Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

clemmo

Anyone think this will lower the wait time for test track in the days after opening? I'd think with soarin and frozen drawing a large amount of people at least sse and nemo will be much lower than average but i'm not sure. I'm assuming fp+ waits if i even get one will be 30-45 mins with my prediction for stand-by at 220. Anyone know what the longest wait was on maelstrom (I'm assuming nowhere near 2 hours)?

spiritofNorway

The usual wait time was around 20-30 minutes. It was about 20/25 minutes when the que reached the door.

Im exited on how Disney will solve all the people that will be there for the opening day. All the strollers.
Anyway, the ride can only take 900-1100 per hour if they dont add more boats than the 9 that was used for Maelstrom. The system could handle 10 earlier but it ended with a lot of e-stops cause people got fatter and the boats went slower and it messed up the sensors.

I certainly hope they have made the boats handle more weight, cause we had one or two e-stops pretty much every day due to too much weight in the boat. I remember sitting in the control tower and watched how the boats did not manage to get into the swing-arm at the troll scene properly and was counting down before the e-stop kicked in.

I got in some trouble one time too as I loaded a full boat of heavy footballplayers (+1 baby that I didn't see making them 17)... The ride had to be evaced. :p

Biff215

I was t
Anyone think this will lower the wait time for test track in the days after opening? I'd think with soarin and frozen drawing a large amount of people at least sse and nemo will be much lower than average but i'm not sure. I'm assuming fp+ waits if i even get one will be 30-45 mins with my prediction for stand-by at 220. Anyone know what the longest wait was on maelstrom (I'm assuming nowhere near 2 hours)?
I was thinking about Test Track tonight. I think you're right, most will likely choose Frozen or Soarin' for their first tier, even if they have two days at Epcot. I would think this would lessen the FP load on TT for at least the first three hours. Now many will plan to rope drop TT as I am so standby may not benefit as much as we hoped, especially with Frozen opening at 11. Time will tell of course. I also hope the tiers go away, but it's hard to imagine they'd let you FP the only three attractions in the park where you actually need it.

jt04

To say it AGAIN, the whole project looks hasty, lazy and greedy. Obvious even to the Disney-dusters. In other news, "Hasty", "Lazy" and "Greedy" are new Dwarfs who will be overlaid onto Sleepy, Sneezy and Dopey as part of the Robert Iger legacy. :p

Meme, trope and spin. Repeat.

Hyzer

I was t

I was thinking about Test Track tonight. I think you're right, most will likely choose Frozen or Soarin' for their first tier, even if they have two days at Epcot. I would think this would lessen the FP load on TT for at least the first three hours. Now many will plan to rope drop TT as I am so standby may not benefit as much as we hoped, especially with Frozen opening at 11. Time will tell of course. I also hope the tiers go away, but it's hard to imagine they'd let you FP the only three attractions in the park where you actually need it.
Frozen opens at 9 not 11.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom