Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Pirate665

The Disney Difference is Financial Engineering these days, Give the guest as little as possible and charge as much as possible if not more.

Coming soon to Walt Disney World Resorts, card swipe operated Meet and Greets! Meet and Greet your favourite characters anytime with just a simple swipe of your credit card or MagicBand!

Character charge $49.99 USD for the first 2 minutes, $29.99 USD each additional minute. Autograph charge not included. Prices and times may vary and are subject to change. We know you'll pay regardless though cause your kids are screaming for Mickey right now and hey, we have to make a buck here.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Coming soon to Walt Disney World Resorts, card swipe operated Meet and Greets! Meet and Greet your favourite characters anytime with just a simple swipe of your credit card or MagicBand!

Character charge $49.99 USD for the first 2 minutes, $29.99 USD each additional minute. Autograph charge not included. Prices and times may vary and are subject to change. We know you'll pay regardless though cause your kids are screaming for Mickey right now and hey, we have to make a buck here.

Damn that reads just like a Disney presser, Scary how something we all would have mocked as insane 2 years ago, now seems like it will happen sooner or later at WDW.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
JT, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I don't even care what this is in response to, you win the Internet. Best movie quote!

Next Big Thing

I'm very surprised these pictures are still up. A similar leak happened some time ago for a, different ride opening this summer and it was gone before I had a chance to even see it. Pretty much overnight.

I was hoping for Fantasyland. Or DHS. At least DisneySea and Disneyland get it. 2/3 ain't bad.
Disney doesn't care about leaks. Any promotion is good promotion.

Uni on the other hand will plug that damn leak ASAP.

Cesar R M

That's well known. So instead of developing new attractions that would both fit the intent, the demographic, and the park they do this. Smacks of desperation to bring people in.
Marni, speaking of desperation. I heard they are shutting The Sum of all Thrills, is that correct?

raymusiccity

The humble sausage is now a gourmet product. Its development displays socio-economic changes in many countries. Plus it goes well with a beer

Here we go!
image.jpeg

Cesar R M

I actually fear this might happen in the future :(

Disney doesn't care about leaks. Any promotion is good promotion.

Uni on the other hand will plug that damn leak ASAP.
Or.. Its too expensive for them to find the leaker.. gotta save for the bonuses!
I mean, if the tangled potties were near the rumored 100m figure..
an investigation by disney could cost at least 10m just to find a guy with a cellphone.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Can you only imagine what Disney will do if Epcot's attendance skyrockets?
Probly not much for about ten years. They will reap the profits as long as possible without building anything new. You hoestly think they care about you or your timid children?
Disney produces fun crap and I willingly buy it for my kids
And this is why my above statement is true. They know you will buy their CRAP no matter what, even though they are capable of making a better product. But you could care less because...
after my kids are grown, I will probably never set foot in the parks again unless I have grandchildren
You only go to WDW for your childrens sake, yet you join an online unofficial Disney fan forum to defend the "its a business brigade"? What are your motives here?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Probly not much for about ten years. They will reap the profits as long as possible without building anything new. You hoestly think they care about you or your timid children?

And this is why my above statement is true. They know you will buy their CRAP no matter what, even though they are capable of making a better product. But you could care less because...

You only go to WDW for your childrens sake, yet you join an online unofficial Disney fan forum to defend the "its a business brigade"? What are your motives here?

@wdisney9000 are those posters channeling Fadra???

matt9112

We have gone from people complaining Disney is not investing enough in new attractions to now they are investing too much.

And people criticize me for being out of touch. Wow.

It's all value. If I can give you a whole meal for 10 bucks or a burger with nothing else what's a better value all else relative? Disney's problem is they don't spend money properly. When they do spend money (and they spend alot) it gets ridiculously garbage return for value. It's not that they don't spend dollar bills (look at My magic) it's that what the end result is dosent seem to match all of those dollars. This is a huge problem that (IMO) deserves a large shake-up of imagineering and budget allocation in general.

G00fyDad

I guess it is more apathy from me than anything else. I understand it is broken, but at the same time I know that if I do not visit the parks they are not going to miss my dollars. Therefore, any gesture on my part to force Disney to wake up and take the guests seriously will be futile. We will make the decision (again) to stop going once things in the parks get to a point that it is intolerable for us. At this time we still feel that going to the parks is worth it, for now. However, to be fair about this we actually did make the decision on our last trip that we were going to take a break for a while and travel to other places since the parks (then) did not offer what we felt was adequate entertainment, etc. for our money. Now that they have started to build more and more we are going to give it another go.

Kman101

There certainly does seem to be an onslaught of new members, or people who have been members for a year or two but are just now beginning to start posting and are extremely quick to defend the brand

It's definitely pretty obvious when the same types of accounts pop up and derail a thread. It's too bad some can't see reality. And I love the harping on "it's all negativity". Yeah, no. It's criticism of something we love and care about. We want it to be the best it can and should be, while the other half seem to only care if their special snowflake is happy and will willingly suck up anything Disney. Do we overanalyze and sometimes probably sound ridiculous? Yes, but I also think we sometimes don't want to give credit for a good job. Doing so doesn't negate what needs fixing and what has been neglected. I tend to find myself in the middle. Not everything IMO is as "the sky is falling" but it's not all sunshine and roses either. Dunno what the point of this post was but I felt I had something to say ... lol

Mike S

It's definitely pretty obvious when the same types of accounts pop up and derail a thread. It's too bad some can't see reality. And I love the harping on "it's all negativity". Yeah, no. It's criticism of something we love and care about. We want it to be the best it can and should be, while the other half seem to only care if their special snowflake is happy and will willingly suck up anything Disney. Do we overanalyze and sometimes probably sound ridiculous? Yes, but I also think we sometimes don't want to give credit for a good job. Doing so doesn't negate what needs fixing and what has been neglected. I tend to find myself in the middle. Not everything IMO is as "the sky is falling" but it's not all sunshine and roses either. Dunno what the point of this post was but I felt I had something to say ... lol
I'd say it's more passionate than anything else :)

MOM2FOUR

I'm not defending Disney, despite what you think. I wish we could all go back to the good old days. I have wonderful childhood memories of Disney, back when there was no competition for our time or money. I'm just shocked that you aren't realistic about what kind of company Disney has become. Disney is not the same Disney I grew up with. It's run by different people with different missions In a different environment. WDW is an amusement park, that I will get great warm and fuzzies from when I see my kids having a blast. Why else would I go? I joined here because I wanted inside scoops on how to get the most bang for my buck, and insider updates about the construction of the Frozen ride, as my girls are soooo excited to ride it. And although it's disappointing that it's located in World Showcase at Epcot, I'll still go, as well as most other people, including a lot of people on this forum. I guess I'm really confused, are you currently a fan of Disney or not? Do you no longer go to the parks and just complain on Disney forums about their decisions? Or do you too go to the parks and give them your money, the same as me? Because if you're still forking it over to them (because that's all it boils down to), you're no different than me. I'm just honest about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom