Disney Confidential says Wishes will be ending soon?

alya922

I'm not questioning that people may prefer one show over another, I was questioning more the actual flat-out dislike for Wishes. It's one thing to say that you'd prefer one of the other shows, but another to say that Wishes is not a good show.

Like all art, it is very subjective, but in terms of MK shows, Wishes for me is the best of them. The pyro design is so well done, and the show has feeling. Holiday Wishes and Hallowishes are good changes for their events, but they are not as good as Wishes in my opinion.

I really like Eric Tucker's pyro design, and his two shows at WDW for me are the best.

I couldn't agree with your post any more if I tried! lol

I'm extremely glad Wishes is sticking around! It is by far my favorite fireworks show over the past 27 years I have been going! Others may not feel that way, but Wishes is true Disney magic for me! and I'm not even really into fireworks! The score is probably what I truly love; it's just amazing to me!

It's very interesting to see how different we all are and this thread really displays that! I didn't like Magic, Memories and You and was actually bored waiting for Wishes! lol

I desperately missed SpectroMagic the past 2 times I went, though I know many love the Main St Electrical Parade better. I guess I'll be happy about keeping Wishes and others can be happy about MSEP! lol :)

jrh1985

Just read this on another forum...... dont recall reading this anywhere.... kind of mixed feelings on this... be great to have a new show espescially if it is an awesome 40th birthday show...but if this also means Wishes is done for good I would hope they at least ran Wishes sometimes still like they do Fantasy in the Sky.

BEGIN PASTE

Disney Confidential: Wishes will be ending soon

June 13, 2011 Anonymouse 0 Comments and 1 Reaction

Check out the Disney Store Sale! Shop Now to Save up to 65% on your favorite Disney Items!

Hey there guys and gals Anonymouse here!

Okay, you know how I love gossip and will usually just throw something out with little more than a caveat that it’s just a rumor? Well today I want to tell you about something that’s bound to bring a tear to the eyes of even the most cold-hearted among you (and you know who you are). It might even make you angry. It’s the rumor that Wishes will be ending within a month or so.

I know, I know! Now don’t get all upset. I actually doesn’t like fireworks (they wear on my delicate nerves) but I know how everyone else pretty much just LOVES Wishes and thinks it’s the be all end all, and so I feel bad spreading this vile rumor even though I am most often found on Splash Mountain, or eating (duh) or even in the bathrooom (possibly hiding) during Wishes. Anonymouse has empathy, and I’m feeling it for you, lovers of Wishes.

Anyway, here’s what I’ve heard. That a big load of fireworks were ordered and that cast members are telling people that Wishes is going to be replaced by another show.

That’s it. Sorry it wasn’t more juicy but I felt compelled to report on it since it’s all over the place.

I’ll keep you posted if we hear something concrete.

END OF PASTE

Anyone know if the load ordered was larger than last year? If it is, that may be why we’re hearing rumors. Also, is Magic, Memories, You part of the order now? I know that is only 10 seconds of pyro, but its still pyro. Now with Magic, Memories, You showing twice a night, the order might “look” larger?
Even though this might be a false rumor, I find it interesting that there have been 2 BIG rumors about 2 BIG shows at MK in like 2 weeks. How do these rumors start? From inside MK? If that’s true, how do we know these aren’t rumors??? I’m not doubting anyone on here, I just would love to know what MK is dong backstage these days!!

etwtec

No there is no truth to this, Wishes is not ending soon.

What about a new daytime parade? Which is the other rumor going around...

I wish MM&M would replace Wishes. Even with less fireworks it would still be a great show! Or maybe Magical from DL

raven

If this rumor were true, my neighbor (who does pyrotechnics at MK) would've told me by now.

It would be cool to see something new for the 40th but something tells me they are saving it for the 50th.

ejeremy98

One can only hope MK gets Remember Dreams Come True from DL. It'd have to be slightly modified, but it's the best fireworks Disney has ever produced, imo.

AGREED! RDCT is amazing. it's also very appropriate for a park anniversary as it focuses more on park rides than on movie characters.

devoy1701

If this rumor were true, my neighbor (who does pyrotechnics at MK) would've told me by now.

It would be cool to see something new for the 40th but something tells me they are saving it for the 50th.

Thanks Raven. There's no way they can blow over the 50th without much celebration. I just wish we didn't have to wait another 10 years for it!

TP2000

What with Soundsational, WoC and all of the other new seasonal fireworks shows that recently premiered at DL I'm willing to bet Steve Davidson hasn't even had the chance to bat an eye towards Orlando.

Disneyland has been getting a ton of attention in the last few years, and has been taking up a lot of Steve Davison's time. The new Mickey's Soundsational Parade alone was a huge endeavor for him. Rumor is there's a new patriotic version of World of Color coming next month at DCA for Independence Day weekend, for example.

Steve also just returned from Tokyo where he debuted the latest version of Fantasmic! at DisneySea.

And since Steve Davison is the Senior Vice President of Parades and Spectaculars, a pretty darn cool executive title if I've ever heard one, he would need to free up some time on his schedule from all the work Anaheim and Tokyo keep throwing his way if he were to do something new for Orlando.

I just don't think TDO is willing to lay down the cash to get Steve to do anything new for them, to put it quite bluntly. :lookaroun

Neverland

Yeah, I know some of those guys too, and I've heard absolutely nothing from them. A lot of them were on the opening crew for Wishes and would definitely talk about it going away if it were.

devoy1701

Disneyland has been getting a ton of attention in the last few years, and has been taking up a lot of Steve Davison's time. The new Mickey's Soundsational Parade alone was a huge endeavor for him. Rumor is there's a new patriotic version of World of Color coming next month at DCA for Independence Day weekend, for example.

Steve also just returned from Tokyo where he debuted the latest version of Fantasmic! at DisneySea.

And since Steve Davison is the Senior Vice President of Parades and Spectaculars, a pretty darn cool executive title if I've ever heard one, he would need to free up some time on his schedule from all the work Anaheim and Tokyo keep throwing his way if he were to do something new for Orlando.

I just don't think TDO is willing to lay down the cash to get Steve to do anything new for them, to put it quite bluntly. :lookaroun

My new goal in life is to have a title that has the word Spectaculars in it. What an epic win!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Don Dorsey tends to be used at WDW, so Steve wouldn't have to free up much time. WDW has produced some of the greatest night shows anywhere under his direction.

And if you are in any doubt about WDW's ability to put on a big show - see http://www.wdwmagic.com/Events/welcome-to-our-world/Video.htm

The biggest firework show DIsney has even produced, and it was all done in house by WDW entertainment.

bgraham34

My favorite part of Wishes is the music and the meaning of Wishes. But isn't that the problem with all the music in the parks. It invokes an emotional response and its hard to get past that when it is replaced.

Dads 2 Boys

Glad it's not true and here's why. I think for most of you that keep saying Wishes (and Fantasmic) has run it's course are ones that go to WDW at least annually or even multiple times per year and I can see how that could get tedious. However, take a look at it from the perspective of the guests that only go (for whatever reason) every 2,3,4 yrs , etc... or maybe even the first time guests. The show is still very special and magical.

I can tell you from only having seen it twice that IMO it's still a great show! My family and I can't wait to see it in October. :sohappy:

The Andrews

Mixed feelings.....

Well yes something new would be nice to experience, but totally doing away with wishes might be a little overboard and too abrubt. Theres got to be some sort of happy medium where you can phase in something new without totally phasing out the old. Whether we want to admit it or not were all a little bit sentimental about certain things that come attatched to memories. My daughter has only known wishes and for me its special because it is THE ONLY fireworks at Disney she has ever known. Yes im sure others were attatched to the one before just as much but im just making my case. Particularly the Holiday wishes, thats so awesome and as my wife and daughter stare in awe as the music plays, It doesnt get much better than that. But thats just my opinion..........

puntagordabob

Original Poster
Don't sweat it. As Agent Smith would say: ' It's inevitable." :lol:

Yeah lol true true

Don Dorsey tends to be used at WDW, so Steve wouldn't have to free up much time. WDW has produced some of the greatest night shows anywhere under his direction.

And if you are in any doubt about WDW's ability to put on a big show - see http://www.wdwmagic.com/Events/welcome-to-our-world/Video.htm

The biggest firework show DIsney has even produced, and it was all done in house by WDW entertainment.

WOW......that was just plain awesome

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom