Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

GeorgiaPinesRJB

For those of you who doubt the authenticity of the plans I posted,
here is a stolen photo of a meeting that took place just hours
ago, deep within the halls of Walt Disney Imagineering.

expplans.jpg

Were the massing at Sullust? haha

Also, for the new movie... Whedon or Nolan would be great... what about Alfonso Cauron?

Beholder

yes because THE MATRIX and STAR WARS are very similar. Indeed.

Care to guess what franchise is in the top five for boys in just about every category from books to toys to apparel? Disney has always looked for the
way to boys interests, here you go. Along with a
gigantic fanbase that puts the potter books and
movies to shame...

Yep bad move. :rolleyes:

Agreed. Besides, Star Wars and Dr Jones are woven into the fabric of American pop culture. These films and the related material from these properties are ingrained in Americana much like Superman (created in the early 30's!), Captain Kirk and co., and Dirty Harry. There are more and probably better examples, but these Lucas film properties are still rich with potential.

AswaySuller

yes because THE MATRIX and STAR WARS are very similar. Indeed.

Care to guess what franchise is in the top five for boys in just about every category from books to toys to apparel? Disney has always looked for the way to boys interests, here you go. Along with a gigantic fanbase that puts the potter books and movies to shame...

Yep bad move. :rolleyes:

It's just a serious lack of creativity....

Marvel was a great buy it has so much scope and growth and opportunity..... I don't see the growth and quality coming from buying Lucas film.... I'm sorry I don't.

Master Gracey

I don't think anyone else sees the true potential in this. Can anyone else possibly fathom the true awesomeness of "Howard the Duck's Wild Ride"? Anyone?

AswaySuller

Agreed. Besides, Star Wars and Dr Jones are woven into the fabric of American pop culture. These films and the related material from these properties are ingrained in Americana much like Superman (created in the early 30's!), Captain Kirk and co., and Dirty Harry. There are more and probably better examples, but these Lucas film properties are still rich with potential.

Agreed, but throwing money at it doesn't change that...

I could buy Neil Armstrong's space suit.... But that doesn't make me the first man on the moon!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
There's not a super large red "CONFIDENTAL" stamp on it so I'm sort of suspicious....
You're right...d*mn it I was super excited it seemed so official.....I mean a little light on the Star Wars attractions but VERY OFFICIAL.
For those of you who doubt the authenticity of the plans I posted,
here is a stolen photo of a meeting that took place just hours
ago, deep within the halls of Walt Disney Imagineering.

expplans.jpg

Ok now wait a minute...it didn't have the CONFIDENTIAL stamp...but now you've produced this. THIS HAS TO BE official....look leia is there...I mean come on she wouldn't be looking at
fake plans for new attractions.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Now if Disney bought the park rights to LOTR.... haha oh and add a Dr. Who attraction to Epcot. BOOM! Potter doesn't have a chance with all the geek culture collected in one little package...

Tom

Beta Return
And I wonder what this means for Indiana Jones? Disney is sure to want to cash in on every corner of this deal.

In the Conference Call, Rasulo stated that they placed no value on the Indiana franchise when valuing the purchase, since Indiana is wrapped up by Paramount.

taz0162

Oh boy oh boy oh boy of boy oh boy..... Seriously so excited about this. I did not expect this to happen. So many possibilities here.

JustInTime

In the Conference Call, Rasulo stated that they placed no value on the Indiana franchise when valuing the purchase, since Indiana is wrapped up by Paramount.
Crap. I'd love for them to take advantage of Dr. Jones. So there is no hope? Do they even own that franchise?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom