Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Nor that it hasn't gone smoothly.

We heard 1 attraction at one point and scaled down to the point that people would lament losing CMM. We even heard it was stuck in development and would not happen at all from some quarters. Not just WDWMagic forums.

We heard the new mine train was engineered poorly and might turn into a Test Track redux.

We heard Maelstrom was going to get a quick cheap overlay.

We heard DS had no tenants signed up and was a boondoggle.

We heard Flamingo Crossing was dead and the property was to be sold off.

We heard the nightime show at DAK would never happen as TDO was OK with DAK being a half-day park.

We heard DHS might get an expansion underway around 2018 or later.

There is so much disinformation here and elsewhere it seems deliberate. Good thing I am hear to provide some balance. :geek:

- You are the one trying to discredit the insiders, you must provide proof that Avatar went smoothly. Knowing Camerons reputation, it's hard to believe it did go smoothly.

- Mine Train wasn't as problematic as Test Track, but it has had it's share of problems.

- Maelstrom, we haven't seen the final product yet, so we can't make a judgement on that one. (And note the Spirit reported here very early on that Maelstrom becoming Frozen was definitively happening).

- Can you provide the tenant list of DS?

- Flamingo crossing, a low end third party hotel isn't proof it's alive.

- Can't comment on the night time show one, never heard anyone say that.

- DHS: Jury's still out on this one.

So, you have so far managed to provide no evidence of mis-information. If you really want to advance your personal agenda to dis-credit the insiders you will have to try much harder.

Mike S

- You are the one trying to discredit the insiders, you must provide proof that Avatar went smoothly. Knowing Camerons reputation, it's hard to believe it did go smoothly.

- Mine Train wasn't as problematic as Test Track, but it has had it's share of problems.

- Maelstrom, we haven't seen the final product yet, so we can't make a judgement on that one. (And note the Spirit reported here very early on that Maelstrom becoming Frozen was definitively happening).

So, you have so far managed to provide no evidence of mis-information. If you really want to advance your personal agenda to dis-credit the insiders you will have to try much harder.
Actually he did give evidence.

Against himself.

MerlinTheGoat

What was said about Pandora that has been proven wrong? The only thing that any credible source said about it was that the project was having troubles which is not in the hard to believe at all. We certainly have no proof that the project went smoothly.
This. Bob Iger confirmed publicly some years ago that Pandora would be complete in 2015, not long after it was first announced to the public in September 2011. After almost no comments about the project for years besides generic "it's still coming", it's quite obvious that it's a troubled project. Only idiots can ignore blatant problems in a project when its official completion date pushed back 2 years (2015 to 2017). And even then there's legit reasons to worry it won't be even ready by 2017. 2015 is upon us and they've made negligible progress on the land preparation thus far, still no vertical construction to be seen. Disney drags their feet like no one else, it'll be a miracle if the entire land is finished by 2017 at the rate they've been going so far.

BTW, JT as you may recall was adamant that Hyperion Wharf was not canceled up until the very day it was confirmed officially that the project was no more.

You might also want to wait for an actual announcement regarding DHS, it's going to happen but insiders have regardless been confirming projects have been on the table for years and its inevitable at this point. The question is when though. It is fully expected that whatever projects happen will take many years. 2015 is fast approaching and there's still no announcement or construction going on yet. Whenever it's announced, add at LEAST 3-4 years to build it, depending on the quality of the project and budget. That's also an ideal scenario where it's not delayed like Avatar.

WDW1974 was the one who broke the Frozen overlay news in the first place back many months ago in early summer, I fully expect his words regarding its quality (a cheap and disappointing overlay) to be entirely correct.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This. Bob Iger confirmed publicly some years ago that Pandora would be complete in 2015, not long after it was first announced to the public in September 2011. After almost no comments about the project for years besides generic "it's still coming", it's quite obvious that it's a troubled project. This is even more obvious when you take a 2015 date and push it back to 2017. And there's plenty of reason to worry that it won't be ready in 2017 as well. 2015 is upon us and they've made negligible progress on the land preparation thus far, still no vertical construction to be seen. Disney drags their feet like no one else, it'll be a miracle if the entire land is finished by 2017 at the rate they've been going so far.

BTW, JT as you may recall was adamant that Hyperion Wharf was not canceled up until the very day it was confirmed officially that the project was no more.

You might also want to wait for an actual announcement regarding DHS, it's going to happen but insiders have regardless been confirming projects have been on the table for years and its inevitable at this point. The question is when though. It is fully expected that whatever projects happen will take many years. 2015 is fast approaching and there's still no announcement or construction going on yet. Whenever it's announced, add at LEAST 3-4 years to build it, depending on the quality of the project and budget. That's also an ideal scenario where it's not delayed like Avatar.

You are clearly part of the conspiracy trying to spread dis-information to destroy Disney. ;)

Phil12

Unfortunately for me, few of the literary giants have made quotes about Epcot that I could reference.
Three hundred and sixty six years before the opening of EPCOT Center, Shakespeare died and was buried below the Holy Trinity Church in Stratford-upon-Avon. Therefore we can rule out the bard for any applicable quotes. Ray Bradbury might fill the bill but I think he's too dystopian. I suppose you're right and Ocean's Twelve is the best reference.

ThemeParkJunkee

On the subject of "fandom"...I like theme parks and I am not strictly a "Disney Fan". There are some very impressive offerings at Knotts Berry Farm. There are lovely, themed attractions at Silver Dollar City and Dollywood. There are also some cheap, flat rides. I think WDW is suffering an identity crisis on a grand scale. They are spending so much on MM+, Asian Parks and the cruise line and relying on nostalgia and some sort of "rite of passage" gravitas for attendance. Rather than refresh and renew their Florida parks in keeping with the vision originally intended, they are choosing to manipulate the likely clientele (nostalgia buffs and first timers who consider WDW a necessary rite of passage for their offspring) into "WDW only vacations. This will add days to the average trip and make it inconvenient and expensive to go anywhere else in Orlando.

I am seriously dissapointed in the ease with which TDO dismisses their original goals, intent and mission for the sake of attendance figures, net revenue and publicity and stock prices. Yes, publicity. "Frozen" was a good movie. Did it deserve to take over 3/4 of WDW Parks? Ummmm....no. But the lack of quality offerings of another type makes it the cheap and easy way to increase...attendance, revenue and publicity for the (possible) direct to DVD releases of the next "Frozen" sequel.

I am not afraid to take my money elsewhere. I actually do visit the "real" countries of World Showcase. I am of Norwegian descent and frequent a local Norwegian restaurant specializing in award winning pies and jams.

I'm not happy about this...I don't like cartoon overlays of the latest, greatest, animated feature but I do get a vote. My vacation dollars. I will spend them where I believe the value and valuable lies.

TeriofTerror

Three hundred and sixty six years before the opening of EPCOT Center, Shakespeare died and was buried below the Holy Trinity Church in Stratford-upon-Avon. Therefore we can rule out the bard for any applicable quotes. Ray Bradbury might fill the bill but I think he's too dystopian. I suppose you're right and Ocean's Twelve is the best reference.
I thought I might have a shot with Dickens, but much to my dismay "A Tale of Two Cities" ended up not being about Future World and World Showcase coming together to form one park. Unless that process was a lot more turbulent and violent than I realized...

jt04

I am not trying to discredit our insiders. I have always said Martin and Steve have impeccable reputations for providing accurate information. And I won't try to prove what likely never happened. Because that is next to impossible. Rather I will focus on all the new construction. With much more on the way.

Cesar R M

I've been saying this for some time now. What is worse is that it is a view shared and celebrated by many so-called theme park fans. Being "just" theme parks and unimportant, even compared to other methods of storytelling, is a very common position that is proudly proclaimed even outside of the Disney theme park. That idea of theme parks of being of no importance had been repeatedly stated in this very thread.

Absolute nonsense. Impress the fans and you will more than likely impress the masses. The very film this is about had a name change and lousy marketing campaign because the film itself was not properly made to go for "what the masses want" and it in turn has pulled in over one billion dollars. The Avengers, another film to recently make a boat load of money, was helmed by a man who has repeatedly "failed" because he did not "appeal to the masses."

The factors that drove the change in business model was the promotion of people who were familiar with malls and a per square footage analysis but completely unfamiliar with theme parks. Walt Disney World is no longer a single business venture, but a geographic region of competing businesses that just happen to share ownership.

Lets not forget Guardians of the Galaxy.

If you take DC's excuses for not making a wonder woman movie.. Marvel was "well, have a raccoon with a giant gun and a talking tree!"

lazyboy97o

I thought I might have a shot with Dickens, but much to my dismay "A Tale of Two Cities" ended up not being about Future World and World Showcase coming together to form one park. Unless that process was a lot more turbulent and violent than I realized...
It was the best of times, WED Imagineering was a flourishing group of Renaissance men about to build the future.
It was the worst of times, filmmaking at Walt Disney Studios was lost and hemorrhaging cash, a situation that would lead to new leadership and that would be blamed on the EPCOT Center.

Cesar R M

This. Bob Iger confirmed publicly some years ago that Pandora would be complete in 2015, not long after it was first announced to the public in September 2011. After almost no comments about the project for years besides generic "it's still coming", it's quite obvious that it's a troubled project. Only idiots can ignore blatant problems in a project when its official completion date pushed back 2 years (2015 to 2017). And even then there's legit reasons to worry it won't be even ready by 2017. 2015 is upon us and they've made negligible progress on the land preparation thus far, still no vertical construction to be seen. Disney drags their feet like no one else, it'll be a miracle if the entire land is finished by 2017 at the rate they've been going so far.

WDW1974 was the one who broke the Frozen overlay news in the first place back many months ago in early summer, I fully expect his words regarding its quality (a cheap and disappointing overlay) to be entirely correct.
Speaking of avatar... as it gone vertical yet?

I still remember that the possibility of it opening in "phases" (due of Disney dragging to cheapen the hit on the stocks).. might be a reality.

You are clearly part of the conspiracy trying to spread dis-information to destroy Disney. ;)
u8D0t7x.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
I am not trying to discredit our insiders. I have always said Martin and Steve have impeccable reputations for providing accurate information. And I won't try to prove what likely never happened. Because that is next to impossible. Rather I will focus on all the new construction. With much more on the way.

If you're focusing on all the new construction, you're limiting yourself to currently discussing pandora and Disney springs, since those are the only projects that actually have dirt being moved.

Mr Anderson

On the subject of "fandom"...I like theme parks and I am not strictly a "Disney Fan". There are some very impressive offerings at Knotts Berry Farm. There are lovely, themed attractions at Silver Dollar City and Dollywood. There are also some cheap, flat rides. I think WDW is suffering an identity crisis on a grand scale. They are spending so much on MM+, Asian Parks and the cruise line and relying on nostalgia and some sort of "rite of passage" gravitas for attendance. Rather than refresh and renew their Florida parks in keeping with the vision originally intended, they are choosing to manipulate the likely clientele (nostalgia buffs and first timers who consider WDW a necessary rite of passage for their offspring) into "WDW only vacations. This will add days to the average trip and make it inconvenient and expensive to go anywhere else in Orlando.

I am seriously dissapointed in the ease with which TDO dismisses their original goals, intent and mission for the sake of attendance figures, net revenue and publicity and stock prices. Yes, publicity. "Frozen" was a good movie. Did it deserve to take over 3/4 of WDW Parks? Ummmm....no. But the lack of quality offerings of another type makes it the cheap and easy way to increase...attendance, revenue and publicity for the (possible) direct to DVD releases of the next "Frozen" sequel.

I am not afraid to take my money elsewhere. I actually do visit the "real" countries of World Showcase. I am of Norwegian descent and frequent a local Norwegian restaurant specializing in award winning pies and jams.

I'm not happy about this...I don't like cartoon overlays of the latest, greatest, animated feature but I do get a vote. My vacation dollars. I will spend them where I believe the value and valuable lies.
While I am still excited for my upcoming trip, I have to agree with you. This post hits the nail on the head, and I'd have to say it's the best post on this entire thread, IMHO.
slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Cesar R M

If you're focusing on all the new construction, you're limiting yourself to currently discussing pandora and Disney springs, since those are the only projects that actually have dirt being moved.
I'm actually laughing at his comment.
Considered he was on a 3 full month blasting spree on Lee and pheneix. About their leaks and trying every single time to discredit them.

Last edited:

ThemeParkJunkee

While I am still excited for my upcoming trip, I have to agree with you. This post hits the nail on the head, and I'd have to say it's the best post on this entire thread, IMHO.
slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif
Oh my. Thank you. I'm just expressing how I feel on a forum thread that truly allows such a thing. ETA: I am also going to WDW (and US/IOA, SW, and BGT) in three weeks. I planned it 18 months ago.

Marc Gil

Just made my FP ressies for Maelstrom on October 4th.

It's gonna be hard to say goodbye. I'm going to miss Chuck Norris in the mural, the ridiculously campy/corny dialogue, and of course the random North Sea climax...

It's such a terrible ride, but boy will I miss it.

ThemeParkJunkee

Somewhere, on this or another thread, you may read about my feelings for Epcot as well as the reactions of my 9 and 11 year old children. It was their favorite park for all the reasons TDO thought it needed to change. So sad.

jt04

True if you do not count the new hub, all the projects at DAK (including new nightime show), the 'clearing of the decks' and new permits at the studios, announced Frozen at WS , rumored Soarin' exansion with new film, Poly overhaul with new rooms on the SSL, PPF queue and FC construction.

Whew.

jt04

True if you do not count the new hub, all the projects at DAK (including new nightime show), the 'clearing of the decks' and new permits at the studios, announced Frozen at WS , rumored Soarin' exansion with new film, Poly overhaul with new rooms on the SSL, PPF queue and FC construction.

Whew.

I am sure I missed something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom