Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Donaldfan1934

The only scene that seems like it'd make for a fun dark ride scene is when they're in the sleigh being chased by wolves. There's nothing in it
Iike flying over London or falling down the rabbit hole.

Call me crazy, but I don't think scenes like "Young Anna sits outside Elsa's room" and "Hans does the big reveal" would make for fun dark ride scenes.
Well, there's there's a lot beautiful settings in Love is an Open door, the Ice castle in Let it go, and Olaf's summer fantasy during In Summer. You're perfect
You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, but there's a lot of visual spectacle in Frozen, especially when it comes to the musical numbers.

Last edited:

JustInTime

Looks awful so far. Even ignoring the poor placement, its predecessor or the inevitably short length. Scenes and figures don't even look good (Marshmallow at least looks like his film counterpart but he is oddly tiny and squished into that tiny space). Hate how all the lovely scenery at the fjord was removed.
It's hard to tell by those photos and I don't know if it's even fair to yet. It's so easy to hate this because of where it is going so I totally understand. But I'm going to give it a chance because hating it won't do me any good anymore.

raymusiccity

Well, those are your opinions... When I was young I loved the hydrolaters and sea-cabs... I think the current Nemo version is just dumb. While I like test track (I preferred the previous version actually), I certainly wouldn't say it is better then World of Motion...it's a completely different experience. Horizons and World of Motion were masterpieces and we will likely never see anything like that again.

Spaceship Earth is just a series of dioramas.....the likes of which remind me of Horizons and World of Motion.

Magenta Panther

Oh my......... That first picture looks so... so......... I can't even find the words. That's what replaced the beautiful fjord scene? And Odin on the lift hill? Disney, what have you done..........

I know...Odin and his Eye was so awesome...a simple effect, but a great one. It set an eerie tone for the whole ride. Now replaced by a dopey rock troll. Jeez.

Kman101

I don't agree with Frozen's placement (at all), but taking away the fact that it's in Maelstrom's place, the show scenes aren't really THAT bad. I think the hate for placement is a bit blinding to what looks nicely done. I'm not saying it's amazing but if this were in a new showbuilding in the proper park, I think there would be more praise for what we've seen. JMO.

Donaldfan1934

Honestly, the "Let It Go" sequence in the concept art looks sort of bland. It's just Elsa standing on a balcony singing. What's so visually interesting about THAT?
The castle coming up out of the ground, that's what. The castle itself looks amazing and would work well in a dark ride. Thankfully, it looks like it made it judging by the concept art.

Sped2424

Looks awful so far. Even ignoring the poor placement, its predecessor or the inevitably short length. Scenes and figures don't even look good (Marshmallow at least looks like his film counterpart but he is oddly tiny and squished into that tiny space). Hate how all the lovely scenery at the fjord was removed.
You know the emergency lights are on the in the photo and the scene is not show lit at all?

Sped2424

The ride looks fine we all know it doesn't belong there but judging based off the marshmallow animatronic and the rear faced troll character actual money is being spent on this. Sad but true when this ride is done these animatronics will be the most state of the art inside Epcot.

Sped2424

What I was commenting on was not lighting related. Better lighting is not going to make Marshmallow any taller and less squished into this tiny space for instance.
Except lighting effects projected faces such as the snowgies? And how does marshmallow look tiny he is massive in that photo and is very much on scale with how large he is in the film. Granted half of his body is behind rock for obvious reasons but that doesn't break the ride in any way.

Castle Cake Apologist

Which is in the fjord scene.
View attachment 142355

I'm having trouble placing where in the fjord scene Marshmallow and those stupid snow boogers are. Are they in the middle, where the tree troll was? Like, did they legitimately just put fake snow over the rockwork and stick Marshmallow on top of the tree troll's existing mechanism? Also, is that the same rockwork that was already there, up in the ceiling? Everything about this screams overlay, when I thought we at least had confirmation that the ride was completely gutted.

Also, I lightened the troll picture and he seriously just looks very flat. I also don't think that's the lift hill. If you lighten it, it looks like he's just next to the flume somewhere.

I know we've only seen a couple things now, but this really seems a lot less rich and layered than Maelstrom. What exactly is taking so long if they didn't even gut the walls and ceiling as part of this? Major set pieces appear to have only been slightly altered. Why is Marshmallow so tiny and just kind cramped into a preexisting space? Hard to tell from a couple pictures I guess, but color me completely unimpressed so far.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom