Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Absimilliard

Theme Park Review is run by people who make the average Disney lifestyler or mommy blogger seem like the most normal person in the world. Making fun of disabled kids? Check. Charging horrific amount of money for trips? Check. Breaking park rules? Check. Ripping off commercial music for terrible DVD's? Telling people with real opinions they are stupid? Check. Now, they moved to Orlando a few years ago and are fully on the Lifestyler Gravy Train. With this horrific video, he is doing his Social Media department ordered propaganda piece.

BrerJon

Are there any pics of that line and how far out the entrance it goes? If so we could multiply it a few times in our heads and get our answer of how big the Frozen line will be.

The line didn't go much more than halfway to the bakery, but takes forever to move, due to Fastpass line being full too so loading the boats is slow.

spiritofNorway

Are there any pics of that line and how far out the entrance it goes? If so we could multiply it a few times in our heads and get our answer of how big the Frozen line will be.

From the entrance door the line is about 25 minutes long. Totally depending on the FP+ line of course... But usually thats how it is...

Disney know that the new line for Frozen is gonna be huuuge, so they want the new line to go through the theater. I hope they update the movie and make it ala The Great Movie Ride que line.

Mike S

From the entrance door the line is about 25 minutes long. Totally depending on the FP+ line of course... But usually thats how it is...

Disney know that the new line for Frozen is gonna be huuuge, so they want the new line to go through the theater. I hope they update the movie and make it ala The Great Movie Ride que line.
Even if they use the theater I feel like the line will still go out of the door. There's no doubt that this ride will be VERY popular. Add the M&G on top of that and we have chaos.

spiritofNorway

Even if they use the theater I feel like the line will still go out of the door. There's no doubt that this ride will be VERY popular. Add the M&G on top of that and we have chaos.

I think that the result will be a chaos for months, if not years. Norway has very small space, so the pavilion is not at all made for something more than 40 minute waits. I think it will be like New Years Eve every day... Madness.

Disney also thought about using the store for que to the new ride, I hope they dont go back to do it that way. But I guess they might just remove standby for the first months and do it like they tested at Soarin etc with giving everyone return times and then say stop.

EDIT: I have asked Disney to move the M&G next to the bathrooms where the viking ship was. I know its been considered, but hopefully they will be smart and do it that way.

Magenta Panther

I think that the result will be a chaos for months, if not years. Norway has very small space, so the pavilion is not at all made for something more than 40 minute waits. I think it will be like New Years Eve every day... Madness.

That's been one of my arguments against the makeover all along! Putting a ride based on a phenom like Frozen in that tiny area...that's plain nuts!!!! It'll be a logistical nightmare! I couldn't believe TDO could be that stupid...

Well, we live and learn...

aladdin2007

It would be nice if they went with the plan to have Olaf showing a new tour of Norway, at least it would be something Norwegian, but not sure if they are going with that or not, or something all together different, or doing away with the screen entirely. It would certainly be a good promo for adventures by Disney and their Norway trips.

Mr Anderson

It would be nice if they went with the plan to have Olaf showing a new tour of Norway, at least it would be something Norwegian, but not sure if they are going with that or not, or something all together different, or doing away with the screen entirely. It would certainly be a good promo for adventures by Disney and their Norway trips.
It would certainly bring a slight bit of validation to all of the "bu-bu-but tourism in Norway has gone up because of Frozen! THAT makes it relevant to the pavilion!!" arguments and would be quite a bit easier to swallow for those of us who are not a fan of the transition. But to quote Tom Skaggs from his post in Disney Parks Blog...

"We’re excited for the Frozen attraction, too, Matthew. While we don’t want to give away the whole show, we’re well aware that what people love most about Frozen are its heartwarming story, the wonderful characters the film brought to life, and the amazing music throughout the film. The attraction is designed to let guests experience and immerse themselves in all those key elements. And we think it’s a natural fit to locate the Frozen attraction at Epcot’s Norway Pavilion, which showcases the country that helped inspire the film."

To me,
it seems like it will just be a simple recap of the movie, a la 'Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid' in NFL. And as far as the screen goes, I thought I read somewhere that they're going to use the area where the theater is located for extra queue space. :rolleyes: For the sake of those who are excited about the ride, I hope that's not true... you think they'd want to use that space for extra ride space, right?

But hey, if it's true, at least the suckers waiting in line won't be spilling out of "Norway", blocking the way for those of us trying to enjoy what's left of World Showcase.

jdmdisney99

Fair enough.

I do think Frozen will be better than Maelstrom. If nothing else at least the queue won't suck as it currently does. I am as much into the queue area as the ride to a degree. I think WDW can do wonders with the queue into the Frozen ride. Heck I know I will spend more time in the queue than on the ride so I am looking forward to that more I think at this point.

No offense meant but the other parts of your post have been beaten to death on here so I will withhold a response on them.
It doesn't matter if Frozen turns out to be a better ride than Maelstrom. It isn't a country I can visit. It isn't a real, tangible nation. Why put it in Epcot? Sure, MK just got expansion and Epcot needs help, but think about DHS does as well, and that is where an Arendelle expansion makes most thematic sense outside of MK. It is blatantly obvious the only reason the ride is going to Epcot is to go the cheap way out, by replacing an existing ride and utilizing existing infrastructure, they maximize profits with minimal thought or effort going into theme. IMHO, who cares about riding a good ride in a theme park when it takes you away from the overall important theme of said park?
On the second bolded statement, I am utterly confused. So you would be fine if they closed Maelstrom and replaced it with some Frozen dolls, as long as we get a kitschy, 21st century, iPad-affixed interactive queue?

BigTxEars

It doesn't matter if Frozen turns out to be a better ride than Maelstrom. It isn't a country I can visit. It isn't a real, tangible nation. Why put it in Epcot? Sure, MK just got expansion and Epcot needs help, but think about DHS does as well, and that is where an Arendelle expansion makes most thematic sense outside of MK. It is blatantly obvious the only reason the ride is going to Epcot is to go the cheap way out, by replacing an existing ride and utilizing existing infrastructure, they maximize profits with minimal thought or effort going into theme. IMHO, who cares about riding a good ride in a theme park when it takes you away from the overall important theme of said park?
On the second bolded statement, I am utterly confused. So you would be fine if they closed Maelstrom and replaced it with some Frozen dolls, as long as we get a kitschy, 21st century, iPad-affixed interactive queue?

Agree with why it's going where it is, I posted the same reason pages and pages ago. It clearly about balancing the desire for more Frozen, the need to do something with the current ride and the cost factor of both. The killing two birds with one stone mentality. The fact that so many people associated Frozen and Norway sealed the deal IMO.

On the second part even if the ride itself is equal to or worse than the current one (I think it will at least be the equal, most likely better) that lame queue they have now will at least improve IMO. It's by far the most bland and boring queue in all of WDW IMO. With the recent great work WDW has done with queues I have confidence the Frozen one will be great as well. Like I said I enjoy a great queue area, I like the queue better than the ride at Hogwarts at Uni.

BigTxEars

It would certainly bring a slight bit of validation to all of the "bu-bu-but tourism in Norway has gone up because of Frozen! THAT makes it relevant to the pavilion!!" arguments and would be quite a bit easier to swallow for those of us who are not a fan of the transition. But to quote Tom Skaggs from his post in Disney Parks Blog...

"We’re excited for the Frozen attraction, too, Matthew. While we don’t want to give away the whole show, we’re well aware that what people love most about Frozen are its heartwarming story, the wonderful characters the film brought to life, and the amazing music throughout the film. The attraction is designed to let guests experience and immerse themselves in all those key elements. And we think it’s a natural fit to locate the Frozen attraction at Epcot’s Norway Pavilion, which showcases the country that helped inspire the film."

To me,
it seems like it will just be a simple recap of the movie, a la 'Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid' in NFL. And as far as the screen goes, I thought I read somewhere that they're going to use the area where the theater is located for extra queue space. :rolleyes: For the sake of those who are excited about the ride, I hope that's not true... you think they'd want to use that space for extra ride space, right?

But hey, if it's true, at least the suckers waiting in line won't be spilling out of "Norway", blocking the way for those of us trying to enjoy what's left of World Showcase.

That kinda talk about folks wanting to ride this new attraction is not gonna get you any warm hugs......and some of us are really good huggers.....just saying....

BigTxEars

What? That ride jerks you around like dress shirt on a out of control dry cleaning rack.....I don't really care for it. The queue on the other hand is awesome. Much more enjoyable IMO

For the record while I really like the Spiderman ride there as well as the Minions ride I don't care for the Transformers, just too "busy" IMO. I feel the same way about FJ, they crammed too much into the ride and it moves too fast to enjoy it. Must be the old guy in me.

Now Ripsaw Falls and the Mummy, yeah those two are the best rides there IMO, although Jurassic Park is pretty freaking sweet.

Mr Anderson

That kinda talk about folks wanting to ride this new attraction is not gonna get you any warm hugs......and some of us are really good huggers.....just saying....
tumblr_n28kt9kt7I1s7gykyo1_250.gif

aladdin2007

To me,

first bolded yes, second bolded not happening... they could very well use the screen still though like the great movie ride queue space does. havent heard about the tour of norway movie with olaf concept in awhile though, so not sure or not if thats happening, if they were smart they would. but.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom