Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

NomeKing88

What I find hysterical is that every "normal" person I've told about this new Frozen ride - what it is and where it's located - gave me the same response.

"Oh... Why?" As in, why did they put it there. Not, "KEWL!" or "I wanna ride that!" but "Oh... Why?"

Matt_Black

Such a dumb business model. Disney has vast amounts of money, probably more than any sponsor they would find would have. It's just sad at this point.

Comcast has enough money that they could run the cable networks they own, like SyFy and USA, without commercials. They run the commercials anyway. Google has enough money that I shouldn't have to watch a 15-second add before I watch a 6-second youtube video, but I do anyway.

jt04

What I find hysterical is that every "normal" person I've told about this new Frozen ride - what it is and where it's located - gave me the same response.

"Oh... Why?" As in, why did they put it there. Not, "KEWL!" or "I wanna ride that!" but "Oh... Why?"

And of course you weren't "leading the witness" since you clearly have no bias.

Sped2424

I'd be OK with something from studio ghibli.
Agreed as it is actually central to Japan's culture
SA.png

Spirited away bathhouse expansion anyone :)

Sped2424

Comcast has enough money that they could run the cable networks they own, like SyFy and USA, without commercials. They run the commercials anyway. Google has enough money that I shouldn't have to watch a 15-second add before I watch a 6-second youtube video, but I do anyway.
The model of build it and they shall come is also important. There was a time where youtube had no ads because they had to build up before they could do that. Make a killer attraction then fish for a sponsor who would be proud to add their name to it.

gmajew

Guests will overwhelmingly approve. Pessimism and cynicism is over represented on these boards. IMO.

Guest will overwhelmingly approve of this ride and not care about the location as the customer is not always right and don't always get it.

This is the wrong location for this ride it may be a great ride and draw millions to the park but t is the wrong spot. It is the responsibility of management to properly use the spaces they have to keep the brand integrity in place and the mission of the park in place.

If Disney is changing EPCOT mission and dropping what it is for millions of fans then they need to change it so everyone knows what they are walking into.

When I walk into magic kingdom I k ow what I am getting. Animal kingdom I get it. Even Hollywood studios I got as bashed and down it is. Epcot has to much going on it is losing its way.

Plus this IP deserved so much more then this it really did. Am I riding it yes is it going to be good I hope so. I just wish it was in the right place

Magenta Panther

Guest will overwhelmingly approve of this ride and not care about the location as the customer is not always right and don't always get it.

This is the wrong location for this ride it may be a great ride and draw millions to the park but t is the wrong spot. It is the responsibility of management to properly use the spaces they have to keep the brand integrity in place and the mission of the park in place.

If Disney is changing EPCOT mission and dropping what it is for millions of fans then they need to change it so everyone knows what they are walking into.

When I walk into magic kingdom I k ow what I am getting. Animal kingdom I get it. Even Hollywood studios I got as bashed and down it is. Epcot has to much going on it is losing its way.

Plus this IP deserved so much more then this it really did. Am I riding it yes is it going to be good I hope so. I just wish it was in the right place

To say it AGAIN, the whole project looks hasty, lazy and greedy. Obvious even to the Disney-dusters. In other news, "Hasty", "Lazy" and "Greedy" are new Dwarfs who will be overlaid onto Sleepy, Sneezy and Dopey as part of the Robert Iger legacy. :p

Mike S

You're right about Comcast in those ways but since this is about theme parks and not TV they don't wait around for needless sponsors to fix what needs fixing in their parks and do it in a timely manner, but I think you already knew that. Too bad you'll never visit. It's your loss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom