Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

Jedeye80

Dont know what to say about this, the idea of more Star Wars films fills me with joy. Even more so without Lucas scripting or directing but please disney let Pixar handle these, my 2 year old son has had me watching toy story 3 all day and every time I watch it I realise that no studio makes films like this and Star Wars in Pixars hands can only be a good thing.
As far as lucas properties in the parks surely now is the time to expand the DHS Star Wars area. With a new movie every few years one ride and a shop just isn't enough for a film series that is as popular as Star Wars. Not sure what this means for Indiana jones but hopefully more is to come there as well.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have been a huge Star Wars fan since I saw the first movie back in 1977 and I am very excited to hear this news, I think this is a great buy for Disney. News also came at a good time, needed to hear something positive after dealing with the hurricane for the past few days.

I almost of big fan of the Star Wars podcast, The Force Cast and they was a recent discussion on Kathleen Kennedy's motivation to leave her own studio to lead Lucasfilm, and they only reason they could think of was the lure of being able to make more Star Wars movies. If they get the right people to write and direct I think there is huge potential in new Star Wars movies. The idea someone mentioned earlier of Joss Whedon directing a Star Wars movie would just make my geek fan-boy head explode!

I see some people doubting Lucasfilm's creative abilities in light of the lackluster prequel trilogy, but I recommend people check out the Clone Wars TV series. I think this shows what can be done if Star Wars is put in the right hands.

Just my random thoughts for now.

invader

But now you get the Disney intro and a castle. :rolleyes: I know, it won't be the same. I was thinking, can you imagine Star Wars posters with the DISNEY logo really noticeably placed above the epic STAR WARS?
I doubt that they would mess with anything that majorly. Star Wars fans are just like Disney fans, very protective of their IP. They want the best, not just to be wiped off of the windshield, which I think Disney knows.

Bairstow

Wow...

As a both a Star Wars and Disney fanatic this deal could spell heaven. Or an ignonimous decay of a once thriving SW franchise.

Pretty sure if there was a bottom to be hit with Star Wars it's already been hit.
DarthTater_04.jpg

There's no place to go at this point but up, so with the Mouse as new management, things will probably get better.

AswaySuller

I hate to be negative but....

Have they lost their effing minds?

Lucasfilm.....

Really?

Wow.... Talk about 30 years too late!

What was left of it GL pooed on 10 years ago.....

Wow.... Just wow

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom