Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Mike S

Well, Circle Of Life used the characters to tell an environmental fable....which related specifically to the pavilion...
it was not Timon and Pumbaa's Land Pavilion...
I am not a fan of characters at EPCOT, but if they are integrated in the right way it could be a nice enhancement... If Remy's ride was added to France...and I say Added...into the expansion plot, and not replacing any of the existing pavilion, it would make sense...Remy is a character from Paris...it is completely relevant to the pavilion.
If the Living Seas had still been The Living Seas and they had an addition of Turtle Talk with Crush....that would have been OK... But not OK to turn the whole pavilion into Finding Nemo...
Turtle Talk did start as just an addition. Then it spread like a virus.

Cesar R M

Turtle Talk did start as just an addition. Then it spread like a virus.
They had the opportunity to do so much on the Nemo ride.. sadly.. they transformed it in just a "retell" of the movie.
I fear this will happen with Frozen as well.. But thanks to the length, it will be a super condensed version with a "let it go" out of nowhere.

ABQ

I prefer El Rio myself, though it did need an update (sans toons). I miss the El Rio theme song.
So do I, but I wonder, so many complain about new rides, either at Uni or Disney being all screens. Was El Rio Del Tiempo the original heavily screen based attraction? Is it to blame for the trend?

jt04

World Showcase is not a cultural necessity. It was at one point but that time has passed. It is good for educating the very young to different cultures in a limited way. Adding IP's and Disney characters will add to that in a positive way. Proof will be in the long queues for Frozen that this is the way WS should evolve.

jt04

The woefully inadequate ride capacity will be to blame for the lines. Demand will far outstrip supply. But carry on thinking what you do.

Simple solution. More characters in more pavilions. They should be fast tracking at least one more similar project IMO.

Coco?

WDWFREAK53

So do I, but I wonder, so many complain about new rides, either at Uni or Disney being all screens. Was El Rio Del Tiempo the original heavily screen based attraction? Is it to blame for the trend?

When it comes to screen-based attractions, I immediately think of Spider-Man. IMO, that is a perfect mix of physical sets along with screens. Having the physical sets interact with the screens is key. Example: When Hobgoblin throws his pumpkin bomb and it explodes in the real set.

Also, in Revenge of the Mummy...when the wall crumbles and the scarab beetles crawl all over the walls. It just works and I don't think that could be done any better with physical pieces.

I don't think the screens are the problem...it's an issue when the screens are relied on as the WHOLE attraction in place of physical sets.

Wikkler

World Showcase is not a cultural necessity. It was at one point but that time has passed. It is good for educating the very young to different cultures in a limited way. Adding IP's and Disney characters will add to that in a positive way. Proof will be in the long queues for Frozen that this is the way WS should evolve.
The young need education about the world more than ever.

jt04

The young need education about the world more than ever.

That is on the internet. The world is smaller than it ever has been. WS is best culturally by allowing people to taste new foods. Other than that it is quite an obsolete concept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom