Disney Confidential says Wishes will be ending soon?

menamechris

I really liked having a different show during the summer. I wish they would revisit this possibility - just to switch things up. I am sure the Summer Nightastic show can be done without the peripheral fireworks that were apparently a hassle. Unfortunately, I think the Summer Nightastic concept is dead - so unless they want to rename the show again - which would be a little lame - I suspect we will never see that fireworks show again.

10Magic

If Disney does something along the lines of a WDW version of Remember... Dreams Come True for the 40th, I think it would receive a resoundingly positive reaction in the fan community.

After seeing Remember... at DLR, I can barely even watch Wishes! anymore. Remember... absolutely blows it out of the water.

That said, I'll believe it when I see it.
That's amazing to me, Tom, since I LOVE Wishes! I've never been to DL, but if there's something that blows Wishes away, I may have to make the trip! Let's see what happens at WDW.

WDWFigment

Nightastic was a special event show which used a lot of pyro and a lot of launch locations that caused operational issues around the park. It wouldn't be feasible to do that on a daily basis - but would be very nice of course :)

A lot of pyro (although to be fair, my eye isn't exactly trained to gauge amounts of pyro used--it certainly seems like Remember uses more than Wishes!, though) and operational headaches? Sounds pretty similar to Remember...

Except Remember... is feasible. Oh wait, that's because it's put on in Disneyland, where a minor expense or effort doesn't render something "not feasible."

devoy1701

Just going to throw it out there that Wishes is only 8 years old, and it replaced a 32 year old show. As much as I would like to see a replacement incorporating the MMY tech, Wishes might have some legs left!

menamechris

A lot of pyro (although to be fair, my eye isn't exactly trained to gauge amounts of pyro used--it certainly seems like Remember uses more than Wishes!, though) and operational headaches? Sounds pretty similar to Remember...

Except Remember... is feasible. Oh wait, that's because it's put on in Disneyland, where a minor expense or effort doesn't render something "not feasible."

Exactly! I couldn't agree more.

So how long before someone posts something about how Disneyland has to do it because they are catering to locals - and WDW doesn't have to... It seems that excuse works its way into any discussion where Disneyland comes out ahead or superior.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

and also the place where the slightest gust of wind disables the entire show.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm kind of surprised by a lot of the anti-Wishes comments here. I still consider it to be a top-notch firework show with some great firework design and staging. Along with Reflections of Earth I think WDW still provides the best overall resort for fireworks. It still generates very high ratings amongst guest surveys, but obviously not with some of you.

WDWFigment

I'm kind of surprised by a lot of the anti-Wishes comments here. I still consider it to be a top-notch firework show with some great firework design and staging. Along with Reflections of Earth I think WDW still provides the best overall resort for fireworks. It still generates very high ratings amongst guest surveys, but obviously not with some of you.

Illuminations is absolutely amazing. I doubt anything will ever be able to top that for me.

By contrast, Wishes is probably my least favorite fireworks show I've seen (that I can recall) at a Disney theme park. I still love it, but relative to the rest of the shows I've seen, it's my least favorite. That is my basis for wanting to see it replaced. If Disney can create (what I think are) so many superior fireworks shows, what's to say the replacement for Wishes! wouldn't be superior to it? Especially if it follows the Remember... formula, I think it's sure to be a hit.

I guess my retort to your comment, Steve, and everyone else here saying something along the lines of "I would be disappointed if Wishes were replaced" is: have you seen Remember...? I can't imagine people would be reluctant to hear of Wishes being replaced if they've seen Remember...

Here's how I would rank the MK-style shows:

1. Remember... (by a wide margin)
2. Holiday Wishes!
3. Summer Nightastic/Magic, Music, & Mayhem
4. HalloWishes!
5. Magical (DLR's Summer Nightastic show)
6. Wishes!

jaques21

there might actually be truth to this, wasnt the MK running firework rehearsals a few months ago and im ready for something new lol as long as there is FIREWORKS!!!

devoy1701

Personally, I think it has to do with the amount of times I've seen it, then comparing it to shows I've seen that I consider better productions like IllumiNations, HalloWishes, or Remember. Plus I think that Wishes is toooo sappy and needs to be updated with movies post Eisner Era.

IllumiNations definitely affects me more emotionally than Wishes does!

menamechris

I have to say - I am certainly not anti-Wishes, I do think it is a great show - but I am hoping I am not watching Wishes every visit for the next 20 years. I think something should happen so that it doesn't become stale as the years go on....just my opinion.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Illuminations is absolutely amazing. I doubt anything will ever be able to top that for me.

By contrast, Wishes is probably my least favorite fireworks show I've seen (that I can recall) at a Disney theme park. I still love it, but relative to the rest of the shows I've seen, it's my least favorite. That is my basis for wanting to see it replaced. If Disney can create (what I think are) so many superior fireworks shows, what's to say the replacement for Wishes! wouldn't be superior to it? Especially if it follows the Remember... formula, I think it's sure to be a hit.

I guess my retort to your comment, Steve, and everyone else here saying something along the lines of "I would be disappointed if Wishes were replaced" is: have you seen Remember...? I can't imagine people would be reluctant to hear of Wishes being replaced if they've seen Remember...

Here's how I would rank the MK-style shows:

1. Remember... (by a wide margin)
2. Holiday Wishes!
3. Summer Nightastic/Magic, Music, & Mayhem
4. HalloWishes!
5. Magical (DLR's Summer Nightastic show)
6. Wishes!

I'm not questioning that people may prefer one show over another, I was questioning more the actual flat-out dislike for Wishes. It's one thing to say that you'd prefer one of the other shows, but another to say that Wishes is not a good show.

I failed to see the DL shows on 3 consecutive nights on my last visit due to a slight breeze. So I have only seen them in video format.

Like all art, it is very subjective, but in terms of MK shows, Wishes for me is the best of them. The pyro design is so well done, and the show has feeling. Holiday Wishes and Hallowishes are good changes for their events, but they are not as good as Wishes in my opinion.

I really like Eric Tucker's pyro design, and his two shows at WDW for me are the best.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
there might actually be truth to this, wasnt the MK running firework rehearsals a few months ago and im ready for something new lol as long as there is FIREWORKS!!!

No there is no truth to this, Wishes is not ending soon.

puntagordabob

Original Poster
I agree about the Remember Dreams Come True show being better than Wishes.... and that show even incorporates some of the Wishes music...

lol just posted cuz I saw this somewhere else... didnt mean to get people upset at one another for sure!

WDWmazprty

I agree about the Remember Dreams Come True show being better than Wishes.... and that show even incorporates some of the Wishes music...

lol just posted cuz I saw this somewhere else... didnt mean to get people upset at one another for sure!

Don't sweat it. As Agent Smith would say: ' It's inevitable." :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom