Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Ok, let me see if I have this straight...

1. You consider Martin a credible insider
2. Martin has said in posts that Avatar was "on life support"
3. You emphatically refute the idea that the Avatar project ran into troubles and have always called this "dis-information"

How does this add up?
Consider the source and all your questions will be answered....

RSoxNo1

Oh I agree, it would fit better behind Dumbo. But then again, I can pretty much guarantee, even though it would be completely out of place in Tomorrowland, there would be no #savetomorrowlandspeedway campaign if they were to tear it down to make way for a new Frozen attraction. :hilarious:
Level the Speedway and put a Cars version of the speedway in DHS. Problem solved and it doesn't involve my "it's a small world" idea. Again, I'm available for consulting...

Nick Wilde

I think we should team up with other Disney fan-sites and have ourselves a rally/protest for Maelstrom at the Norway pavilion on Oct. 5th. Stand outside with signs, refuse to get off the boats, stuff like that. Just get the message to Disney.

Mawg

All the articles I read make it out that some crazy Disney fans are outraged a classic ride is getting replaced. I honestly do not care that they are removing Maelstrom, I'm happy they are building a frozen ride, The issue is you don't build fantasy into World Showcase. I have yet to read an article that accurately portrays why some of us are upset about this. Disney Parks are different from all other theme parks in their level of consistent theming and attention to detail, immersiveness. I'm going to walk into Norway and not feel immersed in Norway and instead in some fictional land, it doesn't work and goes against what Disney has done for the last 60 years.

WORLD SHOWCASE SHOULD PRESENT REAL PLACES AROUND THE WORLD. They should just change the name of World Showcase to Fantasyland Overflow.

WDW1974

I am not trying to discredit our insiders. I have always said Martin and Steve have impeccable reputations for providing accurate information. And I won't try to prove what likely never happened. Because that is next to impossible. Rather I will focus on all the new construction. With much more on the way.

Ah, that's your little not so veiled shot at @Lee, myself and a handful of others. It's very easy to kiss up to this site's owner since he lets you play in his sandbox when you don't bring any toys with you. And Martin's info, while almost always accurate, is generally on the technical end of things.

I do wonder why you post here, much like the late and not missed poster with the same initials. You have no experience or perspective. It would be akin to being part of an American Airlines forum when your last experience with them was a coach flight in March of 2008 from Dallas to D.C. You bring nothing to the table here but RAH RAHs for The Sheriff and Disney management and no one seems to buy your schmuck here anymore.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Ah, that's your little not so veiled shot at @Lee, myself and a handful of others. It's very easy to kiss up to this site's owner since he lets you play in his sandbox when you don't bring any toys with you. And Martin's info, while almost always accurate, is generally on the technical end of things.

I do wonder why you post here, much like the late and not missed poster with the same initials. You have no experience or perspective. It would be akin to being part of an American Airlines forum when your last experience with them was a coach flight in March of 2008 from Dallas to D.C. You bring nothing to the table here but RAH RAHs for The Sheriff and Disney management and no one seems to buy your schmuck here anymore.

BTW, have you seen the other JT's blog where he promises to discuss all this sites "dirty little secrets"?

WDW1974

True if you do not count the new hub, all the projects at DAK (including new nightime show), the 'clearing of the decks' and new permits at the studios, announced Frozen at WS , rumored Soarin' exansion with new film, Poly overhaul with new rooms on the SSL, PPF queue and FC construction.

Whew.

Let's see if I can beat @Lee with a one word response (if you ignore this sentence):

LAUGHABLE.

Monkee Girl

All the articles I read make it out that some crazy Disney fans are outraged a classic ride is getting replaced. I honestly do not care that they are removing Maelstrom, I'm happy they are building a frozen ride, The issue is you don't build fantasy into World Showcase. I have yet to read an article that accurately portrays why some of us are upset about this. Disney Parks are different from all other theme parks in their level of consistent theming and attention to detail, immersiveness. I'm going to walk into Norway and not feel immersed in Norway and instead in some fictional land, it doesn't work and goes against what Disney has done for the last 60 years.

WORLD SHOWCASE SHOULD PRESENT REAL PLACES AROUND THE WORLD. They should just change the name of World Showcase to Fantasyland Overflow.

I noticed the same thing. Most of the articles seem to not touch on what is really angering us. Again, No one is saying they don't want a Frozen ride. Just not where they are putting it and how they are doing it. If they want to take Maelstrom out and put in another Norway ride (based of Norway's culture) then awesome. But taking the maelstrom out to put Frozen in for the sole purpose of 'it's popular' with out any thought of the country itself and the guests who appreciate the more mature entertainment is wrong.

However, if the articles get out there and Disney listens and realizes people are angry, then I'll take it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

It's easier to write an article telling the unwashed masses that a bunch of Disney fan-boys are upset over a classic ride closing, then to try to explain how Frozen will further erode the thematic integrity of Epcot.

jt04

Ok, let me see if I have this straight...

1. You consider Martin a credible insider
2. Martin has said in posts that Avatar was "on life support"
3. You emphatically refute the idea that the Avatar project ran into troubles and have always called this "dis-information"

How does this add up?

Martin listened to the wrong people possibly. Some sort of a momentary lapse of judgement. Nobody is perfect after all.

jt04

BTW, have you seen the other JT's blog where he promises to discuss all this sites "dirty little secrets"?

Obviuosly you are confusing your JT's. I have no blog. No twitter. I did once post at LP before those boards died. Why go anywhere but this magical realm? I am loyal like that. :cat:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom