Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Mike730

IMO the animosity boils down to 2 problems
- The attraction capacity is too small for the IP
- A Norwegian ride was removed and replaced with an IP

If Norway was an empty lot beforehand, we'd all be happy with how much they focused on Norwegian history throughout the new Norway showcase, despite the IP based attraction. Worst case scenario would be adding Arrendelle to WS, but instead they would be adding something into WS that fits. I would be happy.

But this isn't the case. They're removing some Norway and adding some IP, which is why I think going from non-IP to IP is the hardest pill to swallow for the people that have a perspective of 'EPCOT'.

StageFrenzy

Its a cell phone shot, clearly.

Disney will not be happy about this being online.

Remember this ride is not meant for us. Its meant for young children. (Its also meant to be anywhere but Epcot)

I was kind of hoping they would be aiming at the whole family and be adding breathtaking Norwegian vistas and culture layered with the unique characters of the animated hit frozen. You know something that the imagineers and Disney used to be good at and are supposedly known for.

Bocabear

The whole mission of Disney building the parks in the first place was to create experiences the whole family could enjoy together.... I am sure it will end up having at least one Wow moment, but sure wish they would have done more in another location...

NormC

Hopefully it will mean greenlighting more such World Showcase enhancements.
That is an idiotic statement. I am all for enhancements (and hope they do green light some) that utilize an IP to better something but shoehorning Frozen into a building just because they can is NOT an enhancement. It doesn't do Frozen or Norway any justice. A much better and deserving Frozen attraction could have been done elsewhere and the boring Maelstrom could have had an upgrade to enhance Norway. Now it is a lose lose situation to jump on the now passing Frozen storm.

Mike S

Its a cell phone shot, clearly.

Disney will not be happy about this being online.

Remember this ride is not meant for us. Its meant for young children. (Its also meant to be anywhere but Epcot)
I'm very surprised these pictures are still up. A similar leak happened some time ago for a, different ride opening this summer and it was gone before I had a chance to even see it. Pretty much overnight.
I was kind of hoping they would be aiming at the whole family and be adding breathtaking Norwegian vistas and culture layered with the unique characters of the animated hit frozen. You know something that the imagineers and Disney used to be good at and are supposedly known for.
I was hoping for Fantasyland. Or DHS. At least DisneySea and Disneyland get it. 2/3 ain't bad.

Haymarket2008

I'm very surprised these pictures are still up. A similar leak happened some time ago for a, different ride opening this summer and it was gone before I had a chance to even see it. Pretty much overnight.

I was hoping for Fantasyland. Or DHS. At least DisneySea and Disneyland get it. 2/3 ain't bad.

What's the ride you're talking about? Just curious.

Bocabear

Not sure how you can form any opinion based on those photos, people are just ready to hate this ride.
in some ways yes...but I think a lot of people are also hoping to be so very wrong about the ride and find out that it is amazing... The photos do not go very far in making anyone feel like they did an amazing job...but there is not much to see... I think even those that hate the idea are still hoping that the attraction is more than expected and amazing...However recent history has taught us to not expect much...

jt04

That is an idiotic statement. I am all for enhancements (and hope they do green light some) that utilize an IP to better something but shoehorning Frozen into a building just because they can is NOT an enhancement. It doesn't do Frozen or Norway any justice. A much better and deserving Frozen attraction could have been done elsewhere and the boring Maelstrom could have had an upgrade to enhance Norway. Now it is a lose lose situation to jump on the now passing Frozen storm.

Sorry your opinion is wrong. Disney is giving the average guest what they want and since Frozen fits Norway closely enough it is a win for the masses. People power.

slappy magoo

Hey all I have a question that may have been answered previously but 433 pages? I'd be at WDW and home by the time it took me to go through all those of these posts. :greedy:

Has it been determined if there will be a line for the attraction/ride and a separate line for the meet-and-greet? Or does the ride drop people off at the line for the M&G? And if it's the former, will you need 2 separate fastpasses (which I assume would be the case)?

NormC

Sorry your opinion is wrong. Disney is giving the average guest what they want and since Frozen fits Norway closely enough it is a win for the masses. People power.
Sorry, your opinion is wrong. You have no clue. We can do this all day. Opinions are not facts. It is a circular argument that would never end with you so I will stop it here.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

Hey all I have a question that may have been answered previously but 433 pages? I'd be at WDW and home by the time it took me to go through all those of these posts. :greedy:

Has it been determined if there will be a line for the attraction/ride and a separate line for the meet-and-greet? Or does the ride drop people off at the line for the M&G? And if it's the former, will you need 2 separate fastpasses (which I assume would be the case)?

the meetngreet is a totally seperate location at the new construction next door between Norway and Mexico, has no connection to the ride buildings wise.

Idoonu

in some ways yes...but I think a lot of people are also hoping to be so very wrong about the ride and find out that it is amazing... The photos do not go very far in making anyone feel like they did an amazing job...but there is not much to see... I think even those that hate the idea are still hoping that the attraction is more than expected and amazing...However recent history has taught us to not expect much...

There is just really no point speculating on the photos because they are both behind the actual sets that riders will see. People are just so afraid of change that it seems like already 50% of people here will not even give it a chance, even though Maelstrom wasn't a world-class attraction beforehand.

Rightfully so, this ride is a disgrace to EPCOT

Opinion =/= fact.

Mawg

I for one can't wait until this ride opens. It's going to be beautiful and everyone loves Frozen so the characters had to be put into a ride. Epcot was just becoming a drunk fest and it's time to turn it back to a place where kids can enjoy themselves. This is a great start and that old ride stunk anyways. This new ride will be much longer and higher capacity so that everyone can enjoy it, yes, even the drunks. The ride will be beautifully themed with great music. The queue will be amazing and once off the ride you can meet some of your favorite characters in their real home of Norway (Arendale was just a made up name for the movie). The gift shop should be great letting people buy all that high quality Frozen merchandise that is so hard to find elsewhere. Disney keep it up. Hmmm....where did I put that pixie dust?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom