Disney Character Bloopers

BRER DAD

I was watching Fantasmic a couple of years ago and Mickey fell of the mountain. I dont know what happened to Mickey, but the show was stopped. Im sure he get hurt. Some people thought it was part of the show but I had seen it before and knew somthing was wrong.

bingie

It's amazing what guests will do to the characters.

A few weeks back in Canada, these brazilian tourists decided to run after Kenai pulling on his head.

Luckily I was there to help out and get kenai safely backstage - after words I chastised the girls for being so stupid.

;)

joanna71985

I have a few more.

1. Now this one is not a blooper, but it is really funny (and it is on the topic of tour groups). Last year on my CP I had a roomie who was a character attendant as well. She had been to Brazil on a mission trip for a year, and can speak Portugiese (sp) very well. Now, she is very pale skinned, blond hair, the whole works. She is working at Pooh's Playground when some members of a tour group come up and try to cut the line. They pretend not to understand and are speaking in Portugiese (of course thinking that she can't understand). Well, she comes up to them and speaks back telling them that what they are doing will not be allowed. They all got this look of shock on their face, and I just about fell over laughing when she told me.

2. Mickey got an "earache" during SADCT last year.

3. Fairy Godmother lost her bloomers during Cinderellabration.

WDWKat26

A few weeks back in Canada, these brazilian tourists decided to run after Kenai pulling on his head.

Luckily I was there to help out and get kenai safely backstage - after words I chastised the girls for being so stupid.

;)

And Kenai was very very grateful for that ;)

P.S.-Joanna, that Mrs. Potts video is on my Myspace :)

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
This made me extremly angry with disney

AT fantsmic know how all the different mickeys come out? Well they When the one rises from teh mountain after the the sorcer one leaves well the rose the mcikey fromn the mountain while the other mickey was on stage so there was 2 mickeys on stage at once and all the people were like haha or oh or aa and u could hear it all around and then one mickey QUIKLY left!

drew81

;)

good thing I wasn't there!

ltp74

I saw some kid elbow Goofy in the pills, he was bent over for a good 5 minutes.

I heard a Pluto bust out laughing when my uncle who would always say what everyone was thinking went off of some guy who couldnt figure out how to work his Instamatic Camera.

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
I saw some kid elbow Goofy in the pills, he was bent over for a good 5 minutes.

I heard a Pluto bust out laughing when my uncle who would always say what everyone was thinking went off of some guy who couldnt figure out how to work his Instamatic Camera.

HAHA!

Rob562

This made me extremly angry with disney

AT fantsmic know how all the different mickeys come out? Well they When the one rises from teh mountain after the the sorcer one leaves well the rose the mcikey fromn the mountain while the other mickey was on stage so there was 2 mickeys on stage at once and all the people were like haha or oh or aa and u could hear it all around and then one mickey QUIKLY left!

"Extremely angry"?

I do technical theater work in my spare time. Things happen, no matter HOW many times you've done a show. Microphones die, scene changes take too long, props break, lights burn out at the most inopportune time, cues are missed...

Even though it has a recorded soundtrack, Fantasmic is a *live* show. There are a LOT of split-second cues during the show and things can (and do) go wrong. ANd there is a lot of technology involved in the show. The cast and crew is good enough to recover from most problems, but occasionally things just get messed up. It's not like Disney planned it ("Hey! How about we put TWO Mickeys out there tonight in front of 9000 people and listen to everyone gasp?")

To say that a glitch made you extremely angry with Disney (as if it were the company's fault) is either a bit of an over-exaggeration on your part, or demonstration that you get ticked off at minor things...

-Rob
[gets off soapbox]

DisneyFaNatic1

We have Belle falling down on the float in Fantasmic while dancing with the Beast during the Princess medley. The float bumped a little bit, she lost her balance, and flopped down. Of course, Beast helped her up. I'm sure it happens quite alot, I'm sure it's hard maintaining balance while in that huge dress, on a moving float, on water.

ROEFan88

I was watching Fantasmic a couple of years ago and Mickey fell of the mountain. I dont know what happened to Mickey, but the show was stopped. Im sure he get hurt. Some people thought it was part of the show but I had seen it before and knew somthing was wrong.

Really? I was under the impression that Mickey was tied to the mountain, just like in parades many characters are tied to the floats. :shrug: Zooming in on him during Fantasmic reveals a black box directly behind him which i presumed he was attached to.

Craig & Lisa

Really? I was under the impression that Mickey was tied to the mountain, just like in parades many characters are tied to the floats. :shrug: Zooming in on him during Fantasmic reveals a black box directly behind him which i presumed he was attached to.
It's not a box, but a sort of rail that stands behind them. It has a U shape at the top so they can lean into it and never have to worry about if they are in the right place or not. I saw it one time when we were leaving MGM and they were doing a dress rehearsal , you can see the top of the mountain from the railing by the water. There was a CM in Mickey's place and he was leaning against it just before he dropped down. I even got it on video.

Chickapin Chick

I have a few more.

1. Now this one is not a blooper, but it is really funny (and it is on the topic of tour groups). Last year on my CP I had a roomie who was a character attendant as well. She had been to Brazil on a mission trip for a year, and can speak Portugiese (sp) very well. Now, she is very pale skinned, blond hair, the whole works. She is working at Pooh's Playground when some members of a tour group come up and try to cut the line. They pretend not to understand and are speaking in Portugiese (of course thinking that she can't understand). Well, she comes up to them and speaks back telling them that what they are doing will not be allowed. They all got this look of shock on their face, and I just about fell over laughing when she told me.

That is AWESOME. I love stories like that. It's what inspires me to become bilingual. :D

drew81

Who would hurt them? I just want a hug..Especially from Pooh! :)

-Certain Tour Groups with their annoying flags.

-There are Guests who think its funny to come behind a character and tackle them to the concrete and then punch them and kick while others just watch and laugh.

tote3939

Years ago, we were watching the Beauty and the Beast show. At one point, the beast's pants fell down. They handled the problem pretty well. He disappeared off stage and Belle danced with the other characters until he returned.

My 4 year dd was so frightened she said she never wanted to see the show again. She was positive it would happen again. We explained to her that it wasn't a part of the show but she wouldn't believe us. It took several years before we could convince her to try it again. Now she laughs about it.:)

JeffH

Fantasmic: We've seen the floats run into each other before (ironically it happened the same night that Tasha accidentally tossed her new hat into the lagoon...hope it didn't get caught in the rudder:eek: )
In the 100+ times we've seen it we've also witnessed various fireworks failing, the dragon not coming out (the towering witch then lights the fire), the snake immobile, John Smith not swing, Mickey's elevator fail (many times), seen the center crowd get drenched by sheet after sheet of water from the show (we were sitting to the right and got pretty wet ourselves), and recently the cannon failed to fire.
Magic Kingdom snow globe parade...Mickey lost an ear, struggles to find it, doesn't, and then decended into the globe as the parade rounded near the end (we were waiting for the parade to finish to leave the MK).
Epcot Living Seas: A stilt walking 'sea' character by the living seas exit lost their balance and fell hard (while I was videotaping from a distance)...I rushed over to help them up, who went back 'to work'...in this case the suit cushioned them from the fall.

Raven66

-
-There are Guests who think its funny to come behind a character and tackle them to the concrete and then punch them and kick while others just watch and laugh.

That is horrible!!:eek: Who would do such a thing? And what kind of people just stand around and watch? I mean I know it happens, because you hear about someone being attacked and everyone "pretending" it's not happening.

TheDisneyGirl02

Sadly too many people think it's ok to hurt characters. When I used to work with Pluto at the gazebo at Minnie's house, many parents would tell their kids to pull Pluto's tongue or yank his tail. They said 'it wouldn't hurt them'. Yeah, right!

Another time I had an adult try to knock Goofy over the railing by the Castle. People will do stupid things and think it's funny and it's not!!!! :fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom