Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

drew81

I can picture it now...

You enter Epcot and grab a few park maps with Elsa on the front cover and begin to make your way over to World Showcase. Future World is for the most part deserted, minus the crowds of people flocking to Test Track and Soarin'. You start to make your way over to the Norway pavilion when all of a sudden you come across the end of a huge line that has extended all the way into Mexico. You grieve over the fact that you were unable to get a Fastpass for the ride and now you must wait in this 4+ hour line if you wish to have any chance of experiencing the new attraction. You are not looking forward to standing in a huge line in the Florida heat surrounded by a bunch of loud children wearing Anna and Elsa dresses, but you decide to put yourself through the torture anyway, as it is the newest ride on property and has been much anticipated. After a few hours of sweating and staring at your phone, you finally make it to the actual queue. The queue contains instrumental tracks from Frozen as well as some visual references to the film, and it all looks very nice. You start to think that maybe this could be worth waiting that long for after all. You are almost to the front of the line, and can see the boats being loaded and unloaded. The people being unloaded have looks on their faces telling you that you have indeed wasted your time. You hop into the boat, and soon you're off. This is the big moment, the hottest (or...coolest) attraction in Florida, the thing you just waited hours in line for. The little girls in your boat are super excited and you can't help but smile at their enjoyment. You come across animatronics of Sven, Olaf, Anna and Kristoff, and are impressed by the technology. It becomes colder and you know what is about to come. The star of the ride appears singing the famous song, and before you know it, you come towards the end of the ride where all the characters are smiling and waving at the boat. You just exit the boat with a blank expression on your face, though the little girls in your boat seemed to love it. You can't be angry, you can't be upset, you should have known what you were in for. You don't want to even think about the time you just wasted in that line, concluding your thoughts of the ride with "I guess it was cute, I probably would have enjoyed it more had I only had to wait 20 minutes." Later you decide to eat lunch in World Showcase and soon after that you decide to use your Fastpass for Test Track. You just move on with your day at Epcot and choose to forget about the frustrating experience you had earlier that day, otherwise you'd just be filled with grief. The good news is that you were able to find the perfect viewing spot for Illuminations and you took lots of pictures. The day ended up not being a total bummer after all, perhaps even the highlight of your trip. The End.

(This is just a made-up, generalized scenario I came up with, I don't think I'd ever wait over 30 minutes for this ride).

Lots of truth in this.

RSoxNo1

The saner members have two issues, neither about the actual experience.

Wrong location
Insufficient capacity
I don't really have a problem with the location, but the ride needs to be about 30 seconds longer and have increased capacity. The location I do object to is Princess Fairytale Hall. Thematically it's fine, but it's such a primo spot to be used up by a meet and greet.

Kate F

I think I would have enjoyed 7DMT much more had it not been so hyped up and had I not had to wait over an hour for it. Though I still don't think I would have cared that much for it anyway, I can understand the appeal, the one show scene is fantastic, the theming is good and I think it's perfect for all ages. I wouldn't wait very long to ride it again but I can at least sort of understand the ridiculous wait times it has.

I have much more of a problem with the Frozen ride because all of the problems that it is going to have could've been easily prevented (location, wait times, ride length, etc.) See, I can get past waiting a few hours for a cute little roller coaster for all ages based off of one of the most beloved animated classics of all time placed in the thematically correct land. I find it much harder to get past waiting hours upon hours for a 3-4 minute reskinned dark ride shoehorned into a land that it doesn't quite fit, when it could have easily gone to DHS, a park that desperately needs more attractions (even with TSL and SWL, it's going to need more), and based off an (in my opinion) overhyped and over saturated film, but even having said that, it still has much more potential than what they are doing with it and it deserves better.

Last edited:

drummond

I have much more of a problem with the Frozen ride because all of the problems that it is going to have could've been easily prevented (theming, wait times, ride length, etc.) See, I can get past waiting a few hours for a cute little roller coaster for all ages based off of one of the most beloved animated classics of all time placed in the thematically correct land. I find it much harder to get past waiting hours upon hours for a 3-4 minute reskinned dark ride shoehorned into a land that it doesn't quite fit, when it could have easily gone to DHS, a park that desperately needs more attractions (even with TSL and SWL, it's going to need more), and based off an (in my opinion) overhyped and over saturated film, but even having said that, it still has much more potential than what they are doing with it and it deserves better.

LOL. This is quintessential wdwmagic. A full list of complaints about an attraction that hasn't even opened.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
LOL. This is quintessential wdwmagic. A full list of complaints about an attraction that hasn't even opened.

If you don't like what people post here why are you still reading? There are other Disney forums out there where people will gush over everything Disney does. The people here on the other hand are much more honest it their opinions which is why I like it so much.

MagicHappens1971

I think I would have enjoyed 7DMT much more had it not been so hyped up and had I not had to wait over an hour for it. Though I still don't think I would have cared that much for it anyway, I can understand the appeal, the one show scene is fantastic, the theming is good and I think it's perfect for all ages. I wouldn't wait very long to ride it again but I can at least sort of understand the ridiculous wait times it has.

I have much more of a problem with the Frozen ride because all of the problems that it is going to have could've been easily prevented (theming, wait times, ride length, etc.) See, I can get past waiting a few hours for a cute little roller coaster for all ages based off of one of the most beloved animated classics of all time placed in the thematically correct land. I find it much harder to get past waiting hours upon hours for a 3-4 minute reskinned dark ride shoehorned into a land that it doesn't quite fit, when it could have easily gone to DHS, a park that desperately needs more attractions (even with TSL and SWL, it's going to need more), and based off an (in my opinion) overhyped and over saturated film, but even having said that, it still has much more potential than what they are doing with it and it deserves better.
The ride hasn't even opened yet. Theming? We don't even know what the ride looks like? We don't know how long it's going to be, and if you don't wanna wait for it, don't. I'm sure the other people that will wait will appreciate less people in line.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The ride hasn't even opened yet. Theming? We don't even know what the ride looks like? We don't know how long it's going to be, and if you don't wanna wait for it, don't. I'm sure the other people that will wait will appreciate less people in line.

I will agree on themeing, but we know how long Maelstrom was so we also know roughly how long this ride will be.

Mike S

Don't need to know what's like. The fact it's going into Norway is enough. Also the terrible capacity relative to the popularity of the IP.

Unplugged

Well, that's sort of right. We do know within a few seconds how long the attraction will be. Remember, it's a boat ride housed in the building that previously housed a boat ride with an almost identical track system and only a few minor track changes. As we know how long the Maelstrom was, we have a very good idea how long this ride will be. Knowing how people flock to Frozen, we can safely estimate potential ride capacity (as derivatives of the previous ride system) what the minimum line length will be for the first year.

You're right on with "if you don't wanna wait for it, don't". I'd give it a whirl if the line was under 20 minutes just to observe the work done by Imagineering. Could be great art and AAs for all we know. I can appreciate that, even with my sincere dislike of Frozen and lack of appreciation of the over the top milking of that cow.

Kate F

I honestly wasn't trying to be that negative. If the ride manages to exceed my expectations, then I will give praise where it's due. I know that I should not judge the attraction fully until after I have ridden it, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have a problem with some of the decisions they have made.

mimitchi33

I can picture it now...

You enter Epcot and grab a few park maps with Elsa on the front cover and begin to make your way over to World Showcase. Future World is for the most part deserted, minus the crowds of people flocking to Test Track and Soarin'. You start to make your way over to the Norway pavilion when all of a sudden you come across the end of a huge line that has extended all the way into Mexico. You grieve over the fact that you were unable to get a Fastpass for the ride and now you must wait in this 4+ hour line if you wish to have any chance of experiencing the new attraction. You are not looking forward to standing in a huge line in the Florida heat surrounded by a bunch of loud children wearing Anna and Elsa dresses, but you decide to put yourself through the torture anyway, as it is the newest ride on property and has been much anticipated. After a few hours of sweating and staring at your phone, you finally make it to the actual queue. The queue contains instrumental tracks from Frozen as well as some visual references to the film, and it all looks very nice. You start to think that maybe this could be worth waiting that long for after all. You are almost to the front of the line, and can see the boats being loaded and unloaded. The people being unloaded have looks on their faces telling you that you have indeed wasted your time. You hop into the boat, and soon you're off. This is the big moment, the hottest (or...coolest) attraction in Florida, the thing you just waited hours in line for. The little girls in your boat are super excited and you can't help but smile at their enjoyment. You come across animatronics of Sven, Olaf, Anna and Kristoff, and are impressed by the technology. It becomes colder and you know what is about to come. The star of the ride appears singing the famous song, and before you know it, you come towards the end of the ride where all the characters are smiling and waving at the boat. You just exit the boat with a blank expression on your face, though the little girls in your boat seemed to love it. You can't be angry, you can't be upset, you should have known what you were in for. You don't want to even think about the time you just wasted in that line, concluding your thoughts of the ride with "I guess it was cute, I probably would have enjoyed it more had I only had to wait 20 minutes." Later you decide to eat lunch in World Showcase and soon after that you decide to use your Fastpass for Test Track. You just move on with your day at Epcot and choose to forget about the frustrating experience you had earlier that day, otherwise you'd just be filled with grief. The good news is that you were able to find the perfect viewing spot for Illuminations and you took lots of pictures. The day ended up not being a total bummer after all, perhaps even the highlight of your trip. The End.

(This is just a made-up, generalized scenario I came up with, I don't think I'd ever wait over 30 minutes for this ride).
You put a lot of effort into that scenario, I must say. I wouldn't be surprised if this is what it's like for some people.

Kate F

Just to clarify, I meant theming in relation to being in the Norway pavilion, where many people don't think it belongs. I should have said location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom