Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It continues to make no sense to me why they chose this spot for the ride. People can debate over whether Frozen fits in Norway or not, but I'm not concerned so much with that as I am the fact that it doesn't even need to be shoehorned in there in the first place. Like I said, if they were trying to rush out a ride for Frozen when they realized how popular it was, they could have just built it from Scratch in DHS where they already have a popular show. This spot offers no benefit to them whatsoever and clearly they have made it a challenge for themselves trying to work with what they have in that building. I just don't understand what they were thinking.
The company has basically gone into IP overload. Whether its for a lack or creativity or its just an easy way out, I dont know. We got Star Wars and Pixar at HS and Avatar at AK. Frozen is going to Epcot. The only non-IP attraction construction they are doing is adding to existing rides (Soarin, TSMM). I left out RoL because its technically not an attraction that you ride. I would love to see more of a balance between IP and original content based attractions. Im not saying we shoudlnt be excited for the new IP stuff. Lets just hope they dont cheap out.

It will be interesting to see how they progress after 2020 and the new lands are in place and their is different leadership in the company. But for now, they are seriously jacked up on IP's. Im more concerned with the new culture of customers that are emerging. The "my child is bored with everything that isnt a ride or M&G" customers.

Phil12

I seriously hope they do something with the sound level though...
It was quite loud in the old que-room. And the old theater and village-scene are large rooms which reflects sound quite good. Since this ride will be at 40 minutes wait-time constantly I would not stand working there for a day. Thank god for rotations every 45 minutes.
They've got to keep the sound up to drown out the people that want to tell their life stories while in the queue. Same goes for the ride. Not to mention the screaming children whose parents refuse to tone down their offspring.

jaklgreen

I hope they will find room to expand Kringla bakeri og kafe in all of that construction. It is a nice little café with some good stuff but way too small and not enough seating. I personally would also like to see them get rid of all of that perfume. Its so overpowering that I cant even go into any of the gift shops or even walk past them on most days. The Norway pavilion needs a bit more love, IMO.

discos

It continues to make no sense to me why they chose this spot for the ride. People can debate over whether Frozen fits in Norway or not, but I'm not concerned so much with that as I am the fact that it doesn't even need to be shoehorned in there in the first place. Like I said, if they were trying to rush out a ride for Frozen when they realized how popular it was, they could have just built it from Scratch in DHS where they already have a popular show. This spot offers no benefit to them whatsoever and clearly they have made it a challenge for themselves trying to work with what they have in that building. I just don't understand what they were thinking.

Should they have built a new Frozen ride somewhere else in the parks? Probably
Was Malstrom's line pretty much always a walk on? Yes
Will the new Frozen ride bring substantially more people to the Norway pavilion and world showcase? You bet!

Hopefully this ride starts a trend in World showcase and we'll see more development in regards to rides and attractions at Epcot in the next 5 years.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
False
Will the new Frozen ride bring substantially more people to the Norway pavilion and world showcase? You bet!
95% of whom will be there strictly for the Frozen pavilion and then leave most likely park hop (if they paid that extra $ for PH)
Hopefully this ride starts a trend in World showcase and we'll see more development in regards to rides and attractions at Epcot in the next 5 years.
I just threw up in my mouth again.

MKCP 1985

I remember when Maelstrom was announced - way before it was opened - and it was supposed to be a "Pirates of the Caribbean" style attraction. Did it live up to that prediction? No. Was it pretty much always a walk on? No, I'd say it was somewhere in between, although I have walked on to Pirates from time to time.

There are some vocal people on these forums who are strongly against rides and attractions in the World Showcase. I am not one of them. It is my hope that there will be plenty of rides and attractions at Epcot someday, although 5 years is way too optimistic. It seems to be taking 5 years just to build this Frozen ride! (exaggeration)

jt04

Agreed 100% !

Mike S

I remember when Maelstrom was announced - way before it was opened - and it was supposed to be a "Pirates of the Caribbean" style attraction. Did it live up to that prediction? No. Was it pretty much always a walk on? No, I'd say it was somewhere in between, although I have walked on to Pirates from time to time.

There are some vocal people on these forums who are strongly against rides and attractions in the World Showcase based on cartoons that have no business being there. I am not one of them. It is my hope that there will be plenty of rides and attractions at Epcot someday, although 5 years is way too optimistic. It seems to be taking 5 years just to build this Frozen ride! (exaggeration)
Fixed that for ya.

Fantasmicguy

See my biggest complaint is not only the cartoon based attraction coming to World Showcase it's the fact that they are shoehorning as opposed to putting a brand new ride on the giant expansion pad next to Maelstrom. This could have been an expansion as opposed to a replacement.This could have been a ride showing how Norwegian culture influenced frozen and also had songs from the movie the entertain the kids. It could have been the first attraction to
successfully have characters in Epcot. It could have great but nah take the lazy/cheep route. This also furthers the belief the characters should never be allowed in Epcot and I can no longer defend those characters because each attempt to bring them has failed to hold up what EPCOT Center once was. Add Frozen right next to Nemo and friends.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

It sets a dangerous precedent for people desperate to save the park - no matter how - in the short term.

The park doesn't need trends like this. That's what the other park is for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom