Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Cesar R M

so ok, epcot continues to stay stagnant, is that any better?
lets face it WDW is just a tourist destination.. here to please the masses...
You could take a lesson from Drax, Nothing goes over his head (the point went right above from yours) :hilarious:

(to clarify.. NOBODY WANTS EPCOT TO STAY STAGNANT, they just want something good for once than overhyped princesses)

MerlinTheGoat

so ok, epcot continues stay stagnant, is that any better?
As stated, no one wants EPCOT to remain stagnant, but many here are rational enough not to beg for change when they realize that change will compromise core values whilst providing nothing of value in return. Maelstrom remaining in its current form is definitely preferable to a cheap and crappy Frozen overlay.

So if you prefer to look at it in that wording, yes stagnation is in this case preferable to the only alternative being presented in the short term. I prefer a third option though, running out the clock until some new blood is brought in who actually understands the parks and how to run them. No matter how long that takes. Hopefully bringing in a good solid restructure to the company as a whole. Who knows? Maybe someone who would give us a well done Frozen ride where it actually belongs while paying EPCOT the proper respect it deserves and keeping that kind of nonsense out. And whether that happens or not, I still prefer keeping Norway the way it is now than have Igor (yes I typed that deliberately) and his cronies drop their pants and "let it go" all over everything. World Showcase is (as of this moment) still in a position to be salvaged without TOO much trouble, simply by having the right people in power willing to correct and expand/enhance it in the right way. I believe someone posted some concept art the other day for a proposed enhancement for Maelstrom without compromising its original vision. I can't see how anyone could think that a cheapo toon overlay is going to make this ride feel more fresh (it's not even going to fix the only glaring problem with the original ride in the first place- its short length).

The most lasting damage done to that side of EPCOT thus far has been the Mexico overlay, and even that could be fixed pretty easily (it's mostly just a matter of swapping out video and sound clips). A Frozen overlay to Maelstrom though (while not the first or last of the damage done) is one more step farther away from being able to save the park.

time to face it..WDW will never be as innovative as DL or the other parks in the world..
Magic Kingdom wasn't as innovative due to being based on Disneyland, but EPCOT in its original form was definitely as innovative as DL if not moreso. The concept of WDW as a theme park centered vacation destination was quite an innovation.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

will u get a FP for it or go standby ?
I'm quite unsure whether i'll ride Frozen at all, i first intend to look at videos online when it opens to see whether I even want to bother. Some might frown upon this, but I don't care when it comes to a cheaply made overlay (I wish i had done this prior to riding the current version of Imagination as it perhaps wouldn't have been such a devastating blow). It also depends on whether I happen to feel like buying a ticket to WDW in the first place by that time (I haven't been since early 2012).

If I do feel inclined to ride, i'll try to go during slow season and try the standby line at first to see if the wait is sane. Fastpass if even non busy times are too crowded. Again though, if the video ridethroughs don't look good however, I may not even ride at all or even visit that side of the park anymore. I'll stick to Spaceship Earth and The Land in Future World (skipping the other side), and not going all the way around World Showcase (prioritizing France and American Adventure for the most time spent on that side).

MerlinTheGoat

your a nice poster, i was only kidding
Wasn't sure whether you were being sarcastic or not, so I just made a serious post anyways! :p

I'm considering taking a trip up to WDW next week unless things get in the way again (earlier this month i had to cancel the trip I had planned, had a minor but painful medical problem that ate into my entertainment budget). We'll now see how the weather holds up. I'm only a few hours drive away and it's really not a major expense to visit when i'm so inclined. I've been eager to ride Splash Mountain again since it has been refurbished and restored to better condition again, and i'm also wanting to give a farewell to Maelstrom once more before it's gone forever. So i've some incentives to visit at the moment.

lazyboy97o

time to face it..WDW will never be as innovative as DL or the other parks in the world..

who is drax?

i need to correct myself on above post...WDW was and is still capable of creating 1st rate attractions..

why wouldnt they take advantage of frozen?...
keep visiting here we will gladly take your tourist dollars, ed at epcot or not
A first rate attraction at a theme park is one that fits the theme.

How do you know who is and is not still visiting?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I am not trying to discredit our insiders. I have always said Martin and Steve have impeccable reputations for providing accurate information. And I won't try to prove what likely never happened. Because that is next to impossible. Rather I will focus on all the new construction. With much more on the way.

So you respect Martin, but are still going accuse him of spreading dis-information? How can he have an impeccable reputation if he is spreading information you say is false?

jt04

So you respect Martin, but are still going accuse him of spreading dis-information? How can he have an impeccable reputation if he is spreading information you say is false?

Perhaps you misread. I only consider him and the owner of this web site to be credible insiders on these boards. I thought you were above such politics. Live and learn.

PS Have you seen the magical front page today? All is proceeding as I have always said it would. :geek:

ABQ

Just made my FP ressies for Maelstrom on October 4th.

It's gonna be hard to say goodbye. I'm going to miss Chuck Norris in the mural, the ridiculously campy/corny dialogue, and of course the random North Sea climax...

It's such a terrible ride, but boy will I miss it.

Bring these, don't get off the boat without a fight!
01-P1050667.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Perhaps you misread. I only consider him and the owner of this web site to be credible insiders on these boards. I thought you were above such politics. Live and learn.

PS Have you seen the magical front page today? All is proceeding as I have always said it would. :geek:

Ok, let me see if I have this straight...

1. You consider Martin a credible insider
2. Martin has said in posts that Avatar was "on life support"
3. You emphatically refute the idea that the Avatar project ran into troubles and have always called this "dis-information"

How does this add up?

Mawg

They should build a Cars Land in Tomorrow land at the MK, Build a cool new StarWars land in AK, build some houses with cool new modern architecture on Main Street...There are no rules any more if you can add fictional lands to World Showcase. Theming is what sets Disney apart. I really liked the movie and would enjoy a Frozen attraction but it belongs in World Showcase as much as the Hall of Presidents belongs in Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom