Disney Confidential says Wishes will be ending soon?

mm52200

Nowadays the only way I could see the rumor of Wishes ending playing out is that they just keep MMAY in it's place with no real firework show replacement. With today's current management, that's really not too far fetched...

jato4x4

Or maybe the excess fireworks that were purchased is for a Nightatastic return? Just a thought, a highly doubtful one but still a thought

boufa

Here is why I think there is little chance of changing it... there are about 1% of the people who attend Disney who would even notice if it was changed. For 99% (including me) it a fireworks show. Sure, I liked it, but honestly, I am a simple man who enjoys fireworks shows. Why invest time and money into changing a show that could be almost anything and be successful to nearly every human being who walks through the door.

Changing wishes to another fireworks show would be the same as changing the pattern in the cement in front if Innoventions. As long as there is a sidewalk still there, I wouldn't care, and neither would most people.

Kamikaze

Wishes, while ok, has been my least favorite MK fireworks show that I remember. Illuminations is still my #1 and Fantasmic my #2 with Wishes a distant #3.

I'd be happy to see a new show.

Only one of those shows was at MK...

On topic:
Disney doesn't change nighttime shows on a whim. Wishes will be around for a very long time. Will it be tweaked, plussed, etc? Yes. Removed? No, not in the short term.

disnyfan89

I highly doubt we are getting a new parade or fireworks show in the near future here at WDW. What with Soundsational, WoC and all of the other new seasonal fireworks shows that recently premiered at DL I'm willing to bet Steve Davidson hasn't even had the chance to bat an eye towards Orlando.

WeLoveTheMouse

For 99% (including me) it a fireworks show. Sure, I liked it, but honestly, I am a simple man who enjoys fireworks shows. Why invest time and money into changing a show that could be almost anything and be successful to nearly every human being who walks through the door.

Well put. I feel the same way, as long as there is some form of fireworks, I'm going to be happy.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Or maybe the excess fireworks that were purchased is for a Nightatastic return? Just a thought, a highly doubtful one but still a thought

The more likely reason is that the original rumor was just that - a rumor. Nightastic is not coming back this year, and Wishes is staying.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The Summer Nightastic fireworks were better then Wishes. I wish they would have stuck to that show and got rid of Wishes.

Nightastic was a special event show which used a lot of pyro and a lot of launch locations that caused operational issues around the park. It wouldn't be feasible to do that on a daily basis - but would be very nice of course :)

RSoxNo1

I do think that the castle projections can and should be incorporated into an improved version of Wishes. They can stretch the show another 5 minutes with no additional pyro by using those castle projections.

Edit: How long does it take the Trip Countdown to update? I changed my next trip to September 16th from December 30th in my profile but my stamp still says 198 days.

Jakester

I would doubt if summer nightastic was currently playing. If a new fireworks show does come, it better blow my mind. and IMO id like to see a new day parade before a fireworks show

_Scar

If it ends in a month and it's true, will they have something to replace it? I'm staying at BLT in August..... fireworks at MK will be a big deal lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom