Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

jt04

They must have brought in the same magical engineering wizard as was brought in to fix the mine train. Good job magical engineering wizard.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I'm not defending Disney, despite what you think.
Your not?
Disney did it to make money.
Disney is definitely a company that makes a profit at any cost. It's sad that it's become that, but we're the reason, I'm the reason.
Not all of us are the reason. Have you sent any emails or made any phone calls to let them know you are dissapointed on how they are operating the parks? I have, and will continue to do so. Or do you just hand over your money and keep your mouth shut?

I'm just shocked that you aren't realistic about what kind of company Disney has become
The fact that I hold them to their very own (but abandoned) level of standards does not mean Im not realistic about it. The Atlanta Falcons had a horrible season and I have many issues with their management and coaching staff, but I still support the team in hopes that things will improve with better players and staff put in place. But according to your thought process, I should just accept that they are no loner good and will never be good again. Anything less would be shocking I suppose.

Matt_Black

The fact that I hold them to their very own (but abandoned) level of standards does not mean Im not realistic about it. The Atlanta Falcons had a horrible season and I have many issues with their management and coaching staff, but I still support the team in hopes that things will improve with better players and staff put in place. But according to your thought process, I should just accept that they are no loner good and will never be good again. Anything less would be shocking I suppose.

See, now, to continue the analogy, I live in Philadelphia, so I've learned to keep expectations very, very low. Maybe one of our teams will do well and make it to the play-offs. But if they fail, and there's ample evidence to suggest that they will, it's something I'm used to and so it doesn't bother.

Granted, I'm not a huge sports guy, but I do want to see my city win. I'm just not banking on that happening, so I'll enjoy what I can.

Disneyhead'71

How old are your kids? I couldn't take my two year old or four year old on the old Norway ride. Heck, my six year old would probably pee her pants. So like I said, unless you've got older kids, little ones aren't going to be learning about the experience and wonder of Norway from the old troll boat ride. Nowadays kids can go to live feeds of the fjords and FaceTime classmates in Oslo. And so while I agree the World Showcase Norway and Frozen don't go together, Disney did it to make money. Why would you expect anything else? Disney is a for profit company that shoves, mostly fun, garbage down our throats and we eat it up for lots of different reasons.
When my littlest princess was six, her favorite ride was a 310' tall, 96 mph roller coaster.

06c8d2a779c0c3e1514b74a022077dd9.jpg

tribbleorlfl

The one thing I'm hoping is that they have some solid plans on keeping line jumping and place holding in check. Because the standby line is surely going to be 1-2 hours on any given day, I can see a lot of people trying to hold place in line since there's no chance their PLSF's will patiently wait in line that long.

Disneyhead'71

Frozenstrom is just a symptom of a much bigger problem.

Maelstrom was built by a company with idealistic altruistic ethics. They prided themselves on their educational efforts.

Frozenstrom is built by a company where education and critical thinking are antithetical to their goals. They are banking on people's stupidity and apathy here. This is Robert Ripley's "Mermaid" with a little P. T. Barnum stirred in.

We are at a point in this country that we need more old school Disney and Sesame Street, and The Electric Co.

Last edited:

Kate F

I honestly think that anyone willing to wait hours in line for this ride is insane. I mean, I waited over 2 hours for Forbidden Journey in 2010 (the longest I've ever waited for a ride), but that was actually worth the wait IMO. I'm not going to fully judge this ride yet, but I highly doubt it's going to be anything worth waiting hours in a hot, cramped line for. I'm sure there will be quite a line at Guest Relations when it opens.

jt04

I honestly think that anyone willing to wait hours in line for this ride is insane. I mean, I waited over 2 hours for Forbidden Journey in 2010 (the longest I've ever waited for a ride), but that was actually worth the wait IMO. I'm not going to fully judge this ride yet, but I highly doubt it's going to be anything worth waiting hours in a hot, cramped line for. I'm sure there will be quite a line at Guest Relations when it opens.

Hopefully they are at least considering fast tracking something that can absorb crowds in WS. I'd vote for a new attraction in the Japan show building.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
We are at a point in this country that we need more old school Disney and Sesame Street, and The Electric Co.
The new culture is more about families going to WDW to get what they want and asked for. In the era you are referring to, people would visit WDW to have an experience unlike anything they could have dreamed of. The attractions were an ancillary feature to the experience as a whole.

Disneyhead'71

The new culture is more about families going to WDW to get what they want and asked for. In the era you are referring to, people would visit WDW to have an experience unlike anything they could have dreamed of. The attractions were an ancillary feature to the experience as a whole.
I liked the WDW that let the professional creatives create the magic. I'm not sure Joe Sixpack from Anyplace, Upnorth is qualified.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom