Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Mike S

Well, I'm an Anthropology Major, so I should know what the people like.

Just kidding. No, I totally agree with your approach. I forgot what duds those two attractions were.

-B.

P.S. Don't make the new girl look stupid
As short as SDMT is I will give it one thing, the scene in the mine is pretty cool and I do like it a lot. But one good scene does not a great ride make. It's the equivalent of having POTC being an all outdoor flume and then going inside a building just for the burning town scene then exiting said building and going to unload. It would just make you want more.

I guess this is a glimpse of Tom Fitzgerald's new "creative direction", with the purpose of "restoring the original intent of the park in both Future World and World Showcase". As I recall, World Showcase in '82 was brimming with characters from Disney movies. Oh wait...
Just look at Tom's record.

That's why I was extremely puzzled on why they let this man take over the helm. It's going to be disastrous for Epcot.

- B.

As short as SDMT is I will give it one thing, the scene in the mine is pretty cool and I do like it a lot. But one good scene does not a great ride make. It's the equivalent of having POTC being an all outdoor flume and then going inside a building just for the burning town scene then exiting said building and going to unload. It would just make you want more.
You just proved my first argument.

With SDMT, the main issue was the length of the ride. Physically, the ride is gorgeous. The theming was top-notch, let's not lie. The show scenes were well executed.

Am I wrong to say that fans and the general public were pleased with the show scenes?

My point is that fans and the general public love big sets, theming, and animatronics. SDMT give us only a taste of that, and it left us begging for more.

- B.

Tony Perkis

With SDMT, the main issue was the length of the ride. Physically, the ride is gorgeous. The theming was top-notch, let's not lie. The show scenes were well executed.

Am I wrong to say that fans and the general public were pleased with the show scenes?

My point is that fans and the general public love big sets, theming, and animatronics. SDMT give us only a taste of that, and it left us begging for more.

- B.
I'm only speaking strictly from on-ride POVs (I'm not making a special trip from Dallas to ride a kiddie coaster), but my issue with the ride is simply that it doesn't look like it follows any story. It's got a nice indoor show scene and nice animatronics at the very end, but the ride just.....ends. There really isn't a cohesive story attached to it.

asianway

Do you goto www.coke.com and expect to find hordes of content about how people hate Coke? The blog is a marketing outlet - nothing more. It is NOT a neutral or open engagement portal. It is NOT a community site. No one should be shocked it doesn't allow two way comms - that's not its purpose.
I bet there's coke message boards still talking about the switch to HFCS

jensenrick

Is this a new attraction, or a repurposed one? There is a difference. Because we can call TT 2.0 the TRON experience (I love the new version btw) as the last new attraction, which was just a couple years ago.

So you think TT 2.0 is a new attraction, but the Frozen attraction (that you haven't even seen yet) doesn't qualify? You don't think that's a double standard?

I'm sure people will love this attraction..

But they don't count. They don't LUV Disney like you do.

And refering to EPCOT as a museum of rigid ideals ... I don't think I've ever visited this EPCOT.

Yeah, nobody has- that's my point.

I've visited the EPCOT that was full of culture and originality, that tapped into something far more significant than the average Magic Kingdom yuck yuck 3 minute ride experience. It's the difference between having SSE and SSE featuring Stitch. I'm sure there would be people who would LOVE that and I think stupid is too nice of a word for them, but that's just my personal opinion.

Interesting that you bring up SSE. It is wonderful that Epcot is so brimming with culture and learning, isn't it? Perhaps we thank the Phoenicians?

wdwgreek

The Spirit of Norway is soon to be no more, no more thundering, or fishing village. Hopefully they'll do the Frozen ride justice, gut the building and not repurpose the same track with new scenes.

I'm only speaking strictly from on-ride POVs (I'm not making a special trip from Dallas to ride a kiddie coaster), but my issue with the ride is simply that it doesn't look like it follows any story. It's got a nice indoor show scene and nice animatronics at the very end, but the ride just.....ends. There really isn't a cohesive story attached to it.
Sure there's a story... A backstory maybe, not the strongest of stories.

Does BTMRR or Space Mountain really have a cohesive story. I mean, excluding the whole "Tumbleweed" backstory, would a normal guest really know what's going on at BTMRR?

Mike S

Have we forgotten about Splash Mountain? The Great Movie Ride? Dinosaur? Expedition Everest (Yeti Functioning)? Tower of Terror?

You don't think those attractions have the same level of elaborateness as FJ?

I agree with you about how domestic imagineering slowing down these past five years, but to go as far back as 1969?

Nope.

- B.
Also Indiana Jones Adventure, Journey to the Center of the Earth and more recently Radiator Springs Racers and Mystic Manor. Disney can still wow us if they're willing to pony up the dough which brings us right back to the main topic of the Frozen Maelstrom refurd.

lebeau

I did realize that my quality of life seemed to increase when I stopped complaining about things I couldn't control on this site. It might just be a coincidence though! o_O

My quality of life is not in any way impacted by discussions going on here.

It's one thing to defend Disney's decisions. It's quite another to shrug and say "It's happening. Get over it." I disagree with the former. I find the latter to be completely pointless. If you don't like the discussion, don't engage.

PhotoDave219

- B.

Disney always leaves people begging for more.

Phil12

I was a Marketing major and currently work in marketing. You know I have found out through school and my career?

No amount of excellent advertising and marketing can polish a turd.

That's not been my experience at all:
upload_2014-9-15_14-59-53.jpeg

Also Indiana Jones Adventure, Journey to the Center of the Earth and more recently Radiator Springs Racers and Mystic Manor. Disney can still wow is if they're willing to pony up the dough which brings us right back to the main topic of the Frozen Maelstrom refurd.
Good one Mike.

Now is TDO having anything to do with this attraction or is Burbank taking care of if because if Burbank is taking care of it, we might have a chance that this ride will be something.

Tony Perkis

Sure there's a story... A backstory maybe, not the strongest of stories.

Does BTMRR or Space Mountain really have a cohesive story. I mean, excluding the whole "Tumbleweed" backstory, would a normal guest really know what's going on at BTMRR?
Neither of those attractions attempt to tell a story like SDMR does with its show scenes. It's not fair to those attractions to judge them by that same standard.

What would be fair to judge are the quality of the respective coaster designs and general environment. Space Mountain and BTMRR easily win these battles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom