Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

G00fyDad

All big three will be back and their kids will be the main characters I hope the kids are in their 20's and not like 10.

Source?

They have already said that the EU will not come into play with these movies. Of course it is stupid to think that Han and Leia will not have kids, but I doubt their kids will be the focus.

Bparso87

Source?

They have already said that the EU will not come into play with these movies. Of course it is stupid to think that Han and Leia will not have kids, but I doubt their kids will be the focus.
From showbiz 411 rumor right now but most of the rumors I keep hearing have been true. I hope so I think Mark Hamill is more known as the joker then Luke. It would be good to get him back in Star Wars.

NoChesterHester

All big three will be back and their kids will be the main characters I hope the kids are in their 20's and not like 10.

Jedi are forbidden from having children or a family. So Luke, trying to bring back the Jedi Order immediately does away with that rule? Bad start.

I bet we find an aging Luke living the life of a sage monk, much like his mentor. Han and Leia's kids could be major characters, but they don't have to be the main characters in my opinion.

I'd love if they moved the story along. Star Wars can be a little incestuous... All story lines don't have to connect.

Bparso87

Jedi are forbidden from having children or a family. So Luke, trying to bring back the Jedi Order immediately does away with that rule? Bad start.

I bet we find an aging Luke living the life of a sage monk, much like his mentor. Han and Leia's kids could be major characters, but they don't have to be the main characters in my opinion.

I'd love if they moved the story along. Star Wars can be a little incestuous... All story lines don't have to connect.
Most movies have to change stuff from source material I am still 50/50 about this being good. I am looking forward to the stand alone movies more I think.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

You don't like awkward love stories that involve 10 year olds? Good thing we've never gotten anything like that in SW. I mean could you imagine dialogue like this -

"Anakin: Are you an angel?
Queen Amidala: What?
Anakin: An angel. I've heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They live on the moons of Iego, I think. They're the most beautiful creatures in the universe.
Queen Amidala: You're a funny little boy. How do you know so much?
Anakin: I listen to all the traders and star pilots who come through here. I'm a pilot, you know, and someday I'm going to fly away from this place."

cba

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
If Disney wants these movies to be a success, they need to get Harrison Ford. I can't imagine another Star Wars movie without Harrison Ford, heck maybe the prequels would've been a bit better with, well, actually, no it probably still would be bad.

Don't know if I think it is a necessity, but getting Mr. Ford to sign a contract sure would help a lot.

G00fyDad

If Disney wants these movies to be a success, they need to get Harrison Ford. I can't imagine another Star Wars movie without Harrison Ford, heck maybe the prequels would've been a bit better with, well, actually, no it probably still would be bad.

Yeah, they were horrible. They should have made them darker and kept the comedy out of the movies. I mean, they were Vader's stories. They needed to be dark and show the horrible path he took to the dark side. Typical Lucas though.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

It would be nice have him and some of the other main characters appear in a new film but I don't feel it's necessary for success. If they do appear I imagine they will only have a small part in the first movie anyway.

Maerj

It would be nice have him and some of the other main characters appear in a new film but I don't feel it's necessary for success. If they do appear I imagine they will only have a small part in the first movie anyway.

Agreed.

In response to some of these other posts:

The prequels were financially sucessful. Also, I talked to many younger people about them and they not only loved them but told me that they think they should re-do the originals to make them more like the prequels!

I can see how Original Trilogy fans were disappointed by the newer ones but they were far from being horrible. If those are the worst movies you've seen, you need to see more movies! There were some clunky, awkward moments and some stiff dialogue. But you know, when the originals were out, critics accused them of the same things. I see it as a case of the original audience growing, while the films really didn't and the fans feeling jilted as a result.:cool:

I also think that the films were plenty dark enough, especially the third one. In fact, I can see OT fans not liking the first two but the third one was really good and a great lead up to the original film.

I think it's just one of those cases where people are going to see what they want to see. There were plenty of great moments in the prequels. If you can watch the films and enjoy them for what they are, great. If you want to sit there and jump on every awkward line or cringe at every little alien in the background that you don't like or whatever, then you're not going to like them, which is fine. For me, I was happy to have 3 more SW movies. I loved the hype, the anticipation and the whole experience overall. It was fun, which is what Star Wars is supposed to be. No matter what happens in these new ones, I intend to have fun with them again and i hope others will as well.

Bparso87

You don't like awkward love stories that involve 10 year olds? Good thing we've never gotten anything like that in SW. I mean could you imagine dialogue like this -

"Anakin: Are you an angel?
Queen Amidala: What?
Anakin: An angel. I've heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They live on the moons of Iego, I think. They're the most beautiful creatures in the universe.
Queen Amidala: You're a funny little boy. How do you know so much?
Anakin: I listen to all the traders and star pilots who come through here. I'm a pilot, you know, and someday I'm going to fly away from this place."
U proved my point. I really do think they will be good movies.

erasure fan1

Agreed.

I think it's just one of those cases where people are going to see what they want to see. There were plenty of great moments in the prequels. If you can watch the films and enjoy them for what they are, great. If you want to sit there and jump on every awkward line or cringe at every little alien in the background that you don't like or whatever, then you're not going to like them, which is fine. For me, I was happy to have 3 more SW movies. I loved the hype, the anticipation and the whole experience overall. It was fun, which is what Star Wars is supposed to be. No matter what happens in these new ones, I intend to have fun with them again and i hope others will as well.
This is exactly how I feel as well. Are there things I would have done different? Heck yea, Lucas was a stubborn pig about a lot of stuff and let his ego get in the way of what was best for the movies. That is why I have a lot higher hopes for the new movies, he is only a consultant. All the important stuff is being handled by more capable people.

Bparso87

Almost every movie has good parts. The characters that Star Wars has there will always be good parts in every movie but it does not make it a good film.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Well, that, sir, is your opinion. You are very much entitled to it just as everyone else is. Also, I never implied that Jar Jar was there for anything else BUT comic relief in Episode 1. The never-ending bashing just is repeatitive and gets really old. I think it's childish to be complaining for 14 years about a character who was admittedly put there for kids. There are things in any movie that I may not like, I usually shrug, say oh well and move on. But throw a few more darts at the Jar Jar poster in your room, I could care less.

Although, I felt that Jar Jar represented Anakin's innocence. Which is why there is less and less of him throughout the films. He is simple, innocent and child-like. He becomes a rep of his people but still retains these characteristics. Then is tricked into helping to form the Empire. He should have been killed in the third film, not out of fan boy vengence but to show the ending of Anakin's innocence.

Not sure what you are meaning about "That right there say it all." You said name ONE. I named more than one. In fact, I came back and posted one seperately. I suppose you won't agree that it was a good scene since Christensen was in it but I thought that the reveal was very clever and very subtly done.

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree, which I am fine with.
And that is all that needed to be said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom