Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
dawh.jpg
That's just wrong!
laugh2.gif

RadioHead

Should we expect a dedicated land of all things Lucas in DHS by 2020?

Is there possibly a whole new themepark down the road that will be a combination of Marvel and Lucas and all are disney favorites?

I feel really hyped right now, but i'm just trying to digest this info thoroughly...

Help would be appreciated, thanks :)

Computer Magic

One thing to throw water on the droolfest ...

The thing is Disney will have to move quickly to capitalize on this from a parks perspective. ... They can't plan things for 6-8-10 years from now ... they need to pull a UNI and start building ASAP and go from there. They haven't shown they have the ability to turn around quickly and get a project moving (although there are MANY Star Wars and some Indy concepts that have just collected dust that may get looked at with new eyes). This isn't the Disney that buillt EPCOT Center from start to finish in three years. This is the Disney that takes five to build something as tiny and non-earthshaking as the Fantasyland 'expansion'.
You are right on. Disney needs to act on the momentum this give them. Disney didn't need to pay out 4.09 billion to expand Lucasfilm at DHS. Disney paid for 7, 8 and 9th film which was already in the making. Let's hope the theme park at WDW doesn't take a back seat.

Can we go yet?

So will we have new actors for Episode 7? Ford I would imagine wouldn't do it.(This is actually the bad part about this deal..new sequels...in my opinion :/)

luv

Yeah...avatar land isn't as impressive anymore. I think people would be even more thrilled if they created the wookie planet from ROTS.
What would you rather have walking around animal kingdom...tall blue things or wookies?
I don't want either, but I'd rather have the wookies. And I'm not just saying that because it is a contest and I should let the wookie win, lol.

Both belong in DHS, though.

I only ever saw the first Star Wars and haven't even seen that in 30 or more years, lol. I hope if they do SW stuff that at least some of it is from the first movie. And I hope they do it so that today's teens and early 20-something's aren't saying it is just for dorks.

Computer Magic

So will we have new actors for Episode 7? Ford I would imagine wouldn't do it.(This is actually the bad part about this deal..new sequels...in my opinion :/)
Sounds like the 3 movies were already in the works before Disney bought them. The orginial plan was to have 9 movies. Let's face it Lucas would have butchered the last 3 movies, just like the first 3 movies. Then Lucas wouldn't have received his 4.09 billion. A strange number that only makes sense as Disney paid 4 billion for Marvel.. A little ego trip?

SirNim

The theme park aspect of the acquisition seems so overhyped. Star Tours and Indy have been flagship staples of their respective parks around the globe. You can't walk 10 feet in DL's Tomorrowland, or DHS, without bumping into Star Wars merchandise. So I'm like Joy Behar: "So what, who cares?"

Cue the anonymous hordes reminding me of the opportunities for full-scale expansion in DHS and all sorts of other brand new projects in the development pipeline.

cba

It's hard to tell now. If the new Star Wars movies become successful, I would think that Disney would want to add a few more Lucas rides to Hollywood Studios. As for Marvel, I'm surprised there isn't any already, but I would definitely think that Disney' going to add Marvel-themed rides.

mgf

Yeah right, because Steven and George never talk anymore.

Feeding the troll, but I doubt anyone outside of the inner circle knew. Disney paid half in stock, which was issued at today's "closing bell" price. Under normal circumstances, a leak would have moved the stock price and cost Disney millions. I am sure the legal team protected themselves, and I don't think it was a coincidence that this news came out while trading was suspended - kind of like the Apple shakeup.

RadioHead

The theme park aspect of the acquisition seems so overhyped. Star Tours and Indy have been flagship staples of their respective parks around the globe. You can't walk 10 feet in DL's Tomorrowland, or DHS, without bumping into Star Wars merchandise. So I'm like Joy Behar: "So what, who cares?"

Cue the anonymous hordes reminding me of the opportunities for full-scale expansion in DHS and all sorts of other brand new projects in the development pipeline.

Correct me if i'm wrong but with the acquisition they have full control of all lucas properties correct? Previously, they had to pay a royalty no? Wouldn't it be much cheaper for them to create a Lucas land now with the buyout as compared to say 10 years ago?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom