder why Disney's best theme park work for Frozen will only be in Japan and not the U.S.? Food for thought.

BigTxEars

I said in that very quote Educational was the wrong word.

And being a long time member here I can tell you the "stick in the mud" folks are huge Disney fans who hold WDW to the Disney Standard that TWDC created and touted... and used to believe in. DLR fans have proven holding them to that standard, pointing out the flaws, and refusing to accept mediocrity works to change things. These types of threads are good things. Being happy and accepting of everything, even the crap you don't like is the wrong way to go.

How about being unhappy about and not accepting of anything that Disney does? Is that the right way to go? Cause a few folks on here sure seem to be in that boat.

Not sure what the huge Disney fans are fans of these days since they never seem to do anything but moan and groan about Disney's greed and stupidity. And feel the need to imply that anybody who does not agree with them lockstep of being too stupid to know better.

Disney makes me happy that is why I go and hang out around here. If they choose to hang out to do nothing but moan then that is fine as well, it's their time after all. There is a difference between being critical and just waiting to jump on Disney anytime they announce anything.

BigTxEars

As far as "edutainment" goes, it's nice to have, but it's not necessary in today's society. Technology and culture have changed significantly in the past 30 years. Now, if you want to know about Norway or China or wherever, you can do a google search. There is a plethora of resources available if you have the desire.

No doubt. The internet changed the entire relevance of places like Epcot as a educational tool. If Epcot is not willing to change as society does then they will be even more irrelevant IMO.

Mike S

How about being unhappy about and not accepting of anything that Disney does? Is that the right way to go? Cause a few folks on here sure seem to be in that boat.

Not sure what the huge Disney fans are fans of these days since they never seem to do anything but moan and groan about Disney's greed and stupidity. And feel the need to imply that anybody who does not agree with them lockstep of being too stupid to know better.

Disney makes me happy that is why I go and hang out around here. If they choose to hang out to do nothing but moan then that is fine as well, it's their time after all. There is a difference between being critical and just waiting to jump on Disney anytime they announce anything.
I don't remember being mad about the Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean refurbs. Or when Expedition Everest and Soarin' opened. Or even when there was a huge rumor that we were getting Cars Land. Strange, thought someone said we didn't accept anything. Weird.

BigTxEars

I don't remember being mad about the Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean refurbs. Or when Expedition Everest and Soarin' opened. Strange, thought someone said we didn't accept anything. Weird.

Not sure but I take it from your post you group yourself with the mentioned "stick in the mud" people? Because those folks are just too grumpy, you might want to form a group who only moans about some stuff..... :)

I don't remember calling you out as one of them, but I think you would admit to at least seeing a few of them on these forums.

lazyboy97o

The whole purpose of Epcot is outdated, sad to say.

World Fairs have been defunct for a while now. The internet and other mass media made them irrelevant.
True and I would agree sad in many ways. Same thing with encyclopedias, those went bye bye as well and I loved those things when I was young. :(
Expo 2010 in Shanghai was HUGE. Expo 2012 in Yeosu was intentionally smaller as part of an alternation pattern and Expo 2015 will be in Milan.

FigmentJedi

No place for a detailed recreation of a Norwegian fishing village in the new NINO pavilion (Norway in name only). Really sad when you think about it.
Ahh, the "-INO" acronym series, the gift that keeps on giving that was one of the good things to come out of the terrible '98 Godzilla.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom